BBC Radio 4. The Report. ''Jehovah's Witnesses and Child Sexual Abuse''. Thursday 9th July 8pm.

by ThomasCovenant 17 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

1Averagejoe: Perhaps knowledge of this upcoming broadcast has added heat to the GB concerning their history of mishandling child abuse cases, as noted in Morris' address in trying to wash their hands clean.

I believe you are right.

This broad cast, plus the public hearing of Australia's Royal Commission later this month into Watchtowers child molesting issues (July 27), coupled with the negative public attention already out there from the Conti and Lopez cases, and the recent UK High Court judgement, all cases lost by Watchtower, has got the GB in self-defense mode.

They are trying to stave off any more damage by attempting to get in front of these two broadcasts that will expose their child molesting policies, but it's too late. Anthony Morris, by making an announcement in the JW TV broadcast, is simply informing Jehovah's Witnesses who were previously unaware of the problem.

They have boxed themselves into a corner. They can't keep quite any longer because public attention is growing and demands a response, but they can't speak out without exposing themselves to their members, plus any public statements they make will be nothing more than lame excuses, which will draw even more criticism and scrutiny to Watchtower.

The Governing Body is right where it deserves to be on this - between a rock and a hard place !!!

More on the Royal Commission investigation July 27...

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/357050009/royal-commission-into-institutional-child-abuse-australia

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

I don't want to be a wet blanket but this show doesn't appear on tonights Radio 4 schedule; http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/programmes/schedules/2015/07/09

• username
    username
    I've just had a look myself, it does look like it has been pulled from the schedule in favour of the Greece crisis! I do hope it is rescheduled, preferable on a night most JW's are not (in the UK) at the KH!
  • 1Averagejoe
    1Averagejoe

Thanks ScenicViewer for the extra info.

Lol. Left the meetings right after the congregation bible study in hopes to hear the anticipated broadcast, didnt know they had rescheduled it. Please keep us posted. I would love a download link it if possible.

• zeb
    zeb
    Broadcast not available on the " i-view". I have em the BBC asking for it to be made available.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

ScenicViewer - "This broad cast, plus the public hearing of Australia's Royal Commission later this month into Watchtowers child molesting issues (July 27), coupled with the negative public attention already out there from the Conti and Lopez cases, and the recent UK High Court judgement, all cases lost by Watchtower, has got the GB in self-defense mode."

Barb Anderson tried to warn them about this for years before they finally gave her the boot.

IMO, it's the height of irony that the predictions of a former member of an apocalyptic religion are coming true, whilst said apocalyptic religion has the worst track record in recent history for failed predictions.

• LeeT
    LeeT
    This programme is now scheduled for broadcast on Thurs 23rd July at 8pm on BBC Radio 4.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0612hjs

• Island Man
    Island Man
    Why does the program keep getting pushed back? Could it be that Watchtower is the cause? Maybe they keep setting a date for an interview and each time they cancel and reschedule as a stalling tactic?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit