Okay here goes....My Story. Long but true.

by Lin 28 Replies latest jw experiences

• capbuster
    capbuster

Lin, how my heart goes out to you. You said you were praying, and I'm happy for you there. Keep praying to Jesus for your strength to get through this. He will never forsake you.

Capbuster

• carol hall
    carol hall

Hi Lin,

I read every word of your Story and was really moved by.

It brought back so many memories.

I remember when my grandma talked my Aunt into divorceing Her husband because He was`nt a jw`s.

My Aunt told me not to long ago she still loved Him.

That is so sad, is`nt it?

Lin, I want to tell you how much I appericate you and the links you have given me.

The Bible say you know when you born of God you Love, because God is Love.

I believe you love every one, you have shown it.

Remember on Silentlamb where it says.

People may not believe every thing you say but will believe every thing you do.

Love Yah Girl !

Carol

Cumberland, Ky.

Harlan co.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Lin,

You told your story very well and you should be proud of your self that you survived that religon and family. Jehovah's Witnesses are tough on people, but even moreso on women. While I was reading your story I thought of something one of my therapists said to me when describing an event from her childhood: "Even the walls cried." I've known your family for years and I can believe every word you've written. It says a lot about that organization that this family is held up as an example for others to follow. I am sorry you had to go through what you did. You did not deserve any of the things you went through.

Love,

Chris

• Sam Beli
    Sam Beli

Lin, thank you for sharing your story with us. You deserve all of the freedom and happiness that it is possible to have come your way. I sure hope that your fiance will always treat you with the dignity and respect that you deserve.

Warm regards,

Sam

• Cyn
    Cyn

Dear Lin,

I do not believe that you will see this reply as it is a but late but I hope you will...

I am new here and my story is long and painful....filled with emotional /mental spiritual violations ( I often wondered abt molestation I have a FEELINg but no memory..

I DO want to tell you that you are EXTREMELY strong and you wrote your story so powerfully and so well that it attets to the strength of mind/ heart and spirit that you have.....

I was raised by a patriachial father AND mother ..I did not have the severity but I also cam relare to the " what did YOU do to deserve this" I am over 4o and it is STILL going on with me verbally abusive brothers....

perhaps you can consider that although you were raised ina lie and the entire family was in it..

I walked into it.....BELIEVING t( after much prayer and many yrs of depressions and seeking ) THAT GOD LED ME THERE!!!!!!! so it is I am having trouble trusting myself....not to mention the JWS train ppl to not trust thier own perceptions......... I not think " I walkwed inot this MAJOR PART OF MY LIFE!.....................what else can I be wrong about.......

my perceptions have been pretty keen it was JUST that I did not trust ME .. and even while in the org part of me KNEW but I was so depressed and confused that I ALSO thought rthe devil was making me think things....

I never married I have no REAL support ........How I wish I would find the RIGHT man....or he I.... I waited it never happened....

I thank you for your wonderfully written testimony.....inbetween the lines I see rays of light and hope....

Cynthia

• Lin
    Lin

I would like to thank everyone that replied to my story. I also want to let you all know that these things from my childhood no longer haunt or torment me in any real sense, nor does the abuse from my previous marriage. I've moved on from that, and accept the loss of my family. The things I went through, which I certainly only highlighted in my story, otherwise it would have become a book! LOL But, I know that I am a very strong woman, how else could I have survived my past and been able to move on. The abuse I suffered is in the past, but my future is bright and beautiful. I decided to tell my story for anyone here who could relate from their own experiences knowing they are not alone. But, also for the newbies here and the current jw's to have one more life story to help open their eyes to what they are living. If there is just one person, just one, who'se eyes will be opened to the travesty the org is, than it will have been well worth the time it took to write it all out.

This was all brought up because I felt it was important for my fiance' to know me, really know me. Know my past and sufferings, to know where I came from, the things I experienced, and for him to really know me. I felt it was the fair and loving thing for me to do. My participation on the Silentlambs board, helping direct anyone who needed comfort, support, someone to relate to, direction to information about the jw's, a shoulder to cry on, links to pages to open blinded eyes, has meant alot to me. Anyone who emails me, I will reply to and help in any way I can. But, my personal participation in the "cause" will soon have to end, on Sept 27th. On September 22nd, several of us will spend that morning handing out flyers to passersby on a busy intersection, to help bring up the publics awareness that even their own children are put at risk while jw pedophiles are knocking on their door. Perhaps, while the parents aren't even home. On September 27th, I will also participate in putting lambs, at least 50 of them, on Kingdom Hall door steps. That will be my final statement, as I will put my personal lamb I have in my car window on the doorstep of my parents K.H. Then my focus and time and attention must switch to my upcoming wedding and being a good wife to my husband. Even after that day, anyone who emails me will be replied to as I said above. But, I'm moving on with my life, separate and apart from the jw issues and my family. I simply don't want to the spend the rest of my life constantly connected to a lie. On September 27th, I will bid "ado" to all of you here and those on Silentlambs, with a message to email me anytime.

Again, thank you all for your comments.

• Tzu
    Tzu

Thanks for the opportunity to read your story Lin. You are a brave lady and I wish you lots of happiness now for the future. How wonderful we have the Internet these days. People can come onto a site like this and read the *truth* for themselves and make a decision about where they want to be. I'm sure this site is giving many who are still trapped and confused, the opportunity to read the facts and get out of that organisation. I hope so anyway. All the best.

• Dino
    Dino

Hi Lin...

How have you been?

I have been so swamped that I dont know which end is up. I just wanted to add to the sentiments here. I really enjoyed your story that you posted here and emailed to me. Wow, I knew that Mel could be cold but that must have been an awful thing to experience. The one thing a little girl should be able to count on is her father's protective support. Im sorry that you did not receive that.

In looking back on growing up in "the truth" I am simply amazed at how bad my childhood was. The details are horrendous. And all of this while walking among Jehovah's happy people.

Thank you very much for sharing and I will keep in touch.

Dino

• Lin
    Lin

Thanks Carol and Dino. Carol, I'm so glad you registered on this site. As I've said in emails, this is an awesome place. I tell everyone about this site.

Dino, thank you. I know I recently posted that I will be putting my association here to the side and just concentrate on the wedding plans etc, but......Even though I may not post comments on alot of topics, I will still be here checking in and watching things unfold. I will continue to offer assistance to those on Silentlambs who need help, support or local contacts, encouragement etc. I will not disappear from here totally, I'll just be spending more of my energies right now on planning my wedding. Dino, please do keep me updated on your research, enquiring minds wanna know!!! LOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit