by Wolfgirl 86 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• hooberus
    hooberus

My point is as cellmould said: "smart people believe stupid things"

Edited by - hooberus on 24 October 2002 21:28:36

• pomegranate
  • rem
    rem

How, exactly, is that stupid? I contend that only ignorant people would disagree with it. Unfortunately, ignorant people don't know that they look stupid.

rem

• pomegranate
    pomegranate

Here's my Great Aunt Tilly:

• rem
    rem

Nah, too good looking. No way you came from those genes!

rem

• hooberus
    hooberus

according to rem only "ignorant people" disagree that our grandparents are fish!

and then the fish prodeced amphibians (like frogs) which later turned into people (like Prince William). Who says a frog can't become a prince! Its soooo scientific . . . its a proven fact you know . . . not to be doubted . . . no faith necessary . . . all smart people know its true . . . wacth out for apostate scientists who don't believe anymore . . . don't read what they say . . . their biased .. . they aren't real scientists even though they may have multiple doctorates . . . I know we'll call them "scientists"

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

I think rem was getting at that he understands the theory involved and can come to a logical conclusion based on the evidence we have as of today.

However rem is open as the "independent" science moves forward to prove or disprove certain theories in science.

Whereas you, hoob, must stay in "the box" no matter what and believe in what some men (not God) stated as fact wrt to the making of the world a few thousand years ago.

You must come to conclusions before you conduct your studies. That is not science whatsoever. Whereas "smart" people do the studies first and based on the observations they can come to some logical conclusions and then test the conclusions more and more.

Like I said before, if you lived a thousand years ago, you would be one of those dudes who would be spewing out of his mouth that the world was flat cause "church men" said so. Or even better you would be one of those guys who believed Jesus healed the sick but "cleansed" the lepers as that wonderful bible of your's tells you (remember you gotta stay inside that box hoob). I won't even go into the other old bible books on the subject. Of course now a days we all know hansen's disease is a bacteriological disease and you need to be treated for it and not "cleansed" or stoned to death!

Wake up, quit mixing science and faith, and, start properly applying geoscience.

hawk

• pomegranate
    pomegranate

The new evolution theory is:

EVEN CARS EVOLVED FROM FISH!! SCIENTIFIC EVIDENCE:

• hooberus
    hooberus

I think the theory about us coming from fish is more like geoscience fiction.

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

hooberus

I think the theory about us coming from fish is more like geoscience fiction.

Wonderful .... that is your theory. I am not disputing it but n ow try and prove it.

Review the background information.

Set up a methodology.

Test it and make observations.

Discus the observations

Then come to the conclusions.

Make more recommendations for futher studies to test the hypothesis and of course allow a group of peers to review it.

That's what it's about hoob. Science is not "absolute" unlike your faith. I don't need to have a conclusion before I start. I must understand the background information. I must have a good methodology and good quality control and assurance to get the best observations possible. After I am done then I make my conclusions on my theory.

See how it's done?

Please. You were trapped in an organization that told you what to do and kept you in a "box". You are free now. Don't "tie" yourself down to conclusions that were made thousands of years ago before you even look into something. Be willing to learn and test, test, test. Freedom offers you this chance and science offers you the chance to learn how to "critically" test - take it and enjoy what the world actually has to offer.

hawk

Edited by - hawkaw on 24 October 2002 22:48:52

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit