Questions to ask after July broadcast

by scooterspank 12 Replies latest jw friends

• scooterspank
    scooterspank
    Just wondering what questions you might ask an active jw following the July broadcast and the 10 minutes addressing child sex abuse? Or is it even worth the trouble.
  • freemindfade
    freemindfade

Doesn't that catholic church also condemn child abuse?

Where did that PSA come from, and where did it go to?

Why do they keep talking about abuse?

• sir82
    sir82

What organization would actually publicly condone child abuse? Any nitwit can say that they "abhor child abuse".

Jesus said "by their fruits you will recognize them". What "fruitage" has the WTS produced regarding preventing child abuse, aside from a 13 year old PSA that probably 40 people ever saw?

If preventing child abuse is such a high priority, what active steps is the organization taking to do so, aside from "not discouraging" parents to report it?

The word "proactive" was thrown in several times in that speech. In what sense can "not discouraging reporting" be considered to be "proactive"?

• The_Doctor10
    The_Doctor10

I have no clue what to say to a JW to make them actually question the GB, they're mostly blind to everything.

But for myself, I hope this child abuse scandal blows up in the GBs face and comes under more public/news scrutiny, because I know I've heard plenty of JWs say, "How do people stay Catholic when so many of their preachers abused children??" Let's see if they ask the same of their own belief in the GB should this scandal become a widely publicized/talked about issue on major news networks like happened in Catholicism.

• millie210
    millie210

I would say to any JW about this broadcast,

"Just remember, what they are worried about they talk about"

Doubters was the concern at the Regional and pedophile cases is the worry they have 24/7

• steve2
    steve2

One question:

In what way was the 1982 Awake on child sexual abuse a landmark edition?

Given that TOMO acknowledged it was worldly authorities who helped the "naive" realize the magnitude of the problem of child sexual abuse, how could anything printed by the organization be described as landmark?

He wrongly creates the impression that the organization's literature has been on the cutting edge of knowledge and awareness of child sexual abuse - when the organization in fact has been well behind the play on this crucial topic.

• 1Averagejoe
    1Averagejoe

I will say as I have mentioned to some elders when we were having this subject discussed at the elders school that this is because it's prevalent and there have been cases of elders/bethelite being taken to court due to child abuse. I was a Bethelite so sometimes my comments are credited to knowing stuff due to that.

To one elder I had said we've been blaming christendom for the same thing thats been happening right among us.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

Do you AM#3 even feel there is a chance you are in a deep state of denial as to the suffering the Corporation is causing young people?

How does it feel to have so many child molestation lawsuits on the books with the possibility of many more future ones?

Do you think the courts are a tool of Satan perhaps getting revenge for your destruction of his plastic wizard warlock Sparlock?

And can we have some more kiddie video featuring a final battle with Sparlock the warrior wizard being vaporized by Jehovah?

And when is Lett's turn to give another rubber mouth rendition of something insane?

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

Am#3 what did your do with the money your mother gave you to see a psychiatrist?

Do you think Now is the time to take that money and as much as you can get and get a good reputable psychiatrist and not a dumb fucking one that is a JW?

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

You might as well bang your head on a brick wall.

The majority of the rhetoric on that other site is along the lines of:

- the elders are not the police

- even the courts need two witnesses

- the parents should be disfellowshipped (or more) for not reporting and leaving their kids with others... "they should serve time for neglect and pay a stiff fine as well. I'm so disgusted." or "Why is the organisation held guiltier (more responsible) than the parents in such cases?"

- people are stupid for not reporting

- this is a subject being manipulated by apostates

etc... etc... etc...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit