GB Permits Texas Two-Step on Kingdom Hall Stage, etc.

by TakeOffTheCrown 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• TakeOffTheCrown
    TakeOffTheCrown

The Governing Body not writing their own articles is on this thread: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/370640004/gb-providing-food-helpers-write-articles?size=10&page=1

But, something more sinister, more serious is taking place in the Congregations. The Governing Body have allowed very disturbing activities to take place in the Kingdom Halls and during the Conventions. There is a video of the brothers doing the Texas two-step on the Kingdom Hall stage; while the sisters are whooping, as if they were watching the Chippendales.

http://rutube.ru/video/6087817e25458c204428b5bcbf02d5b7/

There is also a video of bethelites performing to the song, Happy, by Pharell Williams in Bethel itself. They called it family night. Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Je6_855Ucac

These are just a few of the examples. But, the Governing Body (faithful slave?); the ones taking the lead; they are permitting these activities?

This is beyond belief!

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Chippendales or Magic Microphone guys XXL?

(The sisters wish)

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

No small irony that they were country dancing to "footloose", huh? Remember the movie?

Footloose

By Kenny Loggins

I've been working so hard
    I'm punching my card
    Eight hours for what?
    Oh, tell me what I got
    I've got this feeling
    That time's just holding me down
    I'll hit the ceiling or else
    I'll tear up this town

Now I gotta cut loose
    Footloose, kick off the Sunday shoes
    Please, Louise, pull me off of my knees
    Jack, get back, come on before we crack
    Lose your blues, everybody cut footloose

You're playing so cool, obeying every rule
    Dig a way down in your heart
    You're burning yearning for some
    Somebody to tell you that life ain't passing you by

I'm trying to tell you
    It will if you don't even try
    You'll get by if you'd only

Cut loose, footloose, kick off the Sunday shoes
    Ooh-wee Marie shake it, shake it for me
    Woah, Milo come on, come on let's go
    Lose your blues, everybody cut footloose

You got to turn me around and put your
    Feet on the ground, now take the hold of all
    Ah ah ah ah ah
    I'm turning you loose

Footloose, kick off the Sunday shoes
    Please, Louise, pull me off of my knees
    Jack, get back, come on before we crack
    Lose your blues, everybody cut footloose (footloose)

http://rutube.ru/video/6087817e25458c204428b5bcbf02d5b7/

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    JWdaughter & TakeOffTheCrown, how do you upload a video to rutube? I've tried accessing the site but I either get virus warnings or error 404. Also, do you need to know Russian in order to post?
  • steve2
    steve2

Well, it illustrates above all else, that despite their claims of higher standards, they are just like everyone else in Christendom - AND it takes place in their place of worship.

I don't know what would be considered worse from a "theocratic" point of view: The secular lyrics, the bejeaned brothers' lame two-step on the platform or the sisters' bring-it-on whooping (which would not be out of place at a strip club). I cannot imagine their "Jehovah" or "Jesus" or any of the 144,000 who've made it to Heaven clapping along.

For a religion that plays the "don't-stumble-others" card at every opportunity, it is hard to even imagine the GB ever approving this kind of worldly display in their kingdom hall. Don't get me wrong: There ain't nothin' wrong with having a good time but when you make lofty claims about your form of worship being uniquely different from all other religions - and that your organization alone possesses the truth, more is expected of you.

• JakeM2012
    JakeM2012
    Why didn't they just take the delegates to Billy Bobs in Fort Worth, or the Broken Spoke in Austin. I guess the Kingdom Hall is not so sacred anymore?
  • The_Doctor10
    The_Doctor10

All of them are probably now disfellowshipped lol

JWs are trying their darndest to appear like a normal Christian religion, "Look we can haz fun, we just a normal religion that catches a bad wrap, can we haz your pity... and all your monies?"

• JakeM2012
    JakeM2012

I wanted to make another comment. I remember years ago myself and some other witnesses would play music at some witness gatherings. We got so much grief that we stopped. One brother was offended by the lyrics in "Achie Breaky Heart". " I just want to kill this man" or something like that. At the time it was a very popular song.

We didn't play too loud, we played songs that everyone could sing along with, but there was always some weak conscienced brother or sister, that would get upset. We got tired of being grilled by the elders. So we just stopped playing at the witness gatherings.

But then this is posted on the WWW? Unbelievable where this religion has gone.

• rebel8
    rebel8
    I feel totally stumbled by those rainbow dusters.
  • TakeOffTheCrown
    TakeOffTheCrown

If anyone knows how to upload the video of the brothers doing the Texas two-step on the kingdom hall stage to this forum for Village Idiot and others, I'd appreciate it (if it is allowed). Thanks. http://rutube.ru/video/6087817e25458c204428b5bcbf02d5b7/

I could not locate a copy of it on youtube.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit