A couple of ??'s

by JG 23 Replies latest jw friends

• JG
    JG

Since my wife has been attending meetings recently, and I have been going with her I have noticed a change.

I mentioned I thought it was weird that after the sun talk and before watchtower study they would announce the number of people who had attended and invite them to stay for the WT study. Since I mentioned this to an elder it has STOPPED. I have never heard it again. Is this Normally done??

Also is there anything such as a Jack Witness? This is what my wife seems to be wanting to do. She went to the bar w/ me last weekend, bought me a birthday present atttends church with me when I go etc.
    Sean

• DJ
    DJ

Hi JG,

Hmmm...interesting. I don't know what to think about the counting of heads. As for the birthday thing well, my family really does celebrate birthdays...they just don't call them birthdays and they don't do it on the DAY....usually within the week. It's makes me angry and sad all at the same time. They even eat cake but it isn't decorated, go figure. They just don't do that around MY b-day......apostate U know.

P.S. Forgive my ignorance but what is a Jack witness? dj

• JG
    JG

I'm sorta in Mormon country and Jack mormon is a derogetory term used for people who are LDS but don't live the life. Jack mormons sometimes smoke drink don't wear the funny underwear etc. but still are LDS.

• Tzu
    Tzu
    Jack mormons sometimes smoke drink don't wear the funny underwear etc. but still are LDS.

Um ....... funny underwear?? Is that a joke or do they really have *funny* underwear LOL?

• JG
    JG

From what I understand You have to wear all natural cotton underwear after you are baptised. I have heard that it is only when you go to temple and I have heard that is all of the time I'm not positive as to what is 100% correct but I do know they have special stores to buy them in and places to order off of the net. So any LDS on here willing to give us the whole story.
    Sean

• ISP
    ISP

Its the chairmans job to link the Public Talk to the WT study etc. It was a boring job IMO.....never looked forward to it......I guess this guy was looking for something different to say re the attendance figures.

ISP

• truthseeker1
    truthseeker1

They did the same, attendance & invite in my old cong. I think its the new policy. I also noticed how the chairman also tried to recap on some points of the talk. he would say "We all enjoyed how you brough out that adam and eve were real people, 6000 years ago rather than mythological people." then would say "I'd like to invite all 7 people in attendance to stay for the Watchtower."

• JG
    JG

We all enjoyed how you brough out that adam and eve were real people, 6000 years ago rather than mythological people." then would say "I'd like to invite all 7 people in attendance to stay for the Watchtower." and after the watchtower please feel free to stay and play naked twister/

• SYN
    SYN

LOL @ JG!

All cotton underwear eh? HMMMM.

• JG
    JG

Ithink we got ripped off, I don't get to wear special underwear! My only special underwear are leopard print and slide off of my butt.
    Sean

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit