Scabs on our lips!

by Beck_Melbourne 18 Replies latest social physical

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

Want some more? It's enough to make you bring up your boiled potatoes LOL

Beck

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

Thats the most amazing coleslaw Ive ever seen! Its all red and swollen around the outside. split down the middle, and it has those funny white bits in the middle of it. oh. thats your MOUTH. my mistake.

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

Its not my shoulder, and its not my legs, LOL

RF: You can keep that pic and add it to your collection

Beck

• LDH
    LDH

Beck,

That Herpes Simplex A, I believe.

NO NOT THE ONE THAT'S SEXUALLY TRANSMITTED all you jerks/jackasses out there. 40% of the population gets them, I've had them since I was about seven/eight. I went through high school (I used to get one a month---yup---periods can bring them on too) never knowing there was a treatment. I didn't learn that until I managed an OB/GYN office and the Valtrex Pharmaceutical rep saw my HUGE FREAKIN sore and took pity and gave me some freebies, LOL. Now I woulnd't be without that stuff in my medicine cupboard.

It's transmitted by simple contact, so PLEASE do not share your glass etc with your children. Wash your hands frequently.

We once had a woman patient who was diagnosed with Genital Herpes (not the same thing) and she asked the Dr., "Can I still share my washcloth with my kids?" We were like, WHO THE FREAK shares their washcloth with their kid when they DON'T have a transmittable disease???? EWWWWWW [:?]

And YES trips to the dentist can bring them on, as can great exposure to sunlight. Once it's broken out there's not much you can do, but the next time before your appointment tell your dentist to write you a script for Valtrex or Zovirax, and take it before and after your visit. I almost never get them now.

If you feel one coming on (prodrome) ice it quick!!!!! until you can take an anti-viral. (valtrex / zovirax)

Here is an overview:

Lisa

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Oh, I NEVER sterile my tool before putting it in a chicks mouth.

Edited by - Elsewhere on 18 September 2002 10:37:30

• LDH
    LDH

Oh, not to worry Elsewhere!

Once your tool hasn't been used for a while ( a year or so), it's automatically sterile.

LOLOL!!!!!

Lisa

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

Thanks Lisa for the info...I knew it was a type of herpes...it wasn't until I'd posted this that I realised I just told everyone I have herpes LOL.

Don't worry, I won't be sharing my wash cloth with anyone, in fact I don't like sharing full stop LOL...even with my own kids. I have drummed it into them not to drink from other kids drink bottles, or to take a bite out of their apples. My son still defies me on this one, as he thinks only geeks are ultra fussy like me, I just tell him that I'd rather be alive and geekie then a menigitis riddled cool dude.

I also use zovirax but I ran out. The only time I get them is when I'm really stressed or run down...the last time was when I went back to visit my dad after he'd been diagnosed with cancer...and so I spent a week with him before he died...very sad and stressful and wouldn't you know it....a great big scab for all my trouble

Beck

of the weepie scab class (eww)

• LDH
    LDH

Yeah, Beck, but the "herpes" you have is about as common as the common cold.

It is NOT I repeat NOT genital herpes and feel free to kick anyone's ass that suggests that it is, mmmkay???

I also didn't realize until a couple of years ago (one of my old fillings fell out and I had to get it replaced, it cracked, blah blah blah, that dentistry can bring them on.

Like I said, I got them when I was around seven or eight. My daughter also has two best friends who are twelve and have had them since I moved here, 6 years ago. I constantly remind them if they touch their mouth, to wash their hands immediately.

Also two years ago my dentist told me new protocol was to prescribe Valtrex, a faster working stronger type of Acyclovir.

By the way, I may just start a thread on all the STUPID things I witnessed when working for an OB/GYN. You would be shocked, believe me.

What is "sharing full stop?"

Lisa

Lisa

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

LOL@sharing full stop

Must only be down under. LOL

The words "full stop" is said at the end of a sentence to emphasise the discussion is over and is not up for debate, not now nor in the future, like an exclamation mark only with more emphasis on the finale.

It is only effective when it is said, not so much when it is written. Sometimes my slang combined with ignorance gets the better of me and I make absolutely no sense to anyone else but me LOLOL.

I am going to check out Valtrex on my way home. The thought of having this hideous thing for a week sh*ts me.

Beck

ps...sh*ts me = annoys me LOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit