Reforming the IREFORMABLE?

by DannyBear 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

bigboi wrote:

The 1914 doctrine is still a major part of the religion's platform.

It probably is, but not so much lately. The incessant drumbeat is 1919. Again and again we hear it from the platform and WT, 1919 is the year God selected the FDS by bringing them out from control of B the G. IF I hear it one more time i will scream. Course, I am ready to scream at most meetings; I go because wife and sons are there.

ANYWAY, 1919 is the hot date right now. I think that the bashing 1914 has gotten from real scholars has had some effect; I think they are reeling, and don't know what to do or to talk about. And so they are tightening down the hatches, and shitcanning any who dissent or even ask questions.

pistoff

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

Pistoff,

My point exactly Pistoff, they are mired in the same theology promulgated by the early father's of modern jwdom. They just twist the dates around, changing them from literal to figuritive/representitive blah blah.....how convenient Jehovah makes it for them.

They hold on to the prophecies they have made, any way shape or form they can. Even if you were a newborn in 1922 and proud to be one of the 'millions now living, that will never die' the odds are slim to none, you will see that promise come true. Let alone all the 1914 gang that had to be old enough to 'discern' what was going on during WW1.

They just can't summon up the balls to admit they are just as nutty as the next cult, 'riding the tail of Haley's comet' into paradise. No not us jw's...we know what the original greek word 'parosia' means. We know Jehovah will vindicate every last word, we just don't know which last words of new light, he will uphold. Minor details never seem to bother them. But but but but Armageddon is coming, coming, coming Real Soon!

Unmitigated bullshit!

Edited by - DannyBear on 10 September 2002 8:56:6

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

Re-form? Do it again? - I don't think so.

A whole other type of form - maybe, but there'd have to be nothing left of the old one. Apart from people, I'm not sure they've got anything worth keeping. The doctrines are unusable and incompatible with christianity.

paduan

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit