I see little good left in WTS

by Amazing 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Tina
    Tina

Hi amazing,
    Great post!!
    Hi Ahah
    I loved your response. I have similar feelings.
    I ;ve always felt religion keeps many in a sort of denial.....the connection is what we make of it,and our lives.
    Once we've put aside myth,superstition,we can honestly face ourselves and our mortality. Once this is faced and accepted,one realizes how important it is to make each day count,hopefully to enrich others as ourselves along the journey.
    We are the universe,its within all of us. Tina

• patio34
    patio34

One possibility is that the ancients invented religion because they didn't understand how anything worked (e.g., lightning, thunder, earthquakes, etc.) so they gave a magical, "god" explanation to it. But today it is understood how much works, so the magical explanation can be discarded.

One book I read on cults likened religion to fairy tales because there is evil, the main character is rather helpless, a mythical fairy godmother-like individual takes care of them--a parent-like figure in a lot of them. The main character does not exact revenge, but someone else does.

Any resemblence the above has to, say, er, the Bible is purely unintentional.

Patio

• Welshman
    Welshman

Hi guys,
    These posts are more moving than you could think.........
    Tina,make each day of life count,do all you can to be happy.....never accept second best.....try to make others smile....don't condemn others....understand others....don't hate others......no regrets.....

Regards Welshman

• Tina
    Tina

Beautiful words of wisdom there Welshy!!! hugs,T

• TheHighPriest
    TheHighPriest

WOW, Amazing you just blew me away that was a great post, thanks.
    I always used to think that God's kingdom was within us and although I am not exactly a christian anymore, I still believe that it is within ourself's that we find God. Another place to find God that I've found is nature, just step outside and enjoy.

THP

• thinkers wife
    thinkers wife

I have one word for all of you!!!! EXCELLENT! I love it when I come on the DB and someone or a group of someone's expresses in beautiful terms exactly how I feel. I have nothing to add, because everyone else expressed it so perfectly already.
    TW

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Amazing,
    I have really neglected your posts. I am so new and overwhelmed this last week-end I’m sorry I did not get to this. You, however, have got a lot of compliments from others.

Lets first say, while I mentioned many things the WTS has done, I added in my first post they have not necessarily done it ‘just so’. I agree with you there is no basis for a ‘central government’ concept of the kingdom. I believe the kingdom of the heavens is just that, not of this earth. God ruled from heavens before a kingship was established on earth, against God’s wishes, and only in imitation of worldly nations around God’s people.
    (1 Sam. 8:4-18) If “government experimentation” is an issue at all it should be to demonstrate that ”man has dominated man to his injury” (Ecclesiastes 8:9) No exceptions, not even for a human run alleged ‘theocracy’. I think the WTS theocracy alone demonstrates this Bible fact.

That’s why I said in that original post that we may not understand what the kingdom is, but to the irritation of the world of mankind, JW’s have been preaching it, putting the issue in front of people. We would probably not be here debating the kingdom – whether or not it is this or that, if it were not for the preaching of Jehovah’s Witnesses. To the Catholics it has come and gone. To the Baptist it is a condition of the heart, which up till now is a pretty defunct kingdom.

You made many good points, but more that I can address. Its late and must work tomorrow. I will try to pay closer attention in the future. Sorry for taking so long Amazing.
    Jst2laws

• dark clouds
    dark clouds

Amazing

Brilliance

Genius

Love it

CHUCK

• gumby
    gumby
    Personally, I believe the Society started out with the Lord's best interest at heart. This can be seen from the early Russell era writings, where Christlikeness was stressed, where Jesus was given worship in both praise and song.

I though that was what most ALL christian religions did/do. Most pastors always start out with a good motive and many keep it that way. Why is Russell given pats on the back because he had good intentions.......so have thousands of others?

Gumby

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit