Silent Witnesses: here it is!

by ozziepost 18 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

This weekend's "Sunday" program on Channel Nine in Australia features a report along the lines of Dateline and Panorama.

Just up on their site is the following report:

Silent Witnesses September 22, 2002
    Reporter :Graham Davis

Sunday has managed to get inside the highly secretive Jehovah's Witnesses, who have some 60,000 adherents in Australia, and found the Church has secretly pursued a policy of obstructing police investigations into child abusers. Some Church elders believe that, since the rest of us live in a world run by Satan, they have a divine right even to lie in court. Child abuse victims tell for the first time how they were told not to take their complaints to the police. In one case, the same paedophile molested up to 40 children, but still the Jehovah's Witnesses did nothing ...

The full transcript will; be up on this site, after the show goes to air.

http://sunday.ninemsn.com.au/sunday/cover_stories/article_1149.asp

Don't forget, this Sunday at 9am AEST.

Cheers, Ozzie

• zev
    zev

thanks ozzie!

i see that the video can be ordered. hopefully y'all use the standard vhs format, i think i'll try to order the video to add to my collection.

good job, and i love the write up. it really is direct and to the point.

• Matty
    Matty

Australia uses the PAL 625 line format, which is different to the American NTSC system, so there might be a problem here.

• TTBoy
    TTBoy

Wow you Austrailians don't mix words now do you. "Obstructing police" and "a divine right to lie in court". Looks like they got a mole into a congragation. This should be very interesting!

TT

• Sam Beli
    Sam Beli

Thank you Ozzie. Sounds like this may be the finest expose yet on this subject. Looking forward to the complete article.

Sam

• In_between_days
    In_between_days

Any ideas from anyone when the time slot will be for Brisbane?

• ItsJustlittleoldme
    ItsJustlittleoldme

Wow! Looks like they are gonna tell the whole truth, and nothing but the truth about "the troof" :-)

Should be very reveiling !!!!! If the story comes across like the 'write up' suggests, I'll bet those 60,000 JW's in Australia will be getting signifigantly colder receptions at the doors from now on...

Go Channel 9 (Wherever you are)..

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

ozziepost, do you have any idea how much time they will give the story?

• patio34
    patio34

It appears they're taking off the gloves for this one. Thanks for posting the link, Ozzie, and we'll be looking forward to it.

Pat

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day all!

Zev: Your old Ozzie was pleased to assist Channel Nine on this write-up.

TTBoy:

Looks like they got a mole into a congragation.

Not exactly, just former WTS directors, Bethelites and insiders!!! Watch for their faces!

plmkrzy: the report will last for 40 to 45 minutes.

patio34:

they're taking off the gloves for this one

You ain't kidding! They'll call for criminal charges to be laid against the WTS officers!!!!

Cheers, Ozzie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit