Royal Commission into Institutional Child abuse in Australia.

by zeb 16 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• zeb
    zeb

Public hearing into the Jehovah’s Witnesses

22 June, 2015

The Royal Commission will hold a public hearing in Sydney commencing on 27 July 2015 at 10:00am.

The scope and purpose of the public hearing is to inquire into:

1. The experience of survivors of child sexual abuse within the Jehovah’s Witnesses Church in Australia.

2. The responses of the Jehovah’s Witnesses Church and the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of Australia Ltd to allegations, reports or complaints of child sexual abuse within the Church.

3. The systems, policies and procedures in place within the Jehovah’s Witnesses Church and the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of Australia Ltd for raising and responding to allegations of or concerns about child sexual abuse within the Church.

4. The systems, policies and procedures in place within the Jehovah’s Witnesses Church and the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of Australia Ltd to prevent child sexual abuse within the Church.

5. Any related matters.

Any person or institution who believes that they have a direct and substantial interest in the scope and purpose of the public hearing is invited to lodge a written application for leave to appear at the public hearing by 10 July 2015.

Applications for leave to appear should be made using the form available on the Royal Commission website.

The form and the submission should be lodged with the Royal Commission via: Email: [email protected]; or Mail: GPO Box 5283, Sydney NSW 2001.

The public hearing will be streamed live to the public via webcast on the Royal Commission’s website.

scroll to top

Public hearing into out-of-home care to resume

The Royal Commission will resume its public hearing in Sydney from Monday 29 June 2015 at 10:00am. The hearing is currently scheduled to run for one week.

June 24

The time mentioned is Eastern Standard time for Australia.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower
    I wonder if any long time servants of this corporation can testify to how they used them for free labor had them claim a vow of poverty then when they got older they were just thrown to the curb without a decent compensation for all their many years of hard work. What stench that would leave in the Royal Commission's nostrils.
  • possum
    possum
    My daughter and I have both put in submissions in person and online. When my daughter traveled to Sydney to testify in person they informed her that the person they where to interview after her was 80 years old. From what I have been told by the investigating officer I was interviewed by they are shocked and the amount of submissions and extent of abuse within Jehovahs witness. (Really Shocked!!)
  • Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower
    Enlightenment is a real bitch for delusional misbehaving/cruel Governing Body these days My how the word gets around about these cruel religious fanatics thanks to the internet.
  • possum
    possum
    I have posted before my Mantra quoting Justice Louis D. Brandeis Assoc Justice of US supreme court "Publicity is justly commended as a remedy for social and industrial diseases. Sunlight is said to be the best of disinfectants; electric light the most efficient policeman." The all powerful male governing bodies distorted version of religion is a disease that causes real social, emotional, physical and mental harm not only to its it poor brainwashed victims ( I was) but to society as a whole as they are just parasites that don't contribute in any meaningful way to the very communities they live in other than piously and dutifully preaching door to door ( a very hard thing to do for lots of witnesses most with minimal education, fragile mental health and low self esteem).
  • Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

Agreed!

I don't see how especially with all these lawsuits on the books charging this corporation with cruelty toward its members how they can ever keep their status or regain it for that matter society is waking up to these quacks called the Governing Body.

• possum
    possum
    All snake oil sellers eventually get chased out of town by the sheriff!
  • Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower
    This is just the beginning next the entire world community as news spreads.
  • truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

Let's hope this gets some major exposure. It's time for the GB to be worried, I truly believe they know their days of hiding behind religious freedoms when it comes to these crimes are numbered. At least I hope they are!!

• possum
    possum
    In the Australian context information gathered by a Royal Commission is of the highest standard and very respected as well as widely published. When making my submission I was treated in a very respectful and professional manner with counselling offered at he end of the session. It is so stressful to speak publicly about former JW family members and friends but quoting US Judge Brandeis again " “Fear of serious injury alone cannot justify oppression of free speech and assembly. Men feared witches and burnt women. It is the function of speech to free men from the bondage of irrational fears.”

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit