M.T.S. Brothers

by Black Man 23 Replies latest jw friends

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

My ex- brother in law went to MTS school. He sold his car before he left thinking he would get a foreign assignment. He got his assignment.....right back to the kingdom hall in Texas he had come from. At first he was perplexed. He was really smart and had an excellent reputation, and was probably the best speaker in the circuit. Then he found out through the Bethel grapvevine that the MTS school had a 90 percent failure rate. He would never get an assignment, but the leadership would never tell him that. Once he heard that, he said "I've been shafted by The Society."

I met a brother who was in the very first MTS class from San Antonio, Texas. He came back and was unhappy he had gotten assigned to Taiwan or Thailand or some foreign country. In the interim, he had met a nice girl and had fallen in love and didn't know what to do. I told him that the pioneer work would always be there, but you don't meet Mrs. Right every day. Go ahead and marry her.

So he skipped out on his assignment and moved to California and married the pretty sister. Heh, heh.

• Satanus
    Satanus

I'm surprised they don't df these mts failures.

SS

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

The reason for the failures is they take these poor naive guys and throw them out in the middle of a strange land with almost no support, they are isolated, barely know the language, many times get sick from the local bugs. Poorly thought out strategy on the part of the Watchtower GB member Schroeder.

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

In one of the congo's I was in, a sister's brother went to M.T.S. he ended up in Lyberia, killed in the cival war there. So there is not always a happy ending to that great privilege.

• Black Man
    Black Man

Another interesting thing about MTS was that brothers that went through it were STRONGLY ENCOURAGED to remain single for at least 2 years after completion of the course. As one brother at the house used to say "they're the Society's property for those 2 years." I heard of quite a few getting married before this 2-year stipulation was up and as a result forfeiting any potential assignments.

Also, I believe the whole thing is/was Jaracz's baby with cats like DO's Illingworth, Hinderer, Charles Jackson, Goff and a few others serving as teachers for it.

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

Black Dude,

that's what happened to my ex brother in law. He was pissed off that the MTS was tanking and they hadn't told him a darn thing, but he was a Society man. So he remained single for the two years and then married.

• Black Man
    Black Man

When the Society sends them back to their old hall, the M.T.S. brothers STILL get discouraged, because here they have received all this so-called training and STILL they have to go back and keep doing the same thing that they've been doing all along......another case of WTS not knowing what to do with people's lives.

• Black Man
    Black Man

up............

• NotBlind
    NotBlind

And nobody wants to go to MTS, at least not many...

A friend of mine who still goes to the assembly went to the MTS meeting at the last CA. He said he was the only guy there. I guess there aren't that many single bro's around by age 23, at least not any that want to stay single for 2 more years.

• Black Man
    Black Man

up.......................

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit