Reliable source - new round of US Bethel layoffs coming soon

by sir82 37 Replies latest jw friends

• Bonsai
    Bonsai

Young ones, if you want to stay at Bethel, go to college and get a valuable skill first. If you have that skill, Bethel will keep you on. If you don't have any special skills, they will send you packing in 2 to 5 years.

They might bray, piss and moan about the dangers of getting a college education, but secretly they want you to get one-especially in the legal field- so you can help protect their negligent asses.

• wifibandit
    wifibandit

sir82 You just described me.

That was my life after high school. I wasted my early-to-mid twenties at Bethel, got kicked to the curb "sent to the field" (proved to be a blessing). Broke with no school, a crappy car and a drinking habit, I landed on my parents door steps. Back to pioneering, but this time jaded and suspecting there was something rotten in Denmark. In entrants school they had asked us to "make Bethel your life long career" and said "you are part of the family"!

They better hope they don't piss off the wrong people. They may have to deal with an "Edward Snowden" or "Bradley Manning" of their own!

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown
    Hell yeah, please God send us a Bethel Edward Snowden.
  • pepperheart
    pepperheart
    If they are not printing as much literature they will not need as many people at bethel
  • Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Why all the hate on this forum about middle aged women...we don't just talk about recipes you know...we talk about Noam Chomsky, menopause, dark web, menopause, Kant's categorical imperative, menopause, neoclassicism and nineteenth century architecture, menopause.....
  • steve2
    steve2

Why all the hate on this forum about middle aged women...we don't just talk about recipes you know...we talk about Noam Chomsky, menopause, dark web, menopause, Kant's categorical imperative, menopause, neoclassicism and nineteenth century architecture, menopause.....

I take exception to your sentiments, girlfriend. Besides, here you are taking up valuable time posting your comments when a good proportion of the house still needs to be dusted and cleaned. Priorities, please!

• poopie
    poopie
    And more menopause
  • Closer to Fine
    Closer to Fine
    I'm not a jw but my SIL is. After her last visit to Bethel she told me that ones that leave Bethel after serving are always looked after. I remember her specifically saying "the Society continues to take care of them for the rest of their lives". I don't believe she would lie to me so I can only assume that she believes it to be true.
  • smiddy
    smiddy

Simply because your SIL believes it to be true , don`t make it so. She is delusional .Parroting what the society wants their members to believe.

And the truly sad thing is , many who have been put out to pasture so to speak , after decades of service with no adequate provision for their changed circumstance in their later life , are left to rely on the congregations generosity they have been assigned , to provide for them out of their own pocket.

And the gullible congregations take that on as though it is a Priviledge to be shafted by the organization .

And the WTB&TS gets off Scot free .

As they have stated : Jehovah`s Witnesses volunteer their time and services with the oversight of the WTB&TS , they are not employees of the said organization ,they volunteer of their own free will , we are not responsible in any way, financial or otherwise , for their actions , one way or another .

The Jehovah`s Witness hierarchy are masters of weasel words and spin ,and it rubs off on the rank and file ,deception used against non believers is construed as theocratic warfare ,an us and them situation.

Ask yourself , why would a young organization , less than 200 years ,re-write their own history`s beginnings to give a false impression of their own beginning ,? If you doubt that ,do more research ,jw.facts,.and even the search option at the top of this page.

I know it must be hard Closer to Fine , but tread softly as you awaken more to the hypocricy of Jw`s some are just naive.

Take care

smiddy

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

It's clearly a sign of the "final push", the GT and the Big A are literally on our doorstep...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit