JW's in interfaith service

by Osarsif 22 Replies latest jw friends

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Interfaith services = "Mother" is mainstreaming?

The next step will be singing carols with the Methodists around the community Christmas tree....just to be friendly, you know....nothing to it....really.

• ISP
    ISP

Hey but they had NGO status for 10 years or so........whats a little interfaith service between friends?

ISP

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

Check this out from the Official Watchtower.org Website: http://www.watchtower.org/library/br78/article_03.htm

Here is the QUOTE:

Satan is invisible ruler of world -- 1 John 5:19, 2 Cor. 4:4, John 12:31

A Christian must have no part in interfaith movements -- 2 Cor. 6:14-17, 2 Cor. 11:13-15, Gal. 5:9, Deut. 7:1-5

A Christian must keep separate from world -- Jas. 4:4, 1 John 2:15, John 15:19, John 17:16

All human laws that do not conflict with God's laws should be obeyed -- Matt. 22:20, 21, 1 Pet. 2:12, 1 Pet. 4:15

I'm sure there are LOTS MORE QUOTES where the Society said that TRUE CHRISTIANS NEVER GET INVOLVED IN INTERFAITH ACTIVITIES, does anyone know any of these Quotes that they can Post here?

Perhaps "Quotes" from http://quotes.jehovahswitnesses.com knows of some more?

Quote from The Watchtower November 15th 2001 Issue, Page 19:

"Hypocrisy...will ultimately prove death-dealing to those who practice it. In the end, hypocrisy will be openly exposed. There is nothing covered over that will not become uncovered, said Jesus Christ, and secret that will not become known. (Matthew 10:26; Luke 12:2) Wise King Solomon declared: The true God himself will bring every sort of work into the judgment in relation to every hidden thing, as to whether it is good or bad. Ecclesiastes 12:14."

AMEN!

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

Here's another Quote I found:

AWAKE! November 22nd 1975 Issue, Page 23:

"Jehovah's Witnesses have nothing in common with other religious groups and can never seek any affiliation with them."

• minimus
    minimus

The rank and file JW can't do it but the Society's representatives can. Actually, they've been doing this for years. HYPOCRITES!!!

• abbagail
    abbagail

This was VERY GOOD. Thank you. Though the elite-class may do this all the time, I would BET the R&F have not a clue. I would have been shocked at something like this in my dub days. I would go to a funeral and sit in the parlor to show respect but at the same time NOT BE PART OF the actual BTG funeral service in the main room. I guess it's another case of "do as they SAY, but NOT AS they DO."

Judge Ratherflawed - LOL!

And Fark, who IS this Norm guy? He does write some FUNNY stuff. Loved his letters to the GB!

And UNDF'd: I see you're at it again! Good job with the scriptures! I'm saving this thread. It may seem "small" in comparison to the bigger scandals, but pertinent just the same.

Minimus, if they've been doing it for years, got any more examples for my "interfaith file" just freshly created?

Grits

Edited by - Grits on 11 September 2002 2:6:25

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

Thanks to everyone for all of this great Interfaith/JW info!

Also, check out the NEW October 15th 2002 Watchtower's "Questions From Readers" on Page 27 (about "Interfaith").

I also believe that the "Reasoning From the Scriptures" Book has a Chapter on "Interfaith".

Do you think anyone will be going to that Meeting that will give a Report about what the JW's do at the Meeting on this Website? That would be cool!

Also, this is just something interesting I just saw -- in the NEW October 22nd 2002 Awake Magazine, in the "Watching the World" Section, they Quote from the following Sources:

The New York Times (Which just ran a big silentlambs Article recently)

BBC News (Which aired the Panorama Program about the silentlambs)

The Guardian (The U.K. News Website which exposed the 10-year U.N./Watchtower Connection, and also in June ran a silentlambs Article)

They also mentioned the United Nations, I believe on the same page as their Quote from The Guardian.

Ironic, eh?

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Ahem There is only one reason the JWs are climbing on board this issue $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

anyone heard how much $$$ they are talking about in settlements? Any bets as to how much of that the WTS wants a cut of?

• Farkel
    Farkel

Grits,

: And Fark, who IS this Norm guy? He does write some FUNNY stuff. Loved his letters to the GB!

Norm Hovland. He is one the three infamous Vikings, which also include Kent Steinhaug and Jan Haugland. Norm has been involved for years with JW issues. He's a great guy.

Farkel

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Would anyone happen to be able to scan a copy of the Oct 1, 2002 WT ??? Or at least post the text of the article - Questions From Readers?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit