Open Letter to the Board

by searcher 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Matty
    Matty

I've felt exactly the same in chat sometimes.

I also have suffered the "boss" problem and have had to exit quickly, maybe appearing rude.

((((((Searcher))))))

• searcher
    searcher

I know I can be over sensitive sometimes, you see..... the photographer story is also true.

I promise to try harder.

searcher.

• jack2
    jack2

Searcher, for me, live chat is like trying to talk in a roomful of people. It can get overwhelming at times.

Like Plum said, there are other avenues. I've used e-mail and Instant Messenger to get to know folks one-on-one if possible, and then I find that when I do go into live chat, it's alot easier.

• Dia
    Dia

Hi Searcher,

Regarding your health, please stop in and visit watercure2.com

It might have a profound effect on you. It has on me.

Best wishes

• Francois
    Francois

Searcher, I've been on this site for over two years and have made nearly 3,000 posts. I don't go to chat very much because most of the time I get ignored unless I flame someone out of sheer frustration. And I don't get too much responses to my posts, either. I don't start many for that purpose.

But I keep on posting for two reasons: one is I hope something I say will get someone out of the JWs, or keep someone out of the JWs; and two: many times I am addressing the governing body of JWs directly, as I know they monitor this site. And then there's the occasional flirting. Man cannot live by debate alone, he must also have flirting.

I urge you to hang around. You've got a sharp mind and I feel I'd enjoy talking to you.

-francois

Edited by - francois on 8 September 2002 8:42:27

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Searcher,

Please don't be so hard on yourself. I think everyone on this board has felt left out or ignored at one time or another. For a while I thought I was a thread killer! But there are also quite a lot of people that pop in and out. I usually only have access at work, and I'm sure there are many others like me, so it makes it difficult to respond in a timely fashion. Please stick around awhile longer. I'm sure you'll see a different side.

• TruckerGB
    TruckerGB

Hi searcher.

I am also one of the nots and never beens here,I find chat daunting as well,mainly because I cant type fast enough!

Dont go please,there are a lot of good people here.

Cheers,

Rich.

• Amazing
    Amazing

HI Searcher: After reading your entire post, I am sorry to see that you decided on the need to leave the forum. Yet, it seems understandable given the trends you experienced. Yet, I see there are also a lot of posts being understanding and asking you to stay. You even received some Farkel humor, which is a compliment. Yet, I see you still request deletion. People reach out and appeal to you, and now you are the one doing the rejecting. So tell me, how does this make things any better, so the the world is a little better off today than yesterday? I feel a bit confused by you. Hope you will change you mind ...

• jgnat
    jgnat

Hi, searcher. I also am a Never-Ex. However, my circumstances means I am butting heads with WT doctrine on a regular basis. This site is a life-saver for me, as it provides the necessary balance to the one-sided pollyanna teaching WTS dishes out in heavy, treacly doses.

I am with you as well, that I would like to make a difference. If I could do one thing, it would be to contribute to the end of the divisive policies at the WTS that cruelly divides families and separates people from their loved ones. I think that is absolutely necessary for an introvert like me to get involved in a good cause, to keep from burying myself in a hole of self-pity. Though I have not experienced disfellowshipping, my life has provided me plenty of experience with manipulation, cruelty, loss, and grief. I am able to sympathize and "put my arm around" the posters I now consider my friends.

About chat. I, too, have sometimes felt like I was completely alone in a crowded room. The best approach is to speak up (which is what I also do in party situations). I have asked my fellow chatters, for instance, if I "smell". It is good for a laugh, and reminds me that I am still part of the human race. Also, keep in mind the time difference. About the time I am ready to type up a storm, everyone else is going to bed. Oops. I mean sleep.

(Amazing, I think searcher is asking Simon to delete this post, not him.)

Edited by - jgnat on 8 September 2002 11:10:45

• searcher
    searcher

Dear All,

Thank you for replying and e-mailing.

Now for the embarrasing bit.

I posted the thread in a fit of depression and, being me, I had to go on and add a rant. I am sorry about that. I really have no genuine gripe about chat, I can see, as pointed out in some of the reply's, that chat can get a bit hectic at times, and I focussed on that to let off steam.

I am calm now and can think straight, and I have realised that I have more friends than I thought, I cannot promise that my ranting is through forever, but it is comforting to know that I am allowed to rant.

Now for the bad news.

I am staying, going to chat and be my idiot self, so there!

Thank You All for your patience with me.

searcher.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit