Separated for over a month...

by cognac 12 Replies latest jw friends

• cognac
    cognac

It hasn't been easy at all... Trying to care for two kids- ages 3 & 6, while working fulltime, barely any support from immediate family, my ex has only seen the kids twice for a few hours, ughhhh...

I make way to much money to qualify for any sort of help, ex barely makes anything so that's out...

This is a million times harder than I could have even imagined... But, we are managing somehow; abeit, a little creatively at times...

I had just started thinking to myself, "We can do this!" Then, my house got robbed, about 10k worth of stuff stolen... Ughhhh....

This is so depressing...

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

my ex has only seen the kids twice for a few hours, ughhhh

Is he at least paying child support ?

Why hasn't he been around ?

Sorry about your robbery , thats too much

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    Sorry you're going through a tough time, you know we're always here to listen though. Do you have any friends nearby to help out or even share a glass of wine with when the kids are in bed?
  • cha ching
    cha ching

So sorry someone had to come and make things worse! Just when you think, how could it be!? Robbery is so evil.

I hope the police are on top of it.... Time to invest in some type of home security, right? A dog? Camera?

Again, regards & hugs,

Cha Ching

• jhine
    jhine

So sorry Cognac , I don't know what else to say .

Jan

• flipper
    flipper

COGNAC- I'm so sorry that you're going through these hardships. Having been divorced myself once when I had children, I know it's not easy. Especially when your children are as young as yours are - mine were teenagers when I divorced . I wish your parents or your sister would help more in caring for your children. I mean- isn't that what family is for ? But it's tough when most of our family are JW's. They just don't understand- all they know is how to do is to make US feel guilty . Instead of giving unconditional support without judgment.

I'm sad to hear that you got robbed. Oh my god, I cannot even imagine the stress you are under. Please know and realize that my wife and I are here if you ever want to chat, O.K. ? There are no easy solutions but we send out supportive thoughts to you today and please know that we are thinking of you and your children. Keep your chin up, hang in there sis

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Hey kiddo, I am so sorry about the robbery, have a good sound off here. Forget the money... why the crap hasn't he had the kids more???!!!! Is he a male chauv JW male?? Or is it cos you have just seperated so its difficult to see each other just now? Early stages are so hard... you just feel like giving in, come home!l Hey I would get honest and say you are having a hard time and get him to take the kids for the weekend at least. Especially if you get no extended family support, you are gonna burn out if not! I send you a karmic HUG 😀💋
  • LisaRose
    LisaRose

I am sorry you hit a rough patch. ((Hugs)).

I am sure it will get easier with time, but you are making it, if only just barely, so give yourself a pat on the back for that.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

What a tough time. Any chance the ex took stuff because he feels it's his? My ex would.

I'm sorry, it's hard and will be for the next 15 years minimum. But after you get through the upcoming months and all of their issues, you will get the superwoman cape and be able to handle anything life throws at you.

• cognac
    cognac

Fink - no child support. I didn't even ask as he doesn't make a lot and I want him to be able to support himself.

nic - not really, just a few.

cha Ching - yup, getting some things installed on Wed.

jhine - thank you

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit