I Know A Lot Of DUMB ELDERS

by minimus 23 Replies latest jw friends

• ugg
    ugg

omg!!!!!!!! this is just toooooooo funny........hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahha

• jozb5
    jozb5

I have 2 uncles and a cousin (by marriage on my mom's side) who are elders and sad to say they are not the brightest of the bunch, esp my mom's cousin. When I heard he was made an elder I just shook my head in disbelief and thought that the org must really be hard up for elders.

Josie

• blondie
    blondie

Elder categories

1. Bible-Based Elder (rare because few elders read or read the Bible)

2. Elder's Book--BOE letters (the real "bible") Elder (not as rare but still not many because few elders read anything except the sports page)

3. "Call NY" elder (doesn't bother reading elder book, BOE letters or Bible...wants it straight from the slave's mouth because that person outvotes the elders using the Bible, the elder's book or the BOE letters)

4. "Call a special friend at the Service Desk" elder (makes sure the slave's answer supports his viewpoint)

5. "I'm close buddies with the CO/DO and he says" elder (contributes much monetarily to the CO/DO)

I could go on, but except for the first category, no one does any research using the WT publications let alone the Bible. No thinking is required or wanted. Too many elders are looking for a "rule" so that don't have to think or reason on it. Someday the WTS is going to come out with a more comprehensive elder's book and it will be named "The Elders' Comprehensive Talmud for Pharisees in Training."

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

Another reason why I never wanted to be elder is because my IQ was too high to be one. Although that is not too hard considering you only needed an IQ of a french fry.

Will

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit