Comparing JWs to Jews

by CalebInFloroda 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• CalebInFloroda
    CalebInFloroda

Some have asked how my views and convictions have changed over the past 15 years or so after leaving the Watchtower behind to return to my family’s roots and embrace Judaism. The best way to explain things is to allow both the religion of the Watchtower and my life as a Jew today to stand side-by-side for comparison.

While I can’t guarantee this will help prove to others that the Jehovah’s Witnesses are truly a crazy religious group, I am sure it will prove to most that Jews probably are, and are quite aware of it.

JEHOVAH’S WITNESSES:
    Take their religion seriously.

JEWS:
    Love to make fun of their religion.

JEHOVAH’S WITNESSES:
    Jehovah is the true G-d, there is no Trinity, and no worship of idols.

JEWS:
    Jehovah is the true G-d, there is no Trinity, and no worship of idols…unless it’s a celebrity, and the celebrity is Jewish and cute like Adam Levine.

JEHOVAH’S WITNESSES:
    Will not be voting in the next U.S. presidential election due to beliefs regarding neutrality.

JEWS:
    Will not be voting for Jeb Bush in the next U.S. presidential election because last time we Jews took directions from a bush we ended up wandering in the wilderness for 40 years.

JEHOVAH’S WITNESSES:
    Will not celebrate any holidays because they are of pagan origin.

JEWS:
    Will celebrate any holiday generally because they are of pagan origin because Jewish holidays are just a way of saying: “Yea, ____ tried to kill us!”…and that kinda takes the fun out of it if you think too hard.

JEHOVAH’S WITNESSES:
    Gay weddings are a sin.

JEWS:
    Gay weddings are not a sin. It’s the wedding night where you can bet there will be a lot of sinning going on! (Wink, wink.)

JEHOVAH’S WITNESSES:
    Will be happy to share with you what they believe free of charge.

JEWS:
    Will be happy to share with you what they believe, but only in Hebrew. And then they will charge you $300 for Hebrew lessons.

JEHOVAH’S WITNESSES:
    Will never solicit or beg for money. (Except on JW Broadcasting, where it’s not soliciting, it’s just a “timely reminder.”)

JEWS:
    Will never solicit or beg for money. They don’t have to. They were smart enough to charge you $300 for Hebrew lessons (unlike the JWs).

JEHOVAH’S WITNESSES:
    Think they know everything.

JEWS:
    Don’t really care what Jehovah’s Witnesses think.

JEHOVAH’S WITNESSES:
    Come to your door with a message from the Governing Body.

JEWS:
    Drink Manichewitz.

JEHOVAH’S WITNESSES:
    Don’t believe in Hell.

JEWS:
    Experience Hell each time the JWs come to their door.

JEHOVAH’S WITNESSES:
    Think they know more than the Jews about the Hebrew Scriptures.

JEWS:
    Again don’t really care what Jehovah’s Witnesses think.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter
    LOL, so what you are saying is that Jews have a sense of humor.
  • James Mixon
    James Mixon

Very good, LMAO...."we Jews took directions from a bush we ended up wandering

in the wilderness for 40 years".

• oppostate
    oppostate
    CalebInFloroda:
    Jehovah’s Witnesses are truly a crazy religious group, I am sure it will prove to most that Jews probably are, and are quite aware of it.

Talking about crazy religions and rituals, what's an ultra-Orthodox Jewish fellow to do when he finds he's got 2,000 dead chickens due to heat exhaustion and can't be used ritually? Uhh, maybe sell them to a goy for deep frying and chicken soup!?!

"Thousands of chickens designated for the pre-Yom Kippur kapparot ritual died in New York due to unseasonable heat. An estimated 2,000 chickens died in the Brooklyn neighborhood of Borough Park on Wednesday, when temperatures climbed into the mid-90s, the New York Daily News reported."

September 13, 2013)

Photo of an ultra-Orthodox Jewish man participating in a kapparot ritual, in which a chicken is swung over one's head in the belief that one transfers the sins from the past year into the chicken.

• tim3l0rd
    tim3l0rd
    Will not be voting for Jeb Bush in the next U.S. presidential election because last time we Jews took directions from a bush we ended up wandering in the wilderness for 40 years.
    I would have literally LOL'd at this if my wife wasn't sitting on the couch next to me.
  • smiddy
    smiddy

The only difference between Jws and Jews , is, .........wait for it, .........the " e ".

smiddy

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

I always think if jews did proselytize and hence goys were informed real biblical truths (ie satans real role who messiah really is etc )there would be no christianity period.

• respectful_observer
    respectful_observer
    The only difference between Jws and Jews , is, .........wait for it, .........the " e ".

I was once told by a Jewish friend that being a JW is almost as cool as being a Jew...we are only missing the "e" for "exciting".

• CalebInFloroda
    CalebInFloroda

Yeah, I tell people that the main reason I decided to leave the JWs was because I wanted to add the "e." Some people don't get it, but I've questioned if these same people can actually spell.

• Bonsai
    Bonsai

The difference is Jews are kosher. JWs are just wannabe Jews.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit