The Sydney BBQ report

by OlderTom 11 Replies latest jw friends

• thinkers wife
    thinkers wife

I am so happy that all of you were able to get together. What a great validation for everyone. But I must admit I am a little envious! Wish all of us from everywhere could get together. What is the recipe for mud cake? Sounds wonderful and chocolaty (new word)
    TW

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Well, you guys got home quick! I guess I had a long ways to travel, eh? Do you know we got the remains of the cab sav home without a spill! Boy, that's a first, taking home some wine!!! Must've kept it away from unc, eh? Watyareckon?

Anyhow, what a great idea it was to gather around a good old aussie barbie. A few surprises today, perhaps, but a very happy occasion with much sympatico (is that how you spell it?) Mrs Ozzie was telling me what great fun she had. At least I think it was the BBQ she was talking about; I'm sure it wasn't the Service Meeting she was referring to!

What stands out for me was the destructive actions of individual elders who have caused shipwreck to the faith of so many. Experience after experience heard today showed the same thing. The Society has developed a class of men who rule with Pharisaical methods and without the love of Christ. So to those lurking here who may have had a bad experience with elders, please take this encouragement to you: you are not alone. To many people the borg has become an evil empire ruled by those like the advisers to King Rehoboam. He chose the younger elders with their harsh remedies to the advisers to his father, King Solomon. You may also be encouraged by others who have progressed on life's path, and found, in many cases, a very personal faith and reliance on Jehovah.

Thanks, Older Tom and all you guys who were there today for the happy time we had.

Looking forward to the next time. Do you think Crocodile Dundee will re-appear?
    Til the next time.

Cheers,

Ozzie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit