Those 'Mean' JW's

by Larry 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Larry
    Larry

Remember when Elders took pride in DFing someone - Like they got a notch on their judgmental belt of righteousness?

Remember when parents would brag about kicking their kids out if they did want to serve Jah or if the kid got Dfd and the father didnt want to lose his position in the k-hall and threw the kid out?

Remember when catastrophes would happen to other people/nations and JWs would laugh about it and consider it just part of the last days?

Remember when some one got Dfd and the JWs would relish in the thought that the Dfd JW would not be doing so well? Or when the Dfd JW would be doing good and the JW would say "Yeah, but they dont have Jah holy spirit."

Remember when a JW would brag about dropping a study due to lack of process?

Remember when the JWs would gleam with joy when they talked about the Catholic Churchs scandals.

Oh yes, you gotta love those 'Mean JWs.'

Peace - LL

PS - Feel free the add to the list.

• Mimilly
    Mimilly

Remember how the elders would tell you they wanted to help you when in fact they wanted evidence so as to Df you?

Remember how the depressed ones were called spiritually weak and assigned 'mature, older sisters or brothers' to study with them?

Remember how the elders would assign a brother or sister to study with you but it was only to get close to you to get the goods and thoughts from you?

Remember how the elders and MS followed people around like it was of national security so as to keep the congregation clean?

Remember how only the 'in' crowd received hospital visits and the rest weren't worth their bother?

Remember how special pioneer's stories were always so exciting and fruitful when in fact they had been told to spice up their experience because it was actually boring?

I'm sure I'll think of more.

Mims

• musky
    musky

Larry and Mimilly, I do not remember most of the examples you give. Personally, I have found most J.W.'s to be good people, just misguided, by the society. They just do and think what theyre told, as sad as that sounds. I think most have a good heart and want to help people. The society teaches them to ignore there personal feelings. I remember a few elders that were jerks. It is not because of them or a few other stupid ones that made me stop attending. It was there doctrines only.

• minimus
    minimus

The JW's that were mean only did so because they REALLY believed in what they thought was truth. Most people in general, are pretty good. Most are not mean, hurtful or nasty.This was evidenced in NYC on 9-11. For a parent to stop speaking to their flesh and blood, well, it defies all logic. Is it because these persons are truly mean or is it because they've been basically brainwashed?

• Mimilly
    Mimilly

Minimus and Musky - Perhaps you could read the title of the thread again. The word 'mean' has apostrophes around it. Had Larry meant that ALL JWs were mean, there would be no apostrophes.

Being brainwashed does not sidestep the result of such actions - it's mean.

Musky - If you don't remember them putting the Catholic church down in spades - then you weren't listening very well. Or maybe you were just oblivious to all the crap that was going on around you at the hall and in the homes. (that is not an insult btw)

Mimilly

• Larry
    Larry

Brainwashing - Definitely!

I know when I was in the BORG I felt like those 'mean' JW's, but once I left my heart opened to the world. As I sometimes say when asked why I left the BORG "My love for people outgrew the love the BORG taught me to have."

Actually, it's not even about religion, the behavior has more to do with their lack of self esteem, etc. Be that as it may, it still doesn't excuse their 'mean' behavior. True, each congregation is different, but the few examples cited could all be backed up by personal experiences and quotes from the BORG's publications.

Let me just add -

Remember how the JW's would be happy to talk about the 99% of the worlds population dying at Armageddon?

Remember how JWs would talk about occupying peoples homes after Armageddon?

Remember when we thought Ray Franz was crazy?

If you were an Elder, remember when we wanted to Dfd someone and couldnt do it, unless we resorted to trickery, trying to trick them into admitting something?

I remember when we heard that a sister went to another church. We were burning with anger that she could visit Babylon the Great, so we decided if we could get her to confess that she went to another church we can dfd her for apostasy. We got her to admit it, and ask if she would stop. She said she didnt know and for us to do what we had to do. So we did - We Dfd her. But keep in mind we went into that meeting with a preconceived verdict. Yes, guilty before pronounced guilty. In fact, one of the Elders said, it wasn't good to have these type of people in Jah's organization.

To piggyback on Mins comments - Remember how Elders would follow people and camp out in their cars all night looking for evidence to Dfd folks.

Remember when someone would write a letter to the BOE complaining about an Elder and instead of the BOE investigating the claims/charges they would condemn the person for writing the letter?

This place is about expressing your hurt and pain, and it hurts me that I had that mentality. Sometimes writing about it helps.

Peace - LL

• musky
    musky

Mimilly, Maybe you don't understand the point i was making here. If you want to talk about the mean witneses, then you must also talk about the mean people who fill every church in this world. and all the mean people who don't go to church, or believe in God. I try and see each person for what they are, and not the religeon they are associated with. Also, I don't believe you would try and excuse the guilty molesters among the catholics , would you? Bad people deserve to be put down in "spades" ,if we understand that term the same way. But catholics as a whole are not bad or mean.

I do feel insulted a liitle by your comment that i was "oblivious" to what went on around me. I was raised a witness, so I had been involved for about 22 years or so before i left. Seems to be enough time to make some observations, don't you think ?

• Mimilly
    Mimilly

Musky - I'm sorry for offending you. It certainly was not my intention. And no one on this thread is calling ALL JWs mean. I also try to see each person for what they are. The problem with JWs is the doctrines that enable elders and MS to do very abusive things to people. One of the elders that ultimately hurt me the most, was a very nice man and wanted to help people. He gave into the pressure of the others who were most interested in power. I have also been in many congregations due to my first husband being in the military and in each, I saw these things occur. Certainly not all of them occured, but the abuse of power and the abusive treatment of people in one way or another.

Yes, you were in a long time. What I meant by oblivious was that some people honestly prefer to just see the good, and that's fine. Just because you didn't see these things going on doesn't mean they weren't happening. Those are two possiblities.

I'm glad for you that you didn't have to endure much of the above. And again, I apologize for offending you.

Mimilly

• musky
    musky

Mimilly, No need for apology. Everyone is entitled to there opinion. Makes this board an interesting place. I am sorry to hear that you were hurt by an elder. I did have a few jerk elders, that tried to disfellowship me. I had the decision overturned by 3 other elders. I understand some people can be cold and unfeeling. I force myself to not think about the few stupid people( hard to do sometimes) , just look at the watchtowers doctrine is all to determine the watchtower has problems. Thanks for your reply.

Larry, Sorry to get off your subject . o.k. here goes

Remember how "some" witnesses treated other witnesses like CRAP for no reason!

• Jesika
    Jesika

I am only relating this to MY family so as not to offend anyone. Please keep in mind my family is made up of PO's, reg pios, aux pios,MS's, and anything else I have forgotten--(please excuse me it has been 11yrs since I was "in"), but even to this day my family is made up of these titles.

I remember when---My father bragged that he could keep me in line all the time--(he didn't mention that he severly beat me to do so)

I remember when--In field service my lack of tolerence to heat was ignored--(I was heat sensitive and I live in TX, but me falling to the ground was getting attention in over 100 degrees of heat)

I remember when--I went to the elders (my father was an elder and the elder body--all but 2 were related to me) and told them about the beating I was given for biting my fingernails(I still bite them now), I had up to 36 licks with a leather belt--pants down at the age of 14(fully developed by this time).

I remember sooooooooooooooooo much I would be typing for days, but yes I have to say not all JW's are like this. My family was REALLY hard core and had to set an example in the cong--so me and my sis paid a high price--all in the name of Jehovah.

I remember why I left at 15 and got baptized at 14 to get df'd. 9 months later I got my wish and my first concussion.

JW's mean??? Yes some are, well I think most are because of the way they follow the GB's wishes. Not all are this way, but by the hard core--"spirtually strong", the ones who aren't hard on their children---maybe not to this extent---but they are considered "spiritually weak".

Jesika

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit