Will any disrupt meetings & assemblies?

by Dismembered 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Way ta go ! LDH

• barry
    barry

I beleive the way to do it is in small ways first at a book study or WT study on sunday. In asking questions that seem to poeple of little importance it would still have the effect on everyone that they can divert from the written guide without the sky falling in
    Barry

• Xander
    Xander

I think the bulk of people who leave are angry for a while.

Then simply stop caring and feel a little embarrassed for believing such nonsense for so long. You'd hardly want to go back and loudly proclaim you USED to believe that stuff.

I almost feel sorry for those who continue to try to change the org from within.

• Dia
    Dia

When Greenpeace wanted to get a point across to people who refused to hear it, they literally chained an unopenable briefcase to an irremoveable seat (like a theater seat).

Inside a recorded message BLARED their message over the speakers voice.

Of course, later they did eventually remove it, but it took them a very long time to do so and in the meantime, the attendees were FORCED to hear a reading of a very long list of misdeeds that they were protesting.

Hard to ignore that one. Especially when a reporter was present, too.

Just a thought.

• 144thousand_and_one
    144thousand_and_one

Those considering such action would be wise to also consider how they will respond when confronted by JW security as well as whether their actions will violate any laws. Don't look to the WTBTS for mercy; that's only preached, not practiced.

• Darren
    Darren

Nothing would be acheived by such an outburst except for the further justification of their thoughs on people like us. I remember an assembly I went to as a child, the one I was baptised at actually, and there was people protesting. My, very self righteous, thoughts were that they were disgruntled and had been blinded by Satan.

The witnesses will think and hear what they want to... and such an outburst would just prove their own point stronger. I find the best way to 'protest' is to be extremely civil, even annoyingly civil, to witnesses. To show them that you are the same person you have always been, minus the jw part, is a powerful message.

• Simon
    Simon

While being 'angry' and demonstrating loudly are understandable, I do not think they are at all effective. A calm, reasoned approach is much better. Win the argument or at least show that the WTS is afraid to even take part in the debate.

It is similar to what happens on the Interenet:

When I was on my way out I visited lots of exJW site. Some were very 'angry' and shouted things at you. They did not convince me one bit and my first reaction was that they proved the WTS was right. Yes, the people had spent a lot of time and effort on them but I do not think that their effort was as effective as they believed or as it could have been.

Other sites, eg. freeminds, were a lot more reasonable and so ultimately for me, more convincing.

Let me ask you, who has been more effective: 'the crazy guy' who show up at a DC shouting something that only a few hear or Bill Bowen who's message has been heard by millions because he is 'media friendly'?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit