could your son be gay???

by searchfothetruth 49 Replies latest jw friends

• searchfothetruth
    searchfothetruth

How would you react if doctors come up with a test that could determine if your son would turn out to be gay when he grows up?

How would you react? I personally, having two young sons myself, would not want to know.

Is this my indoctrination coming out here??

Edited by - searchfothetruth on 7 September 2002 19:49:36

• ISP
    ISP

I think a lot of 'gay' behaviour is developed and is a result of many variables. Not sure it could be predicted!

ISP

• searchfothetruth
    searchfothetruth

Yeah, I think people turn gay as a lifestyle choice, I don't agree that people are born gay. Do you?

• minimus
    minimus

The answer is plain and simple: NO!!! I do not have a son. I do believe some are gay of their own choosing and some are gay because they are.

• searchfothetruth
    searchfothetruth

There Gay because they are but they arent born gay, how figure?

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

If they could predict anything about my chid I would want to know.

Regardless, I would love my child exactly the way he was born to be.

My son is 15 right now and he likes girls. But I swear if he didnt, I would love him the same, and would stand by whatever choice he made. Same is true for my daughter. I guess the one thing that has come out of the shitty way my dad has treated me is this,,,,,,,,,, I will never stop loving my kids , no matter what , as long as they are happy and don't hurt others on purpose , I will treasure them. My dad always hated gay people and it made me sick that he was so self righteous. I guess I never fit the mold of a true JW, I should have seen me leaving it sooner, too many things I never agreed with. My mom was a free spirit and taught me one thing.......... Live and let live....

• minimus
    minimus

SOME are gay because they CHOOSE to be. Others, I believe, are gay because they are....it is natural for them.

• freedom96
    freedom96

I absolutely believe that some are "born" gay, and definately some "choose".

My mom was working with a man one time several years ago, apparently really good looking, and my mom asked him, he certainly could have his choice among many beautiful women, why was he gay. He simply replied "Do you think I choose to be this way? Do you think I choose to be laughed at, picked on etc?"

So, yes, in my opinion, some choose, some don't. I've learned to be non judgmental about others, not like that being in the "truth" where everyone is judged.

• Mimilly
    Mimilly

I have seen a great many documentary's that show some biological link to homosexuality. There may be a small percent who 'choose' to be gay. The majority does not make such a choice. Just as being hetero is natural to you and I, so homo is natural to a gay person.

So long as my child has good self esteem and is happy - I would not care if he/she was gay.

I noticed in your line of questioning you pointed towards 'son', but not 'child' or 'daughter'. Yes, indoctrination or plain prejudice is showing itself. If you would withdraw your love for your child in any way for any reason - it smacks of dubdom.

Mimilly

• searchfothetruth
    searchfothetruth

I was just thinking that it is strange with so many beautiful women in the world that someone would turn gay, but i totally agree with LYINEYES that we must live and let live, even if that is the only thing that we learn about life outside of the organisation.

The society teach us intollerance and that was the point I was trying to make, although not very well!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit