One year of being free

by Israel Ricky Gonzales 22 Replies latest jw experiences

• Israel Ricky Gonzales
    Israel Ricky Gonzales

One year ago, this Thursday, I went to work as usual. I got home, ate dinner, got myself dressed for the meeting, and helped my kids get ready like I usually did.

One person died that evening, the JW Ricky G.

It's been a struggle since then, I have to admit. Losing everything in your life, family and friends, and nearly losing my marriage as well, is traumatic. I had nothing, and no one to talk to except my 7 and 5 year old kids.
    But I have weathered the storm and as we say in Texas, theres always a rainbow after a tornado. Good things are slowly falling in place and I can honestly say that despite the hardships, life is getting better each day.
    How could I ever forget that Thursday July 24, 2014?! My daughters birthday will always have a very special meaning to me. Tomorrow I will celebrate my daughters birthday and let her have her big day, for the very first time. But today....

Cheers to being FREE!

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe
    Congrats, and happy birthday to your daughter!
  • opusdei1972
    opusdei1972
    Be happy !!!
  • zimunzucz
    zimunzucz
    after my exit the kids began to look forward to their birthdays and realized it wasn't evil, as they were brought into the world out of love-- birthdays are the anniversary of the day they came into the family- the firstborn's birthday is the anniversary of the day we first became a family.
  • Giordano
    Giordano

Freedom comes with a price but at a certain point the price seems more reasonable.

Congrats for a special July 24th!

• goingthruthemotions
    goingthruthemotions

Good on you mate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Right now i am having a hard time with my JW blinded wife......I truely hate this cult of a religion!

• Bonsai
    Bonsai
    A fake part of you died. You shed it like a reptile sheds old skin. It feels so much better when that load is gone. Happy one year anniversary! My one year mark is coming up soon, too.
  • ToesUp
    ToesUp

Congrats! Cheers! Enjoy your life....enjoy your children (they grow too fast).

It will get better each day that you are out! You're free!

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

One year of being free from a lying and corrupt religious publishing house ........ NICE

• dgeero
    dgeero
    Congrats Ricky on 1 year of freedom! I enjoyed listening to your story on JWStruggle. It takes real courage to do what you did. Thanks for sharing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit