Help me SAVE my family

by hamptonite21 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Sgame said : Also please dont listen to most of the people on this board. They think that Jehovahs witnesses are a cult. Why? Because the witnesses do what the bible tells them to do and these other people dont like to be told what to do. It makes me sick really.

Sgame you are making typical, shallow, dogmatic Jdub remarks. If the people here think JW's are a cult, then you need to find out why. And perhaps many here have been told what to do by the "Mother Organization" for years. Take time to do some research. Try not to start off on the wrong foot here.

P.S.

It's Saturday, why don't you go "save lives" with your W&A magazines!

Dismembered but not Dismembered

Edited by - Dismembered on 14 September 2002 7:31:31

• SGame
    SGame

wow you guys really attacked me! Well you guys bring up some good points but i am not the best of people to argue with because i really dont know what some JWs said to other board members. I can say though that you people got it a little wrong. JWs dont tell you what to do. They tell you what is the right thing to do but the decision is yours. They dont try to dictate your life. They tell you what the bible says is the right thing to do and again you have the choice. I mean come on do you think that you can do whatever you want to do and still be in good favor with God? Its kind of late here so my brain is fried and i cant really think of what im trying to say. I am not trying to start a battle with any of you. I just saw all these anti JWs peeps and i decided to give this person another point of view from someone who is almost just like him. Anywayz thanx for welcoming me peoples and im sure we will debate again sometime. :)

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

I do want to Thank You again SGame for Posting on this Website.

I have absolutely no desire to argue or battle with you.

I don't like arguing.

I do like to reason with people though.

You seem to be a reasonable person. That's good.

I was simply giving you some things to think about.

You are correct that the individual Witnesses make their own decisions on whether or not to follow what the Watchtower Society says.

However, you are mistaken when you say that the Society has no control over their decisions.

If you go against the Society, you will be Disfellowshipped, which means that all of your JW friends and all of your JW family (who live outside the household), will SHUN YOU, and not even say HELLO to you!

Also, the Society says that they SPEAK FOR GOD, and that if you go against the Society, YOU ARE GOING AGAINST JEHOVAH GOD AND JESUS CHRIST!

They also teach that if you are Disfellowshipped when Armageddon comes, Jehovah will DESTROY YOU AND YOUR CHILDREN!

How is that for CONTROL OVER PEOPLE?

Just look what they did to Barbara and Joe Anderson -- they were Disfellowshipped for telling the truth and trying to protect children, and now, they aren't even allowed to see their Grandchildren EVER AGAIN because their Son-In-Law (who is a Witness) is going along with the Society's Disfellowshipping Rules, and is SHUNNING his own parents!

Here is a Link to a Post I made on this Website that lists almost ALL of the Society's Quotes on DISFELLOWSHIPPING: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.aspx?id=35751&site=3

I truly and hope and pray to God that you will see the TRUTH, and the TRUTH will set you FREE!

By the way, the REAL TRUTH is JESUS CHRIST!

Edited by - UnDisfellowshipped on 15 September 2002 7:59:22

• goatlike
    goatlike

hamptonite21

thank you for sharing. your post was beautiful, sometimes there is a little justice in this universe after all. oh, and let's be honest - you are guilty. very, very guilty....

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

Hi Sgame,

I do agree with you about this bit "Because the witnesses do what the bible tells them to do" - yes, but the problem is that the bible tells them to do different things than what it tells us, but hey, if that's what they hear when they read it - there you go.

"Take heed then how you hear, for to him who has more will be given."

But as for this bit " T hey tell you what the bible says is the right thing to do " - I must protest that rather - they tell you what they think it says - what they heard.

paduan

Edited by - a paduan on 16 September 2002 7:55:6

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit