Can "Wordly" people go to book studies?

by Double Edge 31 Replies latest jw friends

• gumby
    gumby

D.E.

As Ozzie pointed out....a df'ed person cannot attend a study in the home.

He MAY attend at the Kingdom Hall book study.As you probably know.....he cannot comment at all, or say anything. He/she must leave as soon as the study is over. Real encouraging and loving....eh?

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day gumby,

More "real encouragement and loving" is given to a DF/DA person at the Service Meeting.

He/she is not permitted to recieve a copy of the Kingdom Ministry so they simply sit there for the 45 minutes like a shag on a rock.

Re the book study, there's another "real encouragement and loving" aspect with respect to a person who is privately reproved. You see, in a small group, it'll soon become apparent that he/she is not participating, and guess what that leads to? You got it! Gossip!

In reality, there's no such thing as private reproof.

Cheers, Ozzie

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

I was wondering... I was a Hoover for 20 years (haven't been in for 18) -- but can't really remember the reason that DF'd ones were not given copies of the Kingdom Ministry. I also can barely remember what was *in* those flimsy little newsletters.

Country Girl

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day Country Girl and welcome!

can't really remember the reason that DF'd ones were not given copies of the Kingdom Ministry

The KM is circulated to JWs and approved associates ONLY.

Why? Because they say so! You know you shouldn't question the F&DS!!!

Cheers, Ozzie

• gumby
    gumby

The KM is circulated to JWs and approved associates ONLY.

Kind of funny isn't it? To become eligable for baptism one must have close to the national average in hours spent in service......yet only approved accociates are to have the KM. They also disapprove of making a copy for others, such as a bible study.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

It's to get the new ones used to "reaching out for privileges", eh?

Cheers, Ozzie

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

It's so it won't land in the hands of apostates like Stephanus!

Beck

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

Ozzie,

Yes, you are so right. If you are DA'd or DF'd, you are not welcome in a private home. They can ask you to leave.

Actually, I didn't know that. I was told to get reinstated that I would have to attend all the meetings. So, I bundled up my baby and went to the book study, where I was promptly treated like an uninvited, unwelcome guest. You live. You learn.

DA'd or DF'd people are only welcome at the public meetings, and can attend the MS and SM by setting in the back and keeping their mouth shut and their head down.

When I think back to the submissive, abusive behavior that I engaged in, it makes me sick to my stomach. (All done in the name of love.)

Sentinel

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    When I think back to the submissive, abusive behavior that I engaged in, it makes me sick to my stomach. (All done in the name of love.)

I can relate to that feeling. It was the help of others, like Amos and Zaqen, who gave me a brighter vision. They showed me what the love of God really means. Grace or Undeserved kindness then takes on special meaning.

Cheers, Ozzie

Edited by - ozziepost on 13 September 2002 9:18:29

• gumby
    gumby

It was the help of others, like Amos and Zaqen, who gave me a brighter vision.

Hi Ozzie. Who are these two persons?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit