DID you pass "up' er by the contribution box

by imanaliento 19 Replies latest jw friends

• imanaliento
    imanaliento

this may have been posted b/4, but you are all forgiving, right?

while we were studying, we were told there was not a collection plate passed around, just a contribution box. As the years went by it seemed like every other Thur. they had to mention their funds were low, oh and thanks for the contribution.

If I had cash I gave now and then, it was never in the form of written paper. then they would know my spirtuality level by how much or how little i gave.

At times i wanted to stuff it as if it were a suggestion box. anybody have any stories?

• metatron
    metatron

Type up a piece of paper that says "Sorry. I gave your contribution
    to Silentlambs."

Use it at assemblies

metatron

• TR
    TR

This gives me an idea. Write a note on a dollar bill before stuffing it in the box, such as www.siletlambs.org, or F*** OFF!, or "for a hot date call sister hottie at 555-5555".

TR

• TR
    TR

LOL@Metatron. Beat me to the punch.

TR

• imanaliento
    imanaliento

oh I forgot to say we DA'd officially a few weeks ago.

but i may go to assemblies and put other literature in their seats.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I rarely ever put my money in the contribution box... the purse strings would get REAL tight when they tired to guilt me into giving.

I guess I dropped money in the box a total of 5 or 10 times in my life.

• obiefernandez
    obiefernandez

pennies

• SYN
    SYN

There was a Dub Urban Legend that went around in my old Hall that a couple of young prankster Brothers managed to steal the key for the Contribution box, made copies, and lived richly off the proceeds. Of course, they're disfellowshipped now Another variation goes that they didn't steal, but instead put a large squeaky blow-up snake in the box, the kind that comes in a can and explodes when you open it, much to the merriment of the ageing, infirm Elders who were usually assigned to "clean out" the Contribution Boxes...

• NameWithheld
    NameWithheld

I have to say I was a bad dub and didn't put much (next to nothing) into the box. And I really didn't feel bad about it either. Of course at the time I didn't have a bunch of extra $$$ laying around. It's too bad I didn't know how the 'game' was played at the time though, the green handshakes to the COs and large checks in my name to the KH would probably have jump started my 'career' :)

I can't help but wonder if most of the younger generation aren't a lot like I was and just can't be bothered to take perfectly good $$ and thrown them away into the boxes. Maybe that's the reason the new 'books' look so crappy now.

• Francois
    Francois

I have never, ever, been guilty of putting so much as one red cent into that damned collection box.

Just before the meeting, I laid a belt across the bed. Then I took all my money and threw it up in the air over the bed. What fell on the other side of the belt I put in my savings account; what fell on my side of the belt I kept. Whatever Jehovah wanted, he was free to keep.

francois

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit