would you come?

by rollercoaster 37 Replies latest jw friends

• rollercoaster
    rollercoaster

I want to get married. He is not in a JW. I don't care. We plan to get married in June if all goes well. I will have no family or friends at the wedding. I'm sure all of you can guess why. If you were invited to such a wedding, would you come? I don't even have a maid of honor. No one to stand beside me except my soon to be husband. I don't expect anyone there in person, but it seems as though there isn't even anyone to be happy for me. I'm happy for me!!! Maybe that's enough. Anyway I am trying to come up with a lot of reasons why it is good to not have a big mushy wedding, and here's my list. Feel free to add to it. I think I need some humor right now.

WHY SMALL WEDDINGS ARE GREAT
    At least I won't have to spend a lot on postage.
    Won't need a lot of food at the reception.
    Can dress yucky and won't have to worry about gossip
    Can play dirty music
    Can dance dirty to dirty music
    Can get really drunk, and dance dirty.....'
    Won't need to send thankyou notes for any gifts.
    Won't have to return stupid gifts

Anyway, everyone is invited. But you must RSVP. (at least think of me)

Cheers
    RC

• Scorpion
    Scorpion

Less money spent on the wedding.

Less mess to clean up afterwards.

You will save money and time having less film to develop.

There will be more to drink for yourself and the groom.

You can belch and fart all you want because there will be few to offend.

rollercoaster, here are a few sayings to cheer your day.

To some its a six pack, to me it's a support group.

Remember "I" before "E" except in Budweiser.

Why is American beer served cold? So you can distinguish it from urine.

Reality is an illusion that occurs due to lack of alcohol.

I was not put in charge of the exclusive club called Beth-Scam for lack of experience.

• rollercoaster
    rollercoaster

Scorpion,
    Well you certainly have me laughing. Thanks. I like the belching and farting the best. Only I have my fiance' convinced for now that I don't do that. I guess the reception would be good a time as any to let him know how I really am.

Thank you so much for the cheer.

RC

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

Rollercoaster:

First: CONGRATULATIONS!

Second: There are only three necessary ingredients to a wedding: him, you, and the legal guy. Once you've got the turkey, the rest is just trimmings.

Third: You can be in bed within half an hour of the wedding. Not to be sneezed at...

Fourth: You get to PIG OUT on the entire cake (save me a bit of marzipan, at least in your thoughts).

Finally: I'm bloody well happy for you! Let us know the date, and I'll toast you on the day!

Expatbrit.

• rollercoaster
    rollercoaster

Expatbrit,
    Yes, as soon as we determine the date, I will let everyone know. I am very excited about marrying this guy. He is so wonderful. We have known each other for over 3 years. He has put up with a lot from me. I even made him feel like dog poop because I said I was a JW so he wasn't good enough for me. He kept being persistent in a very sweet way, and won my heart. I think Jehovah would be happy for me don't you?
    Thank you so much for your care and kindness.

RC

• Prisca
    Prisca

CONGRATULATIONS!!

Another advantage : instead of spending all that money on the reception, use it to get married at a nice location, like on a cliff top or private garden, then splash out for an exotic honeymoon somewhere. Tres romantic!

• rollercoaster
    rollercoaster

Prisca,
    I think we may go to Fiji. Turtle Island. If the business allows it. We are pretty busy right now. He is trying to get me to agree to the Bahamas. I think I will hold out for Fiji.
    A part of me is sad though thinking about not having someone there that I have shared my life with as a friend. Kind of all alone in a room full of people.
    The only good thing is I will spend the rest of my life with the person I love.
    Thanks for your support.

RC

• doubtingsister
    doubtingsister

I would come and I'd toast your marriage with the finest champagne.

Maybe we can organize a virtual bouquet and garter toss on this forum? Post your pictures and as you're posing for them, think of all of us who'd have come if we lived nearby.

Be happy in spite of everyone else, it's the best revenge.
    By the time your first anniversary rolls around you'll more than likely have many new friends to share your anniversary with.

Congratulations and yes, hold out for Fiji.

• rollercoaster
    rollercoaster

Doubtingsister,
    What a wonderful person you are. I haven't even thought about flowers. What kind should I have? I love dogwood.
    I will learn how to post pictures and we will all share the joy.
    Thank you so very much.

RC

• Carmel
    Carmel

Actually Roller,

I don't thing Jawhova gives a rats rear who you marry! Hear's hoping you and your new husband grow up into happy and productive adults who don't always have to look over their shoulders to see if they are making Jerhova happy!

Best to ya!

carmel, who would come for two reasons, a) to kiss the bride and b) get some free devils food cake!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit