Yet Another Deceptive Awake (10/22)

by metatron 16 Replies latest jw friends

• mrs rocky2
    mrs rocky2

"Sadly, the braindead rank & file Dubs will sit and lap it up like it is the most accurate, intellectual information available." Reborn2002

I remember somewhere reading or being told that JWs have the equivalent of a college education because of the information provided in Awake/WT magazines. When my daughter was attending community college she said that a person only needed an 8th grade or less reading level to read/understand the magazines and that most of them could be summed up very simply - all problems are solved by God's Kingdom but in the meantime, pray more, attend all meetings, study, do what the elders tell you to do. They are so gullible!

Mrs R

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

For years I believed almost everything that was printed in the Watchtower and Awake. Now that I'm out of that situation, I look back on that with amazement and embarrassment. How did I ever believe this stuff? How did I close my mind to so many obvious flaws? I read quotes like this now and I realise how asinine it truly is. Just amazing.

• mann377
    mann377

if you do you will get an extra day of everlasting life

• Beans
    Beans

Excellent work Met!!! I love this stuff.

Beans

Canadian Overbeer

Edited by - Beans on 13 September 2002 20:22:24

• Scully
    Scully

Awake! article states:
    >>>>"But does mankind's track record indicate that perfection is attainable? Hardly! So error-related disasters of one kind or another will no doubt continue."

But they will not continue indefinitely. God fearing people can look forward to a future when life will not be tragically cut short because of human failure or limitations."<<<<

Error-related disasters like:
    - the vaccination and organ donation ban by the WTS in the 50's, 60's and 70's?
    - the blood transfusion ban that has been with JWs since the 50's?
    - the selling of homes and businesses and moving to where the need is great in the mid-70's?
    - the lack of retirement planning by JWs who believed that Armageddon would come before the end of the 20th century because the WTS told them it would??
    - similar predictions regarding 1876, 1914, 1925, etc??
    - the deaths of countless JWs (whose blood lies squarely in the hands of the WTS) who refused blood transfusions and died as a result??
    - the families that have been ripped apart because of a Scripturally groundless doctrine to disfellowship and shun people who no longer wish to be JWs??

Those kinds of "error-related disasters"??

Love, Scully

• Beans
    Beans

Oh Scully:

LET THE HATE FLOW THROUGH YOU !!!

Great reply!

Beans

Canadian Overbeer

• CC Ryder
    CC Ryder

The WTS preaches that things sould never be taken out of context, yet they are the worst perpitrators of taking things out of context for their own purpose, to lead people astray. That statement in the Awake just shows they have no intention of changing and never will.

CC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit