The Truth about Legendary U2K

by Robdar 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Robdar
    Robdar

You are right, I do seem to be intolerant of negative, counter productive posts geared to specific persons. If an unfair, name calling, or unfriendly post was started about you, you would have my support.

Tai Chi,

So, let me see if I have this right, it is okay for you to be intolerant of me, but I can't point out the obvious problems with LU2K?

It doesn't matter how you excuse your boring behavior, you are still acting judgmental and intolerable while trying to make yourself look better by claiming to be an advocate for free speach.

I think you summed it up best when you said: "Pot calling the kettle black?" Yes, you are a being a hypocrite at this particular time.

Who made you our spokesperson?Yes, who madeyou our spokesperson? You seem to be the only one with a problem with my post.

PS: If you really want to help the XJW cause, then address the issues and not the person. Poor argumentation through singling out, or name calling will not help anyone or any issue.

You are the master, so I will take your word for it.

I hope you will take my current viewpoints to heart.

You mean you have just wasted my time by forcing your current viewpoints down my throat? Your kindness overwhelms me. Your intelligence boggles my mind. Your tactful presentation has caused me to see the errors of my ways. You must have been so loving in those shepherding calls you went on as an elder. Whatever abuse you think that I gave to LU2K, you have just committed towards me and more. And you think you are some advocate for free speech? You are deluding yourself.

Hey, maybe you are one of these 14 aliases that LU2K says she has here on JWD? Or, maybe you need to follow your own advice and get a life.

Love,

Robyn

Edited at least once to add:

Look Tai Chi, why don't we continue this argument in email. No need for this thread continuing in this vein. We will only start to show our asses. My email is open.

Edited by - robdar on 13 September 2002 18:18:46

Edited by - robdar on 13 September 2002 18:24:26

Edited by - robdar on 13 September 2002 18:34:32

Edited by - robdar on 13 September 2002 18:43:12

Edited by - robdar on 13 September 2002 18:51:37

Edited by - robdar on 13 September 2002 18:59:3

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

"So, let me see if I have this right, it is okay for you to be intolerant of me, but I can't point out the obvious problems with LU2K?"

So, now your the victim? LOL. Did I post a topic to call you names or rally the pack for an assult? Too bad you cannot address the issues I have raised. But, for your benefit, I hope this helps:

"Pointing out problems" with someones position does not require you to start name calling or belittling the person!

I only addressed your posts, and for the most part, ignored your "go back to the KH" insults (that really hurts, you know). XJW or not, I will always defend persons who are attacked by others with the Wolf pack mentality. I hoped my argument for a kinder, gentler, treatment of people (Jws too!) would touch your heart. Well, I guess you cannot win them all!

At any rate, if you put it out there, get ready for some feedback. You can post anything you want, and I defend that to the last, however, I will also respond to make a difference for the good.

Look, I have been bitten by the Jws as much as the next guy. After almost three years out, it is hard to make "worldly friends" and my heart hurts every time I see one of my dearest JW friends at the store and I cant even hold a conversation with. I can go on and on........I have promised myself that I will not, ever, treat any person the way the JWs treat XJWs or even some still inside.

Look, if you came across a person who was dressed very poorly than you, would you get mad at that person because she was dressed as a beggar and in a poorer state than you? No, you would (hopefully) feel for that person and help. What about a person who is improvised spiritually, or in a cult, living in a very poor state? I suggest that you dont get mad at them, but, feel for them and lets see how we can help them out.

Once more, for the record, I resist any attempt to post hurtful words and name calling about any one poster (XJW or not). You want to address issues? Fine, but lets all respect others viewpoints.

Remember, dont confuse respect for admiration. You dont have to admire anyones viewpoint, but you should always respect their position. Remember, not long ago we were all like LU2.......

"Hey, maybe you are one of these 14 aliases that LU2K says she has here on JWD? Or, maybe you need to follow your own advice and get a life."

LOL!

Your responses seem to be Paranoid, judgmental, intolerant, name calling, slandering..........Are you sure you are not a JW?

Let all here read your words and mine and then let each one decide how to address JWs here.

Edited by - thichi on 13 September 2002 19:51:5

Edited by - thichi on 13 September 2002 19:57:42

• Robdar
    Robdar

LOL! Paranoid, judgmental, intolerant, name caller, slanderer..........Are you sure you are not a JW?

Edited by Tai Chi while I was posting to say :"Your responses seem to be Paranoid, judgmental, intolerant, name calling, slandering..........Are you sure you are not a JW?"

So, now you've started with the name calling. I knew that you would show your ass. That is why I invited you to finish this conversation with me in private email. You say that you care about LU2K, but it is obvious you just care to rant and rave and tell yourself it is for some just cause.

I find it odd that you should feel so self-righteous that you would call me names especially when I haven't called you one. Yes, I have said that you were acting in a certain way at this time but I haven't called you a name. It's surprising that a man of your superior intellect doesn't notice the subtle difference.

Hmm, I see you don't deny being one of LU2K's 14 aliases, you just respond by calling me names. I was joking, okay being a smart ass, with that comment. But obviously your blood pressure is elevated so high that you can't differentiate between realism and somebody being facetious anymore.

Also, I am positive I am not a JW. But it appears that you must still be one or not long out of the tower by your total and complete intolerance of somebody who may have a different experience and opinion from your's.

Tai Chi, for your information:

LU2K's husband told me about her sickness and asked me to forgive her for what she did to me. You do not know what happened between us nor do you apparently want to know; not that I would tell you. I know much more about her than I am telling and I truly hope that she will get back on her meds.

You say that I am picking on her. You accuse me of all sort of things that you are much more guilty of than I. You try to say you are for freedom of speech when obviously you are only for your own freedom of speech. You refuse to take this fight to email as I asked you to do.

If I know a dog bites, I am going to warn others that the dog bites. Am I infringing on the dog's right to bite? You are not going to dissuade me from warning others about her.

In the end, you are not the one that has personal dealings with LU2K in her many incarnations here on JWD. You are not the one that got screwed, so you really don't have much to contribute to this thread other than running your mouth about how open minded you are. Go play a little with LU2K, when you get burned, maybe you will see things differently. Until then, follow your own advice and get a life.

Rant and rave all you want to. You may have the last word in this thread, if you wish. In my mind, you no longer exist. I will not respond to your futher fits of self-righteousness.

Love,

Robyn

Edited by - robdar on 13 September 2002 22:1:10

• ISP
    ISP

I don't know particularly the combatants on the thread...but it is easy for things to get out of hand. The apostofests are pretty cool. You can finally put a face to a name.....or a face to several names...if you know what I mean.

ISP

• Xena
    Xena

For what it is worth (and that probably isn't much) I agree with ThiChi. If you don't want to respond to someone then don't, but if others do let them. Don't push your judgement of someone off on others, we are grownups here and can make our own determinations of who we want to communicate with....

People always rush to post "Don't Feed the Trolls" well maybe some of us want to..and maybe some of us are enjoying the discussions we are having with someone who's opinion differs from our own.

We don't all have to agree (thank god) and we don't all have to like each other (hey that's life) but it would be nice if we could let people make their OWN decisions on those issues.

lol it's all about freedom and personal choice, remember?

For the record before anyone asks...I am not a JW and I do not go to the Kingdom Hall anymore

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

Xena:

Thanks for your words. I hope all will read this topic and make up their own minds......

Robdar: Nice try. I have addressed your posts and your actions with the hope of appealing to your

heart. I do stand by my descriptions of your posts and hope they will prove productive.

Even if I did start treating you like you have LU2, two wrongs dont

make a right and the "greater good" should prevail.........

Edited by - thichi on 16 September 2002 11:22:35

Edited by - thichi on 16 September 2002 11:23:23

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

"If I know a dog bites, I am going to warn others that the dog bites. Am I infringing on the dog's right to bite? "

FIne. Just don't shoot the dog! There could be a good reason why the dog wants to bite you......hehe

Notwithstanding the above, discussing a subject is one matter, personal attacts and unfair statements are another!

Edited by - thichi on 16 September 2002 11:28:24

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

"Hmm, I see you don't deny being one of LU2K's 14 aliases"

LOL, what a witch hunt!

"But it appears that you must still be one or not long out of the tower by your total and complete intolerance of somebody who may have a different experience and opinion from your's. "

I will not stand by while you gang rape LU2........You just don't get it, do you?

Edited by - thichi on 16 September 2002 14:6:12

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit