Kingdom Hall thinning out?

by OrangeBlossom 21 Replies latest jw friends

• hippikon
    hippikon

We've had a lot of families move out which has left some empty chairs. In the old days though new families seemed to move in to take there place. Not now though. We probably lost 20% in the last two years

• waiting
    waiting

I'm in South Carolina. The black&white (yes, we're intergrated for decades now) congregations are stagnent in growth and attendance for the most part.

However, the Spanish congregations are booming. They've just renovated a KH to allow for more growth. An elder I know (very nice) is now overseeing the Spanish cong. From what I hear - lots of Spanish congregations are growing rapidly.

Oh well.

waiting

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hi everybody,

the news we are getting in Europe are:
    attendace below 25-35%;
    youngs one once they reach late teens
    they leave...very little motivation.
    So it's the same everywhere!

Agape, J.C.MacHislopp

• hippikon
    hippikon

Seems mostly in the western countries. (Those with good internet access?)

By the way - how do you get into the chat room

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hi,

I almost forgot: many times, the missing
    ones were 50% of the "supposed attendace"!
    One recent news I received from a friend,
    is about Italy. In these early months of
    2001, they had a drop of over 2000 publ.!
    Whenever I get more news, I'post them.

Agape, J.C.MacHislopp

• Gopher
    Gopher

Hippikon:

To get into the chat room, just click on the words "Live Chat:" at the top of this screen.

• hippikon
    hippikon

no joy - Do I need another pasword or logon name

All I get is

Intrusion Attempt Detected...Access Denied

Any help would be great

• larc
    larc

Earlier, I started a thread called "JW decline" where I summarized some overall statistics. You can find it by going to search at the top of the page and puting the word "decline". The JWs have showed no growth or decline in 22 major countries over the past two years. They are only growing in third world countries. Their overall growth rate is only one half of one per cent higher than population growth. You can see more detials if you go to the thread that I mentioned.

• waiting
    waiting

hey larc,

I agree fully with the overall decline in major countries, which I would also assume are industrialized countries.

In our area of the south (and I know the midwest usa has many also) there are many migrant workers, particularily Spanish. We also have many American Indian farm workers.

The growth is fast in these areas. As some have pointed out before - the WTBTS seems to be spearheading growth to poorer countries and it working. Major influx. Some have speculated that these persons, as a group, will not have computers, schooling, etc., that industrialized countries have for at least another generation.

Thus the assurance that the WTBTS will continue to grow - just not where they have traditionally been. But I doubt that they care where they get their members - the WTBTS just wants the growth and members.

Long live religious freedom.

waiting

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Here in Australia meeting attendances are way down too. As in Canada, mid-week meeting attendance is in many places 60-65% and below 100% for Sunday meetings.

A point to add to all these percentages is this: The percentage is calculated as number of persons attending divided by the number of current Publisher Record Cards (x 100) to get %age. Now the point is that the current publisher Record cards DO NOT INCLUDE the inactive publishers. They do include both regular and irregular publishers).

Now with the gradual decline of publishers you can see that the low percentage meeting attendance figures are even worse than we might think, as it's a percentage of a gradually declining base figure.

Meeting attendance figures would show the true position if the Society would publish actual numbers attending, instaed of percentages.

Ozzie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit