WATCHTOWER'S Alternative Military Service CHANGES

by UnDisfellowshipped 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

Excellent thread, Undisfellowshipped.

Thanks for putting all the WT's info about "alternative service" in one location.

I agree that there are several people who noticed the change back in '96 and started to drift away! I know of one who spent time in prison and now its a "consceince" matter! sheesh! No wonder he "drifted" away.

j2bf

• Room 215
    Room 215

Larry, you rightly ask: ``how many suffered becuase of this misguided policy?" To that question I add one of my own: `How many guileless young men around the world are STILL ROTTING IN JAILS? Or do you think these were miraculously released once they showed their captors that their masters in Brooklyn had once again changed their minds?

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

I have a friend in a nearby congregation who was drafted, then refused civilian service in the hospital and was sent to trial. Guess what the sentence was? Yep, to the hospital for community service. Was he df'd for this? No, since it was his sentence. Yikes.

Was it unrighteous on Jehovahs part to allow him to suffer for rejecting what he might do without consequences... What reason could anyone have to regret having followed his conscience in taking a firm stand for Jehovah?

How about that load of doublespeak? NEWSFLASH TO BROOKLYN: Jehovah never changed anything, you boneheads. It was YOU who allowed thousands to suffer for a policy, nothing more, a F***ING POLICY. Now you have the unmitigated gall to tell us it was our conscience.

That is like the asinine articles that speak of how some christians' consciences allow them to take all blood fractions, and some christians' consciences are more strict. DUH, YOU IDIOTS! Why are they so strict? It is because of all the demonizing of blood YOU have done for decades! It is not that they are in tune with what God says, it is that they read their watchtower faithfully!

The QFR about voting, and the one about working in churches helped me question, but the facts about child abuse policy definitely cut the chord for me. Don't tell me you are God's channel and then lie like a convict.

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

Thanks for all of your comments.

I just wanted to add an experience that my Parents had a couple of weeks ago:

My Parents asked a local Elder what the Official Watchtower Society Policy on "Alternative Service" is, and this is what he said:

"You cannot perform ANY type of service in a building owned by the Military, not even cleaning the toilets!"

So, it appears that some of the Elders are still sticking with the "Old Light".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit