It's been a year.......

by FreeFallin 7 Replies latest jw friends

• FreeFallin
    FreeFallin

since I first posted here. Going thru all the phases of grief has been difficult, but worth it. The shock and disbelief that everything I knew was a lie, that I no longer had all the answers, and then the anger of being deceived. Finally I've reached the stage of acceptance, and I have all of you to thank. Coming to this forum and reading your personal experiences and how so many of you have suffered at the hands of the Watchtower has certainly been sobering. it's made me realize that I have been very lucky, and I am grateful for that. All the research that has been done and made available here also went a long way in aleveating(sp) the guilt that had consumed me for the last 6 years.

Although I realize that no one here except ((((((((((Joy))))))))) knows me, I feel as if I have known many of you all my life. And for this I thank you.

Simon, You've touched thousands of lives. I can't say enough to express my gratitude.

FreeFallin

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Hello FreeFallin

It has been quite a year. I feel the same as you. Sweet 'acceptance'. Finally letting it go. This was hard for us too.

Glad you and Joy have become friends.

Jst2laws

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

When you think back to that difficult period in your life where your world came crashing down around you, that sick feeling and tortured thoughts, you wonder how you ever made it.

After all is said and done and the storm is over there is great peace and clarity of thought. Life certainly presents it's challenges and has it's ups and downs but at least it is real now.

Path

• Marilyn
    Marilyn

Happy anniversary!! I hope you celebrated your birthday sometime over the last 12 months. Happy birthday for that too. :-) I am sure that you don't hve to make a big deal of this stuff, but it's nice to know that you can please yourself to do what feels comfortable. Not what makes other people feel comfortable. There seems to be so many catching on now. It seems so bleedin' obvious to me, I don't understand how everyone doesn't see thru it. BUT once I used to think like that about the troof. :-( Hope all works out great for you.

Marilyn

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

WOW, Freefalling, has it been a year?!!!!!!!

And what a rollercoaster year!

You summed up what I've been feeling this last year just beautifully. This place has been great for helping me heal and obviously you, too.

I'm glad we found each other, it helps to have friends.

\~/\~/ here's to many more years of friendship.

hugs,

j2bf

ps and THANK YOU Simon and Angharad, we don't mention it enough sometimes.

• gumby
    gumby

Hi Freefallin.

A person can go through a lot in a year! As you say...it is worth it.

Sometimes I feel like I am glad I went through what I did .....just for the experience learned that can make us better people. Coming out of the dubs makes a person extremly sceptical about things and can make a person a little wiser in life. Some however come out and don't learn a thing.

Take care. It's nice having you here.

• COMF
    COMF

Glad you're back, FreeFallin. Yup, acceptance is a wonderful thing. It means they're no longer controlling you.

• Simon
    Simon

Thanks FreeFallin, it's very touching to know people have got so much from this site and very humbling to be able to provide it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit