Awake magazine left in my door

by mrs rocky2 20 Replies latest jw friends

• mrs rocky2
    mrs rocky2

I found an Awake! Magazine tucked in my door when I came home from work last night. I guess weve been away from the KH long enough for only a handful of them to know where we live. They even left a handbill with meeting times inside and one of those tracts asking us if we want to know more about the Bible. Hmmm, I think thats what helped us away from the JWs, learning more about the Bible.

Mrs Rocky

• Lin
    Lin

LOL Mrs. R!

I actually wish jw's would show up at my door, but that's probably not going to happen since I live way out in the country. But I sure wish they would, so I could give them a piece of my mind! Oh wait........what am I saying?!........They had ALL OF MY MIND for 35 friggin years! Therefore, I retract my statement. I would like for them to just show up at my door, so I can see the looks on their faces when I pull the rifle from behind the door and let the two black labs out for a little action! Sic em boys! ;-)

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

one less magazine for some unsuspecting person === one less potential victim

• mrs rocky2
    mrs rocky2

Hi Lin,

Isn't rural life great! I love being miles from nothing.

So I guess I was surprised a little by the magazine because I do live way out in the country. And besides, Rocky's mom has kept our subscription going so that we will keep getting the magazines in the mail for at least another six months. The magazine in my door was one I already had...I only skim them now because they kinda make me nauseous with all the double speak and hypocrisy. I'm not sure that I would answer the door if I knew it was someone from the KH at my door.

Mrs R

• radicalthoughts
    radicalthoughts

the mag's don't come in the mail anymore.....you got to go get them....at a hall i guess...wonder why that is?

• mrs rocky2
    mrs rocky2

Radical Thoughts,

There have been several posts speculating why WT stopped the subs. Some think it is to save money, others believe it is so WT has more control keep the WT out of the hands of apostates. They are continuing to deliver by mail until the subscription expiration date that appears on the magazine mailer cover. Thats why well still get them until March. Rockys mom renewed our subscription last March. They are putting warnings on the mailer in red ink. My second to last Awake had printed on it:

only 1 issue remaining. Subscription service will be discontinued. obtain your personal copy through a congregation of jehovahs witnesses. The last issue says: expired! subscription service will be discontinued. obtain your personal copy through a congregation of jehovahs witnesses.

Mrs R

• garybuss
    garybuss

This spring I was at home alone when a man I didn't know rang the doorbell and handed me an envelope with my wife's name handwritten on the front. He said here is an invitation for your wife.

It was an invitation to the Watch Tower Printing Corporation sponsored memorial meeting. This was a public meeting, she was invited and I was not and this scum bag had the guts to hand it to me. Unfriendly and divisive and rude and the Jehovah's Witnesses don't see one thing wrong with it.

This is just one example of the tactics this group uses to divide families, isolate members (or potential members) and to boldly display it's hostility to spouses they view as unfriendly to them. They have no respect for the marriage they themselves performed nor do they see the family connection above their own agenda. They are evil and a social cancer and they are not to be trusted on any level.

Oh, was the Awake! current? :-)

gb

• mrs rocky2
    mrs rocky2

Nope - not current. August 22. I already have the October 8. But then I think I must be on someone's perpetually 'not at home' list. Not a bad place to be.

Mrs R

• OrbitingTheSun
    OrbitingTheSun

I get visits from time to time because I live outside of my congregation's territory, and the neighboring congregation didn't know who I was. As awkward as their visits are, sometimes I think that the neighboring congregation is slacking LOL. I better not complain though...

• pseudoxristos
    pseudoxristos
    This is just one example of the tactics this group uses to divide families, isolate members (or potential members) and to boldly display it's hostility to spouses they view as unfriendly to them. They have no respect for the marriage they themselves performed nor do they see the family connection above their own agenda. They are evil and a social cancer and they are not to be trusted on any level.

garybuss,

Thanks for pointing this out. I never realized it, but this is exactly what pisses me off the most about JW's. Before I knew what was going on, they came into my home and started a study with my wife and had her convinced that they had the truth . No amount of reasoning would convince her that something was wrong. My opinions or thoughts were no longer welcome. The Watchtower had replaced me and made me the enemy in many areas of our relationship. It has been ten years since this happened, and three years since my divorce, and I am still pissed.

pseudo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit