Upcoming Holidays- Celebrating in Secret

by Vitameatavegamin 23 Replies latest jw friends

• outnfree
    outnfree

Vita,

Do you have an upstairs den or guest room or a basement family room that you could decorate to the hilt with tree, etc?

Just a thought.

out

• wednesday
    wednesday

Well i guess i must have been the dumbest JW ever-but our family always celebrated thanksgivng. Now we didn't call it that, it was dinner (we have to eat-and all those turkeys on sale!). I would always find myself spending a lot of money at Xmas time-buying gifts for myself and everybody. Beleive it or not, no one ever said anything to us about the thanksgivng thing-although last couple of years my brother would make a snide remak about "having thnaksging dinner?".At work i started particapating in stuff-hell, no one cares if if ever come back to the hall. they haven't called on us in years.We still occ. attend a meeting. Also now that i am a new garandma(a young and cute one too :)) i find myself buying birthdays(cause my kids hate JWs and have wasted no time doing anything they wanted to). The real problem is my husband-he jsut can't leave this org. it is all we've ever known and he still beleives it is the truth despite the hurt they have casued in our lives. talk about catch 22 or a rock and hard place?

But u know i think it is ok to have thanksgivng dindner with a relative if u dont want to stumble them. lol

• mamashel
    mamashel

I'm with you xena. NO MORE SECRETS!!!

They talk about everything else I do, so whay not give them a big fat Christmas Tree to talk about.

Its the most wonderful time of the year, noel, noel, here comes santa clause, here comes santa clause, oops got carried away, anyway you get the point, have fun.

mamashel

• bittersweet
    bittersweet

hey vita,

I totally know what you're going through.I am still"technically" in,so I could get in trouble too.Almost all my family are jw,so I really can't afford to da myself yet,or maybe I just don't have the courage yet.I celebrate everything at work with my friends,go to x-mas parties and all that...I just am careful that my family doesn't find out.

One thing I did last year because I was feeling a little blue about not being able to decorate for the holidays and stuff...I started a collection of snowmen and put them all over the house with fake snow...what cold my husband and kids say?It was a winter theme after all.Plus I got to keep it up all winter long! that was my way of comprimising.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit