The Sydney BBQ report

by OlderTom 11 Replies latest jw friends

• OlderTom
    OlderTom

Well folks I just came from the Sydney BBQ. It was good to meet some of the faces behind the names of the posters here..

It was funny every time another car rolled up one of us jumped up to show the security keys, I felt like a bit of a goose but it worked. No uninvited elders showed up.

There was heaps of food and the chocolate mud cake was delicious. I'm sure it must have been a sin to eat it but then again who is going to report me to the elders.

Jehovah certainly blessed us by keeping the rain away during our afternoon together.

We talked about the good ol times as witnesses and I was surpriced at the number of and the names of many witnesses who came to learn of the REAL truth. I know that some of you are lurking and wish there was some way we could get together. I know what you are going through as I have gone through it and survived and have a better life now that I am free from Watchtower slavery. A good friend of mine whith whoom we shared a meal some 5 years ago I know is lurking I wish he would email me on [email protected], how about it Al? Another looked after some property of mine for a week or so around the same time is also lurking I wish he would e-mail me too. Such friends living close to me but how can we get together? Why should we fear the Watchtower, they have no authority over us.

I was surpriced that none of us so called apostates had grown devils horns, are doing drugs and flying around on brooms. They were all just nice ordinary decent people, much more loving and caring than what we used to associate with at the Kingdoom hall.

We all had so much fun and it was hard to leave and go home again. We decided to do it all again soon. Stay tuned for the next BBQ and hopefully we will see some more of our old friends who have seen the light but are afraid of being found out. It was perfectly safe folks, no need to fear anyone.

The elders are far too busy working on damage control for the Society. They have no time to go chasing a few strayed sheep.

• Prisca
    Prisca

Well, I think Older Tom deserves a medal for organising this event - or at least another slice of chocolate mud cake!

It was a great day - it was in a quiet bbq area, the weather was just right, and the company was great.

It is a good experience to meet others who have been through similar circumstances. You can talk and share experiences, knowing that they understand your feelings. I thought it was a bit like meeting on this DB, only you see the faces and voices behind the names.

We had plenty of food, laughs and interesting conversation.

As OlderTom said, we're organising another one in 2 mths' time, so any that were thinking of coming today are most welcome to come to our next one. Plus any of any who like the sound of it, please join us.

• OlderTom
    OlderTom

Boy you didn't waste any time getting onto the compfuser. Any chocolate mud cake left? Just as well we ran out of coffee or I would have finished the rest of it of for you. Have you tried the chat thingy? you want to try it? Have you got ICQ? don't post the number if you have.

• neyank
    neyank

Hi OlderTom,
    Ah man, you mean the BBQ is over?
    I was getting my row boat ready to row across the big pond.
    Oh well. Maybe next time.

Tom, you asked a question that I have also been asking.
    Why should we fear the Watchtower? They have no authority over us.
    You are absolutely correct.
    The only power they have is the power we give them.

Now, if I start rowing now, I should be in Australia by the year 2005.
    What do you think?
    neyank

• hippikon
    hippikon

Glad to hear the report - Will definatly be at the next one

• OlderTom
    OlderTom

Maybe you need a little outbird motor. We'll keep a couple of snags on the plate for ya mate, maybe even a shrip or two, we call'em prawns. Ever seen an Aussie tiger prawn? A couple of those and your full.

• Prisca
    Prisca

OT - check my profile, it show have a key where you can icq me - otherwise email me and i'll send it to you.

• OlderTom
    OlderTom

I removed my ICQ from my computer. Did I tell you why? It represents a serious security risk to your computer. I also run a firewall.
    I hope you have at least turned off printer and filesharing in your network settings.

We can always use chat here if we need it or the telephone.

• ZazuWitts
    ZazuWitts

Hello all you Aussies,

Just wanted to say I'm glad you all had a great time. Love, Zazu :) :)

• Prisca
    Prisca

Thanks Zazu we did!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit