Bradenton,Sarasota FL/Yerington NV/Rifle, Co

by LFitzwater 12 Replies latest jw experiences

• LFitzwater
    LFitzwater

My name is Laurie Fitzwater (formerly Gendreau). I was raised in FL and lived in Bradenton. I know a lot of people from Sarasota as well. I have also lived in Yerington, NV, Ft worth TX, Hariman, TN and currently am in Rifle, CO. I would love to speak to anyone from these places. Maybe we have mutual friends.

Laurie Fitzwater

• Alana
    Alana

Did you, by any chance, know any of the Cook's in Sarasota? Ken & Sharon Cook and their kids, Kirk & Paige. They used to live up in Champaign IL and back many years ago they and several other families from their congregation moved to the Sarasota area....in fact, we jokingly called Sarasota the "Champaign SOUTH congregation".

I was in Rifle, CO, back around 1978.....with my friend to visit her grandparents. We attended the meetings while we were there. The main thing I remember is how beautiful it was in the mountains.

:-)

• ARoarer
    ARoarer

Hi Laurie, you know my family there. They are not speaking with us, because we exposed my father-in-law's pedophilia.

• abbagail
    abbagail

Hi Laurie: I didn't realize you now lived out West. I was thinking you were still on the west coast of Florida. I haven't seen that name, RIFLE, COLORADO, in a LONG time! Aspen was where I first learned the "truth" ('77) and began studying in '79. The only connection I ever had with Rifle, CO, was typesetting and pasting-up their weekly newspaper (years '77-78-79). I worked at The Aspen Times but the boss (back then) also owned The Rifle Telegram newspaper, but the Rifle Telegram had no local production facility, so they had to bring their stories, classified and display ads up to the Aspen Times every Tuesday morning and then we put together their paper for them, all in one day, from start to finish (from typesetting to paste-up to printing). Then they went back home with their finished papers that night, and we were always glad to be rid of them as there was somewhat of a "rival war" between the two groups, for some reason I don't even remember why.

Hey, Enjoy Life in the Beautiful ROCKIES!!!

GRITS

Edited by - Grits on 18 September 2002 3:2:41

• anyavnclv
    anyavnclv

I live in Sarasota but I just moved back to florida a few years ago. I have lived in Georgia and California.

Any

• safe4kids
    safe4kids

Hey Laurie,

It was nice meeting and marching with you on Friday. I was raised in Lakeland and currently live near Tampa. I'm sure that there were folks from Bradenton that I met during those years as JW b/c I think there were times when we may have attended some of the same conventions, etc. As for remembering names, I can't think of any off the top of my head but I would probably recognize them if I heard them (hey, the memory isn't what it used to be! LOL)

Dana

• endoftheline
    endoftheline

When were you in FL? I have family that has been in the Brad area forever: the Simons (Wendi/Paul/Derek & Paul's parents). Last time I was there was ~5 years ago to bury Derek after he jumped off of that suspension bridge heading into Tampa....another borg casuality....long story. I used to go there every December (Xmas I call it now), and spent countless summers in one of the congs there.

• wildfire
    wildfire

HI BUDDY THIS IS YOUR FRIEND,,,,,,, THAT USED TOLIVE IN BRADENTON,,,,,, yrs of 86--93------i remember going to plant city for assemblies...... i also remember the chaos in the many halls in the area .......I WAS divorced there in 90,,,,,, my annointed annoying poor excuse of a husband.... was found out there.. and df ,,,,,, i have 5 children only one in the trooth..... now i live in sunny ndak ....hahaha dont ya believe it nice to see you here call me sometime ms laurie love ya loads ..... dont be a stranger

• back2dafront
    back2dafront

Hi,

I had some friends that moved to Bradenton for a few years from Connecticut. The Talarino's - really REALLY cool family.

Ring any bells? I have no idea what part of Bradenton....but this was back in the late 80's early 90's i believe..

-jason

• wildfire
    wildfire

YES THE BELLS ARE GOING OFF KKKKK i remember a family named talarino wa s the dad an elder andi think he had a son who was a friend ofmy son ...... that was like in 92 that is too way cool ...... we moved to ndak in 93...... but yes i do member them

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit