FLUFF??/Why do men.

by plmkrzy 15 Replies latest jw friends

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

always get the isle seats?

Did anyone else besides me ever notice that men always get the isle seat at the meetings? (KH) Unless of course all the isle seats are taken and a man arrives late. Even then I use to notice a lot of men would prefer to stand in the back rather then sit in the middle of a row. Except the very front row. For some reason the front row was ok.

This never made much sense to me since it is always the women getting up during the meetings and making trips to the bathroom. The men would either standing up to let the ladies out or mash their legs as far into their seat as possible to let the ladies squeeeez through.

I always hated it when they would do that. You have to either choose to face them while squeezing through, and for some reason that seemed weird, or turn your butt towards their face.

And then there are the kids. Up and down squeezing in and out of the rows of seats because they are sitting in the middle of the row with mom.

Luckily towards the end of my regularity, there were always plenty of seats so even though all the men usually grabbed the isle seats, there were still at least a couple left for us single girls.

But I would always notice the wives would be seated inside the row, never on the isle, followed by the kiddies. And you know theyre going to be getting up and down and have to struggle to squeeze past dad and then the poor women who are alone have to squeeze through all of that.

It would make so much more sense for men to sit in the middle since they almost never get up anyway.

Why must men have the isle seat?

Is it a manly thing?

Does the isle seat express a sense of control that cant be achieved in the middle of a row?

Or even just one seat away from the isle?

I really want to know!

• LB
    LB

Because if you sit on the ailse other brothers will peak up your skirt. Placing you in the middle of the row is a protection. Not to mention the young microphone handlers that are peeking down your blouse.

It's all about protecting the sisters. And those horny young wannabe ministerial servants.

• WildTurkey
    WildTurkey

Yeah I think it is a man thing, kind of like sitting in the driver seat.

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy
    Placing you in the middle of the row is a protection.

LOL!

hmmm drivers seat. hadn't thought of it like that. But yeh lol

Edited by - plmkrzy on 19 September 2002 16:30:18

• Xena
    Xena

Cause their HUGE bookbag wouldn't fit in front of them and so they need to put them next to them...ergo they take the isle seat and place their bookbag next to it for people to trip over...

after all everyone knows the bigger the bookbag......

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

As an elder, the book bag needed for meetings could only sit squarely at the end of a row........

• stichione
    stichione

I think its a domination thing, like the TV remote control for men. I always noticed the men (who were also the family head) sat on the aisle end and the wife and kids on the inside. This kind of like shows who's the head. I on the other hand preferred for the longest time to sit more in and let the wife and kids sit nearer to the aisle end. It didn't mean my wife was now the head (I least I don't think so!), but I did this at first because I didn't want the brothers passing the mikes to notice that I didn't underline my study articles. Then I just got used to it.

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

Plum:

You answered your own question:

You have to either choose to face them while squeezing through, and for some reason that seemed weird, or turn your butt towards their face.

Muahahahaha!

Expatbrit

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

After doing an exhaustive search on Google, I have come to the conclusion that all research tells us that the aisle seat on an airplane is one of the main causes of concussion. See the attached web page:

http://www.globalideasbank.org/SD/SD-128.HTML

We also learn how to get the aisle seat while traveling:

http://webcenter.independenttraveler.netscape.com/travel/resources/article.cfm?AID=17&category=1

I come to the sad conclusion that for the JW brothers, the aisle seat is indeed, a way to KEEP WOMEN IN THEIR PLACE!!

Perhaps we can get a sociologist student, working on his/her PhD, to do a study on why JW men always get the aisle? I am thinking perhaps it is brain chemistry?

• heathen
    heathen

I'm thinkig it's because women are always the last ones to sit down and shut up thus losing any claim to the isle seat .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit