Upcoming Holidays- Celebrating in Secret

by Vitameatavegamin 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Vitameatavegamin
    Vitameatavegamin

Hi all-

With Autumn in the air, my thoughts start turning to the holidays ahead. Are any of you doing Christmas or Thanksgiving?

I do, but I have to be so careful, incase any JW family would happen to drop by. Last year, I had to hide small decors around the

house when I knew Jw's were coming over. I wish I could put up the biggest Christmas tree I could find and all the decors I wanted, but

then if I did, it would really get fried by the JWs for it. I wish this Org. did not rob you of your freedom so much. I am tired of the games.

By the way, I researched Thanksgiving and there is not one shred of evidence that it has any bad history whatsoever. So, why are JWs

against it anyway??

Just what's on my mind I guess. Let me know what you're plans are this year!

Love Vita

• happy2b
    happy2b

Hi ya!

Are you still active as a jw? Why not ds yourself? I did almost 4 years ago, and it's so much better not sneaking around. No guilt. We started celebrating as soon as we were out. It was funny, because since we were both raised as jw's, it was all new to us. But, we have a blast and decorate like crazy!!!! It's refreshing. If you wanna talk more, you can email me at [email protected]

My computer has been down, so I'm just now getting back online. Nice to meet you!!!

happy2b OUT!

Sharon

• ugg
    ugg

"thanks giving"

people are not really thankful,,,they just want a day off...they use this
    day for gluttony,,,drunkeness,,,worldily activities such as sports and
    violence...

once a year people give thanks to god,,,,you should be thankful every day!!

this is the basic witness thinking...it is no wonder that people suffer
    from depression...my god,,,EVERYTHING is evil, everyone is evil,,,there
    is nothing that is not a sin..."SHUDDER"

• Swan
    Swan

Dear Vita & Happy;

I started celebrating when I joined a support group for a medical condition I had. They had theme dinners and such. I didn't celebrate at home though until I met my husband. He does the holidays BIG TIME (he is a lot like Tim Allen with the Xmas lights) and I now find that I enjoy them too.

Just remember it's:

Happy Halloween

Happy Thanksgiving (also Happy Turkey Day is acceptable)

Merry Christmas

Happy Holidays

Happy New Year

They look at you strangely when you get your Happys and Merrys mixed up.

Tammy

• Vitameatavegamin
    Vitameatavegamin

Hi Happy2B-

I am inactive and have been off and on for about 13 years. But, I am completely inactive now. And I still have family that is

Jw and it would just cause a big family mess if I was DFd. Maybe I am just too scared yet to take that step, if I ever could.

By the way, nice to meet you too!

Thanks for you're reply!

Vita

• imanaliento
    imanaliento

You shouldn't be afraid of what man might do to you.

I scripture a ran across recently was found in the New International Version:

Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, with regard to a Religious Festival, a new moon celebration or a Sabbath day.

The New World Translation takes out the religious festival.

• Xena
    Xena

My new motto:

NO MORE SECRETS!

they shun me anyway...hell I am going to start enjoying life to the fullest...

we are gonnaaaa decorate this year! My daughter and I are already starting to gear up for Halloween!

• nancee park
    nancee park

The Watchtower Society says Christ was likely born about Oct 2, so why ignore counting back 9
    months for normal conception or genetic-level birth means he was born in late
    December? Why insist Christmas is from the pagan Saturnalia when John 10:22-3
    says Christ also celebrated the Festival of Dedication or Lights, i.e.
    Hannukah, which first began Dec 25 but has varied since because lunar-based?
    Job 1:3, 3:1-3 show Job's kids celebrated birthdays if you read all 3 verses to
    see day of birth is meant. At Luke 2 angels themselves celebrated Christ's
    birth. Santa is from Saint Nicholas, an actual red-robed Christian gift-giving
    elder of the Middle Ages, not a wizard or pagan god. The word Easter may as
    easily be from the Anglo-Saxon word eastern (Christianity came from East of
    England) as from the goddess Eastre, the eggs as likely from the Jewish
    passover egg as from paganry, common sense saying early Christians more likely
    using eggs and rabbits to symbolize the hope for new life by resurrection than
    as vesiges of pagan fertility or sex rites!

Halloween came from All Hallows (Holy Ones/Saints) Evening when parents had
    children dress as saints to encourage them to be good, the normally harmless
    pranks coming from Ireland where maybe or maybe not taken from pagans even as
    wedding rings, names of days, months, some Christian names in the Bible like
    Apollos and Jason also came from pagans. Why does the WTS call compromises
    holidays that attacked and replaced paganisms especially since Colossians 2:16
    says let none judge you about a holiday or Sabbaths? WTS calls a cross a
    repugnant murder weapon but Paul said boast in it as a symbol of resurrection
    over death. (Ga 6:14, 1Cor 1:17-18) They say it was a stake but human remains
    and inscriptions show archaeologists the stauros was a cross not stake, Dr F
    Zugibe's research shows suffocation would be in minutes if on a stake but in
    hours if on outstretched cross per Lu 23:44 and Mat 27:45-6, and the word
    stauros can mean not just stake but cross.

Although almost only the United Pentecostals teach that Jesus is God Almighty
    (Jehovah) Himself, WTS says the Trinity is believing Father, Son, Spirit are
    one "identical" person and falsely say most all Protestant and Catholic
    churches teach that, even though the fact is that most all other Protestant and
    Catholic groups accept the trinity idea as being three totally different
    entities or persons forming one "Godship" (Ro 1:20), Son and Spirit sharing
    inherited age, power, knowledge from God just as an acorn may be only one day
    old but also have its genes inheriting its ancestral oak tree's age, capacity
    and information!

There are many nice Jehovah's Witnesses (JWs) but the top Governing Body of the Watchtower Society (WTS) leaders, and most local WTS elders cover up child molestation, let JW pedophiles go
    door-to-door, get at victims at get-togethers or Bible Studies,(http://www.silentlambs.org or toll-free 1 877-WT-ABUSE), don't tell rank-and-file about being a Non-Governmental Organization in the UN 1991-2001 though preaching against the U.N., etc. This shows a handcuffed UK pedophile
    elder:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/uk/england/newsid_2123000/2123546.stm

And WTS leaks state that over 23,000 JW pedophiles are on file at WTS Bethel
    headquarters in Brooklyn, New York (USA), most unrevealed to police despite
    Romans 13:1. At least one pedophile was on the WTS Governing Body in the 1980s

if not now also as
    documented:http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=5466&site=3
    Convicted Ministerial Servant/Elder pedophiles include Gregory Blackstone at
    Hollis, New Hampshire; Larry Baker at Augusta, Maine; Tim Gardner at Richmond,
    Missouri; Manual Beliz at Othello, WA;
    others in France, Norway, Australia etc

WTS Awake and Watchtower magazines and elders say God opposes the UN but, until
    exposed, in 1991-2001 the WTS was secretly a formal UN associate not just to
    use the UN's library as proved if you read the Nov 22, 1998 Awake magazine and
    use Search at the top at jehovahs-witness.org with "UN" or "U.N." Besides, the
    UN does not even require a group to become an official associate group to get a
    card to use its library! After this was on the internet the official U.N. ties
    were cut but not all unofficial ties:
    http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=34436&site=3

Christ said families would be split by those doing right and those doing wrong
    but WTS has formal Judicial Committees destroying families via numerous formal
    renderings of disfellowshipment (severe shunning). 1 Cor 6:1 only says judge
    "trivial" things as in business, James 2:4-13 calls judging harmful, and Paul
    says the "majority" (2 Cor 2:6) followed his advice to shun a wrongdoer,
    meaning a Minority chose not to and yet he nowhere condemns them.

Acts 15:20 says abstain from blood but 1 Sam 14:32-5 says Saul's army ate
    unBLED meat to not starve and no verses show God not forgiving them. Christ
    says God also forgave David's eating temple holy bread and that God wants Mercy
    Not Sacrifice. (Mt 12) The May 22, 1994 Awake tells of 26 JW kids who died
    without transfusions, and by common sense in massive bleeding as in car wrecks
    blood expanders won't save lives http://www.ajwrb.org. About 3 JWs die daily
    earthwide from the unscriptural policy! (Blood On The Altar by David Reed) Yet
    most normal identical twins transfuse whole blood to each other through a
    shared placenta and childrens' whole blood is sometimes found in mothers years
    after birth.

Although almost only the United Pentecostals teach that Jesus is God Almighty
    (Jehovah) Himself, WTS says the Trinity is believing Father, Son, Spirit are
    one "identical" person and falsely say most all Protestant and Catholic
    churches teach that, even though the fact is that most all other Protestant and
    Catholic groups accept the trinity idea as being three totally different
    entities or persons forming one "Godship" (Ro 1:20), Son and Spirit sharing
    inherited age, power, knowledge from God just as an acorn may be only one day
    old but also have its genes inheriting its ancestral oak tree's age, capacity
    and information!

Members are told report on each other although the Bible condemns busy-bodying.
    Nor are regular JWs allowed to read Judicial Committee "sin files" on
    themselves, many not knowing they exist often with misinformation and kept at
    Brooklyn's Bethel headquarters even if destroyed locally after seven years.
    Page 232 in the Insight book shows a picture of the Pay Attention To Yourselves
    And All The Flock book that elders have but do not allow non-elders to read.
    Page 302 in the Daniel book and pages 88 and 651 in the Proclaimers book show
    photos of the Knights Templar swords and the cross-with-crown-and-wreath used
    by Masons who sometimes use "Theocratic Warfare" tactics to change members'
    personalities and fight real/imagined opposers ((AID Book, Insight book under
    "Lies"; Watchtower June 1, 1960, p 352) on early WTS literature. Not
    surprisingly with the pedophile and other scandals, many good JWs have also
    complained of visual and electronic spying and harassment, including
    physically! Some old WT books also have the winged sun god Ra on front covers -
    never a Christian symbol.

Many Jehovah's Witnesses staying JWs are cutting time and money given the WTS
    which is declared "apostate" by silentlambs.org for endangering children, the
    secret U.N. liason etc. Many exJWs meet for fun (http://exjw.meetup.com/), get
    a newsletter from a fellowship united by love which is greater than forced same
    beliefs (Col 3:14, http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jahchristian/), join a church
    etc. With the failed end-time prophecies etc, most former JWs posting at
    http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.aspx?id=36020&site=3 believe
    fanatics in the WTS could possibly do something of an "Armageddon" style
    mentality. This was written out of love for JW families and friends and the
    public's kids - yours too! Please help silentlambs.org (1 877-WT-ABUSE) battle
    for the kids (and adults) by making and distributing more copies of this today!

• alfie
    alfie

Holidays? You betcha!! Did last year, will this year too. My attitude is the same toward the WTBS as it was to my family when I got goofy and became a winess, "It's my life and I'll do as I want thank you very much.

CIAO4NIAO!!

alfie

• CFree
    CFree

My reaction would be to say just go for it with decorations etc but we all know what the "pressure" from the JWs can be like. I am d'fd so don't give a monkeys what any JW thinks about me celebrating xmas etc. I never forget not long after my daughter was born (about a year after I had been d'fd) my mother made a rare visit to see us (my daughter mainly - good excuse). It was near xmas and the tree was up. She walked in the living room and said "if I'd known that was here I wouldn't have come over". Isn't it all so pathetic - it's a tree for goodness sake!!! Would she honestly have let a tree (fake one too!) stop her from seeing her grandaughter?! She opted to stay and continue the visit tho (without looking at the tree of course!).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit