Metro-pioneers

by oppostate 9 Replies latest social humour

• oppostate
    oppostate

Found this video on YouTube about Metro-pioneers.

Watch Out! Tight Pants Exiting the KH!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldb0OQPcuPE

https://youtu.be/ldb0OQPcuPE

• oppostate
    oppostate

Were you ever one of those cocky hipster pioneers? I know I was. I was on top of the world,

One summery service day, I remember back then, making a goal to see how many townships we could go to while technically still keeping the pioneer clock moving.

We counted stops to 9 different towns calling on 9 different return visits who thankfully were mostly not at home so we could leave a tract and rush on to the next one. The elders found out, my best bud had bragged about it and spilled the beans to his gal and we were called to the back room for a good running down.

Countless silly days like that were spent accomplishing not much but definitely having fun with our pio-chums.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Love the video!!!
  • Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Ha ha metro pioneers - I am gonna wright it for the 1st time. LOL LOL LOL
  • oppostate
    oppostate

How many young folks will be taken aside and spoken to about their trendy suits, whispered about by the older sisters, past over for "privileges" and stopped from "reaching out" because they dared wear tailored, well fitting suits instead of the ones on sale, off the rack at JCPenny?

How many will be made to feel "not good enough" due to Anthony Morris "the 3rd's" hardly appropriate comments to a worldwide audience?

Is there any way to be truly happy as a young person while being in this cult?

• oppostate
    oppostate

It seems that in Japan, Anthony Morris III's talk against tight pants was not translated accurately or forcefully enough.

friends at a regional convention in Chiba, Japan. Photo shared by @chatoraoi

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

I've seen (and worn) some tight pants in my day. My (non JW) Dad used to jokingly say to my brother and I "Hope you guys don't fart...you'll blow your shoes off ! "

The pink socks don't exactly scream "man of God" but none of these guys looked inappropriate to me . When you're young and you look nice, there will always be some jealous person who will find fault. ( Who grew up as a JW and didn't have that happen a time or two ?? )

• Sail Away
    Sail Away

Thanks to all of you! I needed some comic relief today! Rolling

• blondie
    blondie
    I see the thin legged suits at work and these are not even close. Pink socks and at the ankle pants are something again...but then you can't tell from a picture what there status is in the congregation.
  • cattails
    cattails

Cute brothers in the video! Loved the background music and the slomo effect! kkkkkkk

I think that if a brother is in shape a nice fitting suit is quite flattering. Why should they wear a suit that is ill fitting and too baggy? (Then again what do I know, right? I like wearing Spanx! Take that Anthony Morris !!!).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit