I Know A Lot Of DUMB ELDERS

by minimus 23 Replies latest jw friends

• WildTurkey
    WildTurkey

At one Elders meeting, one elder was concerned about getting Aids in the baptism pool (he had the wonderful privilege of dunking all the newly brain washed ones) Well one of our bright elder suggested he wear a condom while he was baptizing, the elder responded that he was afraid it would come off and float to the top. And these are the best men Jehovah can come up with to oversee his flock!

• minimus
    minimus

WILD TURKEY, that was soo funny!

• HoChiMin
    HoChiMin

Minimus;

Re: I Know A Lot Of DUMB ELDERS

It takes one to know one. ( I just love that clich' )

Aren't you glad your no longer an elder? Now you can fornicate all you want and not get deleted. HAHAHAHAHAH

HCM

• jack2
    jack2

I've seen many elders struggle to give even a half-decent talk. While I realize that not all people have talent as public speakers, many of these guys are really a joke and do nothing more than make fools of themselves. And yet these are the guys you're expected to go to to have your sensitive issues handled.

Fact is, a lot of jws stay away from certain elders when such issues arise. I have heard several people say 'I'd never go to that elder if I needed help'.

• minimus
    minimus

hi HO, I am sure YOU are quite happy no longer being an elder. At least you weren't a dumb elder,huh?. How about a dumb ex-elder?

• metatron
    metatron

Baptismal candidates with AIDS are baptised last, after others, to avoid controversy.
    I thought this was common knowledge (I know first hand - in handling a case
    of a sister who had it and was baptised).

As to dumb elders, God Yes, the organization is full of them. What would you expect
    from years of dumbed down Watchtowers and inhibiting college and solid thinking
    abilities?

More than that, I was impressed with how dumb members of the governing body were.
    I thought this was proof of holy spirit since they seemed too simple minded to run
    such a successful organization! (I'm not kidding, that's how I looked at it for years!)
    Little did I know how much was covered up.
    Poor Gangas, he was always trying to look smart, with his 'out of the blue' Bible
    questions, he'd hit you with at lunch or in an elevator.

metatron

• QUEENIE
    QUEENIE

THEN what you are saying is you can count on one hand the amount of intelligent elders you have met--right?? WHEN dumb elders leave the organization do they wize up at all??? INQUIRING MINDS NEED TO KNOW...QUEENIE

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Queenie,

Ever heard of "putting on the new personality"???

Cheers, Ozzie

• minimus
    minimus

Many elders smarten up over time. But if you're a dumb person.....chances are you'll be that way for a while.

• Analysis
    Analysis

Keep in mind that some Elders are rather intelligent. Somebody in the organization has to have some level of intelligence, or how else can you explain their vast financial holdings. How do they buy land and build Assembly Halls, Branch Offices and Kingdom Halls? For that matter it takes some level of intelligence to print the magazines.

They just choose to believe that they have the truth. They then do some pretty silly things based on this belief.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit