Higher Education is from Satan the Devil

by avengers 24 Replies latest jw friends

• RevMalk
    RevMalk

You mean you weren't warning your fellow students that they only had a year left to live????

RevMalk Speaks - You cannot DF All of the people all of the time, BUT, you can DF most of the people most of the time.Saratoga Springs, NY Congregation Refugee
  • mrs rocky2
    mrs rocky2

Whoa and wait a minute! Just because you live in the dorms it doesn't mean you are going to lose all control of your values! Neither of my daughters are Dubs. Both are in college, both in dorms, not in the same school - so they aren't helping each other stick to 'values.' You don't need the fear of WT to keep you from drunkeness, doing drugs, promiscuity, etc. They are both motivated to contribute to the community. Can't do that very well flipping burgers or cleaning toilets for minimum wage. They didn't go 'off the deep end' with the partying business when they started school, don't expect they ever will. So whoever said that dorm life would be a bad influence is misinformed. If your kids want trouble they will find it, whether they are in the Borg or out! Being out does not create a breeding ground for misbehaviour.

Mrs R

• forgetmenot
    forgetmenot

I think the reason the WT has and is discouraging going to college is because with education comes power. If a woman is educated, studies show that she because more socially conscious. I'm sure that it doesn't just hold for women.

I know when I started college and took communication classes and sociology classes, my eyes were opened up. I realized that the WT and their organization are impractical and unnecessary. I also found that others people's views were just as justified as mine. I suppose, though, that I am a rare case because I had people in my classes who were just as "brain washed" as I was but they didn't shut up and listen to other people long enough to figure anything out.

And just for your information, I'm going to a college deemed the "party college" but a lot of the people I've met are against drinking, drugs, and premarital sex. Some of them have even convinced me further of why excessive drinking is bad. My roommate's mom is in a wheelchair because her mom was hit by a drunk driver.

• memphisbelle
    memphisbelle

Back in 1978 I had the opportunity to go to veterinary school, and get most of it paid for by my boss at the time. friends, elders, pioneers very forcefully persuaded me no to go, using WT articles listed above as references. Why go ? the world will end soon, don't waste your time !! 30 years later here I am,, going to night school to get my associates degree in management, and kicking myself in the rear EVERY DAY because I didn't think for myself back then.

• VM44
    VM44

Soon it will be given its death stroke by Almighty God himself.

What are the chances that the Awake writer who wrote that in 1967 has already received his own "death stroke"?

--VM44

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit