The Watchtower vs. The Bible

by UnDisfellowshipped 29 Replies latest watchtower bible

• pomegranate
    pomegranate

The trinity makes no sense

You are right. That's why I do not believe it.

• BugParadise
    BugParadise
    Undisfellowshipped: Thank You Very Much BugParadise for you Fantastic Information!!!

You're welcome! You have a very interesting thread going here! I've been working so much, this is the first chance I've had to get back and check it out. Still at work (ugh) so Im going to limit a response until I get home

~Bugs

• hooberus
    hooberus

Question for RevMalk,

Are you a believer in some form of mormonism? I base this question on the following observations:

1. Your statue which appears below your name is of the "Mormon Jesus"

2. You mentioned that Jesus was "procreated"

3. You attacked the Bible just as a Mormon does

4. You stated that the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost were "three separate beings" in perfect agreement with LDS doctrine.

5. You mentioned "seeking" the "Prophet"

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

And you think JW are nuts.... LOL

Why cant GOD be three seperate people? He created the Universe but he cant be 3 and one? That makes sense.......

• RevMalk
    RevMalk

No, I am not a Mormon, BUT, I do believe in that portion of what they believe, haha. Actually there are quite a few of their Doctrine that I head BEFORE I ever talked with them. I DO NOT believe they are the true Church and they have not once wavered any belief I had/have held through my own studies and prayer. Are they more messed up than JWs? Not a chance, at least they have an excuse for all their craziness......One thing that always bugged me about the Watchtower....Who the hell made them boss? I would respect them more if that claimed God came and appointed them. Does anyone here think you can appoint yourselves as the saviors of the world? When the true prophet comes I always imagined it would be of a more divine and spiritual nature, not just theory.

I do want to clarify one thing.

I DID NOT ATTACK THE BIBLE!

I believe the Bible is the Inspired Word of God, but I also believe it's been changed, mistranslated, misunderstood and mishandled. If you don't believe that this is possible, than how can you believe the JWs have done it? If JWs are NOT the Prophet of God, than why would he allow them to screw up the Bible and no-one else in History? Makes no sense at all, so with this information, how can you trust the Book word for word?

As for the "Prophet" I am awaiting, it could come in whatever form, whether it be a religion, a person, an angel, whatever it may be it's a prophet to me. (hey, I'm going to write a song).

As for the three separate beings theory, there's a lot of people that believe that.....I believe they are one only in the same sense as man and wife are one.....one in purpose, but three separate entities....Nothing unusual.

I do believe that Jehovah came to Earth as Jesus, and that's why his name isn't mentioned in the NT (although that is not why I believe this, just a little extra to back up my theory in my own head). I certainly am not one to tell someone else they're wrong, because I feel that's wrong in itself. Until God appoints ME< or I witness God appointing someone else, it's not up to me to force any theory down anyone's throat and anyone that does that has some answering to do to Christ on Judgement day (Again, in MY opinion)

So, I don't claim to have the answers and probably never will, we all account for our own, bottom line, and if I ever pushed my opinion on anyone else, and was wrong, God help me.....and anyone that does that should think twice unless God Himself has spoken to them.

Don't Forget The March, Come one and ALL!

Sept. 27, 2002 - Brooklyn, NY - A Day in History!

Edited by - Revmalk on 24 September 2002 17:41:59

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

Here is another thing that the Watchtower Society has done, which REALLY changes A LOT of Scriptures!

In the New Testament, they have INSERTED the words "do obeisance to" in certain Verses, but not others.

The Society chose to replace the Greek word "proskuneō" (which is translated as "worship" in most Verses) with the words "do obeisance to" in ALL of the Verses in which JESUS was the one receiving the worship!

Here is an example:

Matthew 4:10: Then Jesus said to him, Go, Satan! For it has been written: "You shall worship (proskuneō) Jehovah your God, and you shall serve Him only."

Hebrews 1:6: And again, when He brought the First-Born into the world, He said, "And let all the angels of God do obeisance to (proskuneō) Him."

You notice that? The Society INSERTS "do obeisance to" in Hebrews 1:6 to make it look like JESUS was NOT being worshipped, and yet, in Matthew 4:10, they left the word "worship" because it applies to the Father (it is the SAME GREEK WORD)!

The Society will NOT allow worship to be given to Christ!

The New World Translation is definitely BIASED and CORRUPTED in order to REMOVE or CHANGE any Verse that talks about JESUS being worshiped!

Here are some more examples of the New World Translation INSERTING the words "do obeisance to" where in the Greek, it says "worship", when it is talking about JESUS, but they leave the word "worship" when it is talking about the Father:

Matthew 2:1: And when Jesus had been born in Bethlehem of Judea in the days of Herod the king, behold, wise men arrived from the east to Jerusalem,
    Matthew 2:2: saying, Where is He born King of the Jews? For we saw His star in the east and have come to do obeisance to (proskuneō) Him.

Matthew 2:11: And having come into the house, they saw the child with His mother Mary. And falling down, they did obeisance to (proskuneō) Him. And opening their treasures, they presented gifts to Him: gold and frankincense and myrrh.

Luke 4:7: Then if You worship (proskuneō) before me, all will be Yours.
    Luke 4:8: And answering, to him, Jesus said, Go behind Me, Satan! For it has been written: "You shall worship (proskuneō) the Lord your God, and Him only you shall serve."

John 4:21: Jesus said to her, Woman, believe Me that an hour is coming when you will worship (proskuneō) the Father neither in this mountain nor in Jerusalem.

Also, if "doing obeisance" to someone is only honoring them, and NOT worship, like the Watchtower claims, then what about this Scripture:

Acts 10:25: And as Peter was coming in, meeting him, Cornelius fell at his feet and did obeisance (proskuneō).
    Acts 10:26: But Peter lifted him up, saying, Stand up! I myself am also a man.

If "doing obeisance" is only honoring someone, and NOT worship, why did Peter tell Cornelius to STOP?

I think the Watchtower Society MISSED a Scripture though:

Revelation 5:11: And I saw, and I heard a sound of many angels around the throne, and the living creatures, and the elders, and their number was myriads of myriads, and thousands of thousands,
    Revelation 5:12: saying with a great voice, Worthy is the Lamb having been slain to receive the power and riches and wisdom and strength and honor and glory and blessing.
    Revelation 5:13: And every creature which is in Heaven, and in the Earth, and underneath the Earth, and the things that are on the sea, and the things in all of them, I heard saying: To Him sitting on the throne, and to the Lamb be the blessing and the honor and the glory and the might forever and ever.
    Revelation 5:14: And the four living creatures said, Amen. And the twenty four elders fell down and worshiped (proskuneō).
  • BugParadise
    BugParadise

Just testing if my sig is going to work

It didn't .. lol

Edited by - Bugparadise on 25 September 2002 18:6:48

• clash_city_rockers
    clash_city_rockers

This is from the NIV

In Reference to Christ

Heb 1:8 8 But about the Son he says, "Your throne, O God, will last for ever and ever, and righteousness will be the scepter of your kingdom."

Paul's Doxology in Romans 9:5 5 Theirs are the patriarchs, and from them is traced the human ancestry of Christ, who is God over all, forever praised! Amen.

In the intro to 2 Peter

2 Peter 1:1 1 Simon Peter, a servant and apostle of Jesus Christ, To those who through the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ have received a faith as precious as ours:

Who is the great hope in Titus 2:13 13 while we wait for the blessed hope--the glorious appearing of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ,

Finally who is the savior???? in Titus 1:3-4

Titus 1:3-4 3 and at his appointed season he brought his word to light through the preaching entrusted to me by the command of God our Savior, 4 To Titus, my true son in our common faith: Grace and peace from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Savior.

Sola Scriptura, Sola Fide, Sola Gratia, Sola Christas, Soli Deo Gloria, Semper Reformande

Scripture Alone, Faith Alone, Grace Alone, Christ Alone, To God Alone be the Glory, Always Reforming to thr Word of God.

jr

Edited by - clash_city_rockers on 27 September 2002 16:24:0

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

Great Post clash_city_rockers!

Here are some more Contradictions between the Watchtower and the Bible:

Every Bible out there says pretty much the same at Colossians 1:15-20:

Colossians 1:15: who is the Image of the Invisible God, the First-Born of all creation.
    Colossians 1:16: For all things were created in Him, the things in the Heavens, and the things on the Earth, the visible and the invisible; whether thrones, or lordships, or rulers, or authorities, all things have been created through Him and for Him.
    Colossians 1:17: And He is before all things, and all things have subsisted in Him.
    Colossians 1:18: And He is the Head of the Body, the Assembly, who is the Beginning, the First-Born out of the dead, that He be preeminent in all things;
    Colossians 1:19: because all the Fullness was pleased to dwell in Him,
    Colossians 1:20: and through Him making peace by the blood of His Cross, to reconcile all things to Himself; through Him, whether the things on the Earth, or the things in the Heavens.

However, the New World Translation (NWT) has added a few things to CORRUPT and CHANGE to BIBLE:

Colossians 1:15: who is the Image of the Invisible God, the First-Born of all creation.
    Colossians 1:16: For all [other] things were created in Him, the things in the Heavens, and the things on the Earth, the visible and the invisible; whether thrones, or lordships, or rulers, or authorities, all [other] things have been created through Him and for Him.
    Colossians 1:17: And He is before all things, and all things have subsisted in Him.
    Colossians 1:18: And He is the Head of the Body, the Assembly, who is the Beginning, the First-Born out of the dead, that He be preeminent in all things;
    Colossians 1:19: because all the Fullness was pleased to dwell in Him,
    Colossians 1:20: and through Him making peace by the blood of His Cross, to reconcile all [other] things to Himself; through Him, whether the things on the Earth, or the things in the Heavens.

They obviously added those "[other]" words to make it appear that Jesus Christ was also CREATED!

Look what the Watchtower Society is guilty of doing:

Revelation 22:18: For I testify together with everyone hearing the Words of the Prophecy of this Book, if anyone adds to these things, God will add upon him the plagues having been written in this Book.
    Revelation 22:19: And if anyone takes away from the Words of the Book of this Prophecy, God will take away his part from the Book of Life, and out of the Holy City, and of the things having been written in this Book.

Deuteronomy 4:2: You shall not add to the Word which I command you, nor take from it, to keep the Commandments of Jehovah your God which I command you.

Proverbs 30:6: Do not add to His Words, that He not reprove you, and you be found a liar.

• Bellamethyst
    Bellamethyst

If Jesus is Michael, How do you explain (Hebrews 1:3-14)

Thanks

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit