Totally happy in your marriage?

by Lost Diamond 63 Replies latest social family

• truthseeker1
    truthseeker1

I was happy in my marriage, but I'm happier now that I'm single. Its the whole of my life I look at.

WOOHOO, outa the dubs overshadows the loss of my wife....(not to death, but to brainwashedness) <----is that a word even??

• pincushion
    pincushion

Absolutely happy in my marriage...I KNOW I have found my soulmate. Sex gets better all the time. However I think if we seek the perfect partnet be it in our spouse or in a person of interest, we will never find them, as no one is perfect...and a person is just setting themself up for disappointment. Relationships are built not only from love and sexual attraction. They also are built from compatibility, which does not necessarily mean sameness.

• dsgal
    dsgal

Yes,I am very happy in my marriage.My husband and I will celebrate our 30th anniversary next April and I can't imagine life without him.

• teejay
    teejay
    How many of you are totally, incredibly happy in your marriage? How many of you feel that your spouse is your absolute soul mate and you couldn't even imagine your being married somebody else?

What's wrong with you??!! Are you CRAZY? Have you been reading the bible or watching Ophra a little too much?

Look... hopes for a happy marriage is a crap shoot. A gamble. A shot in the dark. Even those that are star struck and find their 'one and only' hafta do some major compromising and even then the prospects ain't good. Not for the 'ever after.'

My goodness... you got me LMAO!! I mean... that was funny.

"TOTALLY HAPPY IN MARRIAGE"

There's at least 3 words in that title that don't belong w/ the other two.

tj-vice-pres of the cynics

• footprints
    footprints

So, what's it like having sex with the same person over so many years? Does it get better and better?

Words cannot discribe. It's great. Practice makes perfect... It can take years to know exactly how to please you mate... I can assure you all the practice is worth it....

And like Linda Evans and Sean Connery some people look better every year..

My wife is better looking now than 32 years ago when she married me and she was beautiful then..

• Scarlet
    Scarlet

RT and I are very happy. I couldn't imagine ever being with anyone else. I love him more now than the day I married him (4 years ago).

• troucul
    troucul

been dazed and confused for so long it's not true
    wanted a woman but never bargained for you
    lots of people talkin but few of them know
    SOUL OF A WOMAN WAS CREATED BELOW

i think that last line sums up everything...

• Lost Diamond
    Lost Diamond

Teejay,

I could appreciate what you have to say. Hey, I've been though some very tough times and I know what heartache is, but I refuse to be so negative. There may be some truth on what you had to say, but I feel we all live our experiences and must come to our own conclusions. What is good for one may not be good for the other. I was curious as to how others felt about this subject. I personally decide to put a smile on my face, and come what may.

I'm glad I made you chuckel :) .....it's good to laugh!

• gumby
    gumby

How many of you feel that your spouse is your absolute soul mate and you couldn't even imagine your being married somebody else?

I do not feel I have ever met anyone I could love as I do my wife.

She is honest, sincere, compassionate, and beautiful. She loves me and that means more than all the other stuff. We are going on 30 years this November.

Even though she is a dub and I am not......we have no trouble over it. She respects my feelings and I keep my mouth shut.....for the most part......about her feelings.

• seven006
    seven006

Lost,

You are a real sweetheart and I'm sure you will be happy with the right person someday and you certainly deserve it. Until then, do you want to mess around a little?

Just trying to lighten things up a bit, that's what us happily unmarried guys do. Ya see, we are all alone in life and we....sniff....sniff....ya know, cry a lot cuz we are sensitive and stuff. Sometimes we just need a hug and stuff. Emphases on the "stuff." The poor sad single guy thing works sometimes, are ya buying it?

Dave

PS: Try to keep your sense of humor, it's the only thing that doesn't sag after a while

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit