JR Brown's SORRY statement

by Tanalyst 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Tanalyst
    Tanalyst

"People have absolutely every right to go to the authorities," said J.R. Brown, director of public information. "We are sorry about people feeling overlooked and certainly for the victims."

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/post.asp?id=19&method=post&site=3

Jr Brown - Are you getting ready for the big SPIN on 9/27/02 you'll be delivering to the press?

Quit your damn lieing NOW! The victims were never overlooked! They were ordered Not to talk to anyone about it.They were threatened with disfellowshipment if they spoke out. And you know it!

Yes, you're so big on WORKS, what works has your cult done for your victims.

If your an honest person, on 9/27/02 you'll rewrite that sentence,"We are sorry for threatening JW victims with disfellowshiping when they had a legal right to go to the authorities, and to warn other members in the congregation."

• Francois
    Francois

J.R. Brown is a lying bastard and I hope to be in a position to help all the other folks on this site prove it in the very short term.

Brown and the rest of the WTBTS spin the truth like the apologists for the Clinton administration.

It's just too damned bad that there is NOT a God of the type the Witnesses belive in. He would have struck them all dead a long time ago.

And any decent church would have burned JR Brown into a crispy critter a long time ago.

Finally, I have NO apologies to make for any characterization made in this post. If anyone wishes to take issue with my statement that JR Brown is a lying bastard then delete this post...and the truth about JR Brown and the governing body with it.

Frank

• LDH
    LDH

If he wasn't already black, his nose would be brown.

Lisa

• Monster
    Monster

This is what everyone wants right? He at least gave that. Now let's see if he gives it during the march. An apology face to face with the victims would be very nice.

Peace James.

• abbagail
    abbagail

LOL@Lisa!

Frank, love your FRANKness! Tell it like it is!

James: It's like Tanalyst said, that was a half-A** apology, watered down by saying the victims were merely "overlooked." Overlooked my foot! -- But sure, if the WTS gives an HONEST apology, as described by Tanalyst: sorry for not believing you, sorry for believing the pedophile instead, sorry for assuming you "asked for it," or you misunderstood the pedophile's intentions; sorry we silenced you and told you not to go to the police, not to seek help outside of the cong, not to warn other cong members there was a pedophile in our midst; sorry we df'd you when you didn't listen to us, etc. etc. Now THAT is more like a REAL apology, not a whimpy-A** apology of no real substance.

Grits

• RR
    RR
    And any decent church would have burned JR Brown into a crispy critter a long time ago.

er ... he's already a crispy critter

• Farkel
    Farkel

Frank,

: J.R. Brown is a lying bastard and I hope to be in a position to help all the other folks on this site prove it in the very short term.

He doesn't need any help from you, me or anyone else. He has the shovel and he's digging his proverbial grave as fast as he can. On his own.

Save your energy, brother. He doesn't need any help. He's perfectly capable of making himself the total asshole, lying sack of shit that he is on his own, thank you.

Farkel
    Go Gentle on the Liars and Let Them Bury Themselves Class

• Swan
    Swan

I caught that statement too. Typical spin. It's not an apology at all. What the reporters need to ask is why when elders called them they were told to cover it up if they were just overlooked? They need to ask if it was overlooked, then why do the keep a database of over 20,000 names of perps? You don't enter all of that data into a database to overlook it.

• Monster
    Monster

Hey Grits

It would be GREAT! for the GB members to give an apology (like the one you describe). But if the GB membes are anything like what I have read here, the statement above is the cloesest an apology the survivors will receive from them. I am going to watch and see if any of them actually come out and face the survivors.

Earlier I called them "victims" but after all they have gone through with the WTBS or the Elders in their local KH's and having the courage to leave I see them as being survivors.

Peace James.

• abbagail
    abbagail

Hi James, Yes! I would like to "have faith" that the GB WILL come out and face the lambs on 9-27-02, AND give a true heartfelt apology. But I'm not getting my hopes up.

I thought Swan's questions were excellent and should be sent to all newspapers everywhere along with JR's statement.

And, I agree with you 100% that "victims" should more rightly be referred to as "survivors"!

Grits

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit