Yet Another Deceptive Awake (10/22)

by metatron 16 Replies latest jw friends

• metatron
    metatron

The 'Awake' magazine never misses an opportunity to project the thought that
    the world is frightening - and hopeless. The latest (Oct.22,2002) is no excception.
    On the final page inside, it quotes from a review of a book called "Inviting Disater -
    Lessons From the Edge of Technology" by James Chiles.

The graphic shows the Concorde on fire, about to crash and the text reads:

"But does mankind's track record indicate that perfection is attainable? Hardly!
    So error-related disasters of one kind or another will no doubt continue."
    But they will not continue indefinitely. God fearing people can look forward to a future
    when life will not be tragically cut short because of human failure or limitations."

So, that's it then. It's just hopeless. Things blow up and crash and only God can save
    us.

Wrong

Mr. Chile wrote his book because he believes these disasters were preventable - and his
    book is being highly recommended as providing solutions to the failures he recounts.

Don't believe me! GO TO HIS WEBSITE It's www.invitingdisaster.com
    and you can read the reviews of his work for yourself.

And as a final note
    The 'Today' show this morning showed the one year anniversary of man living
    with a mechanical heart pumping in his chest.

He was sitting in a local coffee shop talking with friends and doing
    ordinary things.

The device is still experimental - and won't last forever
    but I was personally amazed because I NEVER thought they would be
    able to replace a heart for this long - and have it work in any practical
    sense.

This October 'Awake' also contains the quote:

"Dear God, save us from the people who believe in you" (page 8)

Considering the pessimism and distortions of the Awake,
    that's rather ironic, don't you think?

metatron

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

This October 'Awake' also contains the quote:

"Dear God, save us from the people who believe in you" (page 8)

Considering the pessimism and distortions of the Awake,
    that's rather ironic, don't you think?

Nothing the WTBTS says in their literature surprises me any longer, for their hypocrisy and double-speak knows no boundaries.

Sadly, the braindead rank & file Dubs will sit and lap it up like it is the most accurate, intellectual information available.

Truly pathetic.

• The_Bad_Seed
    The_Bad_Seed
    Truly pathetic.

Yep. Makes me ill.

• sunshineToo
    sunshineToo

Has the WTS ever been sued because of their deceptive quotes? I wonder.

• jws
    jws

Interesting about the artificial heart. That reminds me of my first time really thinking that the org has it wrong. This was in my early to mid-teens.

They were all into this "heart is the seed of emotions" scripture, believing the pump in your chest controlled your emotions, not your brain. I was thinking it was a bunch of BS. I argued with my parents who told me I was wrong and to keep my opinions to myself - that the society was right and I shouldn't question them. I can't remember now whether this was before or after the first artificial heart transplant.

Anyway, wasn't too long after that that the society changed their minds and started saying that the reference to the heart was figurative. It was "new light". Well, duh! The first mechanical heart was pumping away in a guy who still had emotions. Big revelation!

Guess God was unsure himself and had to wait to see about this mechanical heart for himself so he could share it with his official channel .

-j.w.s.

• truthseeker1
    truthseeker1

Has anyone sent letters asking them about their deceptive quotes and actually got a response? Especially from their Kreashun book?

• rocky220
    rocky220

So what happens when the WT has yet another profecy go unfulfilled? Hope?, no hope?....no just another "New Light" cock&bull story.......[Barf,Yeeecchhh!] rocky220

• ignored_one
    ignored_one

metatron,

Have you emailed James R. Chiles about this? I don't know if he would be that interested but it would be interesting to see what he says.

His email is on the site to anyone who's interested.

Ignored One.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother
    "never misses an opportunity to project the thought that
    the world is frightening "

Before I got wiser, I beleived that

1) Worldly people told lies all the time

2) If you had a blood Transfusion you would surely get Aids, Hepatitus or something equally nasty

3) It was only other churches that had scandals of moral behaviour

4) Women in the world would jump into bed with anyone they liked

Any other misconceptions?

• FreeWilly
    FreeWilly

I remember reading that WT was threatened with a lawsuit by a theologin/scholar. Dr Mantey of "Dana and Mantey's manual of Greek Grammar. If you look at an older (Purple cover) Kingdom interlinear appendix it has quotes from him and others that appear to support WT's translation of John 1:1 etc. Dr. Mantey wrote a scathing letter to WT citing, among other things, the "judicious cutting" methods that they use to support their arguments. Basically they would quote portions of a sentance and leave out the parts that they don't like. Whenever you see the " ... " in a WT magazine you know they left something important out! Anyway WT apparently took out any reference to Dr Mantey's work (and other grammarians) in their newer (Blue cover) version of the Kingdom interlinear. I think others got together and threatened to sue WT too if they continued to misrepresent their works.

Funny huh?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit