Are JW's only in it for the New System?

by In_between_days 56 Replies latest jw friends

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Would you *really* want to live in an Earthly paradise with dubs for a thousand years? Ask yourself that question, and then ask if Death isn't preferable.

Country Girl

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

Talk about a boring place! No parties, no sex, just a bunch of meetings....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    I wonder though if your arguments will hold water with Jehovah when the time comes after all he is the one that decides who is right

I'm not afraid.

• Introspection
    Introspection
    It seems to me that this web sight has been put here by apostates for the reason of not building up the truth but tearing it down .I have found that to try and reason with an apostate is the same as try to tell a member of the K.K.K that blacks are equal to whites in the eyes of God .You will get every stupid argument in the book against it , and why , because they do not want to accept it even if it is right . They even go as far as to harass other who do accept it. So with this said I will bid you goodbye so that you can all tell each other how right you are .I wonder though if your arguments will hold water with Jehovah when the time comes after all he is the one that decides who is right.

Mo, you don't even have to listen to us, just look at what you yourself have written here. What have you done except point a finger at other people? You're preoccupied with how what is said makes somebody looks, rather than what's actually said. I have to say I haven't really seen any reasoning here. The person who speaks the truth won't always do it in a nice way to make you feel good. If you're really interested in what's true you're going to have to get over such insecurities, because that's only self interest, interest in how it makes you feel and how it makes your religion look. By the way, you are responsible for your own feelings, making up a story about the other person who precipitated the event won't change that fact. When you come to some clarity about what's coming from you yourself then you'll be in a better position to see the truth. I can understand how someone like you coming to a website like this can be overwhelmed, especially when most of the people is saying something that doesn't jive with your beliefs, but understand that even harassment, if that is what it is, is just a threat to your self concept, not the truth. Take care and try not to stress yourself out too much.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day overit,

You may be interested in this new thread. I'd be pleased to 'see' what your thoughts are.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.aspx?id=36544&site=3

Cheers, Ozzie

• Ephanyminitas
    Ephanyminitas

Talk about a boring place! No parties, no sex, just a bunch of meetings....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

After the glorious Thousand Year Reign -- after everyone's been converted (how could anyone say no AFTER Armageddon?) -- there will be no one to preach to. The Witnesses' minds will crash like so many Windows machines. Can there be a life after field service?

• jack2
    jack2

Luke 10:25 (NWT): "Now, look! A certain man, versed in the Law, rose up, to test him out, and said, "Teacher, by doing what shall I inherit everlasting life?"

Matthew 19:27 : "Then Peter said to him in reply: Look! We have left all things and followed you; what actually well there be for us?".

Acts 16:30 : And he brought them outside and said "Sirs, what must I do to get saved?"

I think these verses show that religious people have always been interested in the reward that they might receive, and it's not something only jws are concerned about.

In regard to the original question, yes, I think many jws are in it mainly for the reward. I think that, as humans, we often are in whatever endeavor we involve ourselves in because we seek some remuneration. With regard to being a jw, there are so many sacrifices a person is expected to make, no wonder he/she expects something in return. Note Peter's question above - didn't he kind of 'expect' something in return? In a way, I guess it's selfish to want a reward, and yet, it seems part of the human experience, in some cases, at least to want one.

I'm not necessarily defending the 'expectation' of a reward, but, it seems to me that the scriptures above indicate that humans seem to be interested in some reward form God, and whether that's entirely a selfish thing or not, I really don't know.

Edited by - jack2 on 29 September 2002 0:1:13

Edited by - jack2 on 29 September 2002 0:2:25

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit