Has the Governing Body Extorted Authority?

by jst2laws 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Dear Sam,

I agree with what you say except for the part about being too old:

Maybe I am getting too old to make the mental jump you are asking. My point was that I think many anointed have long known that in reality they have never been in the loop

Your right about in reality they have never been in the loop. What Im talking about is the bible based (TM) fantasy on which the WT tries to base their right to authority. At least for about a hundred years the GB tried to connect themselves in a convoluted way to their faithful and discreet slave. Now the GB has no link to what they teach is the slave in control.

However it will probably be as easy as Nathan Natas suggests:

the GB would explain that the Holy Spirit has directed the actions of the GB, and that all true earthly members of the anointed FDS would always be in exact synchrony with the GB, since they're all running under the guidance of the Holy Spirit on Pleiades Standard Time.

Just curious to me that the JWs havent as yet questioned that they are following a group of men who according to their own teachings has no scriptural authority over them.

Thanks for responding Sam. Hope you're doing well.

Jst2laws

• Sam Beli
    Sam Beli

Just, you said: "What Im talking about is the bible based (TM) fantasy on which the WT tries to base their right to authority."

Agreed, and I only add that it has always been a fantasy. You, of course, know that perfectly well. There are/were 500 or so that were voting members of the Society? There are/were 6000 or so anointed, many women? There were many more anointed in earlier years? So, only a fraction of the anointed ever elected the big boys/GB anyway. That assumes that all of the voting members were of the anointed. However, I learned to my nave surprise as a kid that not all of the voting members claimed to be of the anointed class (TM). How many JW ladies who claimed to be of the anointed do you suppose got to elect the directors and GB members? It always seemed contradictory to me as an active JW that the ladies could have no roll on earth, even at the local level, but would have a huge roll at the side of Jesus in heaven.

I think we agree completely. I just wanted to emphasize that it has always been that way. The FDS/GB teaching has always been a crock of baloney. With these latest changes the discrepancies have gotten even more glaring, I suppose. Ah, now I see your point.

Btw, thanks for inquiring of me. Im doing fine. Hope that you and your wife are finding peace and contentment.

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

Don't remember where, but I read somewhere that Frederick Franz was asked the question how an elderly sister living in the middle of Nowhere could support the Faithful Slave to whom she belonged, how she could give its representative, the Governing Body, input, and the reply was: "By supporting and actively promoting the views of the Watchtower."

I knew two old sisters of the remnant, they were extremely nice women and gave me many old books and brochures etc., and told about brother Russell. His portrait, one yard by one yard big, was hanging on the main wall of the living room. They showed me the Daily Heavenly Manna, sang me the psalms they had sung in the 1920s etc. Very lovely women. But they did not have input or communicatio with the organization as it now was, apart from being told about in the Yearbook story of that country, and then it was about what they had done in the 1920s and so. As iof they were parked when they reached 50, and as if their role had been to distribute what Russell and Rutherford had prepared for them to distribute.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit