Hey - this weekend is our 28th

by Makena1 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Makena1
    Makena1

Sabine and I will be celebrating our 28th anniversary this weekend! Woooohoooo! And they (parents and gloom and doomers from the KH where we first met) said it would not last because we were in our teens when we got married - me 19, her 18.

We have been through some very tough times, (the hardest of course the death of our daughter) - however, the good times and prospects for the future far outweigh the bad. So far, we are like two bottles of excellent Cabernet - getting better with age!

Sabine - thanks for putting up with me, loving me, caring for me all these years. As the song goes, "You are the love of my life"

We are heading to Victoria BC to celebrate. If we take any good pics, we will try and post them.

Thanks and love to all our ex-JW buds!

Mak and Sabine

• JeffT
    JeffT

Congratulations to both of you. Debbie and I will celebrate our 28th next month. I still haven't figured out where we're going. Last year I rented a cabin with a hot tub on Whidbey Island. Not sure I can top that.

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

Congradulations Mak and Sabine,

It is so hard to keep a relationship going for all those years. I know you will enjoy Victoria as it is a beautiful city.

Will

• bigfloppydog
    bigfloppydog

Will not be here on weekend, my best bud Orangefatcat and I are going away, Friday is my Birthday, so we are going to celebrate.

I want to take the opportunity now to say CONGRATULATIONS to you both on the weekend and have a good one. Today is our Anniversary (31 years) not counting the 4 years we dated before.

• Jesika
    Jesika

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope to find someone to spend a lifetime with!!!!

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

CONGRATULATIONS!!! It's 19 and counting for me and Big Tex, and it's more wonderful every year.

• willdabeerman
    willdabeerman

congratulations! 28 yrs....wow must be tired of each other...;-)...but its cool ur both still together. hope we can go for that long or longer....(i guess it helps to actually propose)..sorry lisa...but its coming soon...;-)

• LB
    LB

Congratulations you two. It's hard to believe you two are old enough to be married for so long. Looks like the marriage lasted a lot longer that those pointer pointers thought. Good deal.

Oh we've rented the Maui Dive Lodge for the entire month of May and we are staying for at least two weeks at our timeshare in June. heh heh heh, can't wait.

• imanaliento
    imanaliento

Congratulations on 28 years.

We just had our 25 in Aug.

not only growing old together but growing together..

• ISP
    ISP

Hey .....have a good one!

ISP

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit