GOOD NEWS

by UnDisfellowshipped 15 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Brummie
    Brummie

Kes salvation is not dependant on us, it is the free gift of God in Christ. Perhpas I misunderstood your post but it seems to imply that it is dependant on what we do rather than what God has already done for us on the cross (torture stake whatever).

Titus says "not by works of righteousness" so it isnt earned on the basis of what we do now or in the future.

You say that "We are not saved the 'instant' we put all our faith, hope and trust in Jesus"

That is opposed to the Scriptures cited by UD.

When do you believe we are saved? at what point do we pass from death to life according to Scripture?

Brummie

PS: I am probably up on my posting limit so will get back to you when I can.

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

Kes said:

You are very close.. dear one.

The answer is in the scripture you quoted... Titus 3:4-6. We are not saved the 'instant' we put all our faith, hope and trust in Jesus. We are saved by the "washing of regeneration and renewing in Holy Spirit." Holy Spirit is the "living water" that bubbles up inside us to give everlasting life. Anyone who is thirsty may drink of this water, for such water our Father and his Son give freely (John 4:14; Revelation 21:6, 7).

Once you drink that water, as long as that water remains in you, everlasting life dwells inside you. Even if you were to fall asleep in the flesh, you would not recognize it for your spirit will be FULL of life. You would not see Death like the rest of man who already died, but you would be kept alive forever (John 5:24; Revelation 6:10, 11).

I agree that we are saved by the "washing of regeneration and renewing in Holy Spirit."

However, when does the Holy Spirit come into your heart and save you?

The moment you truly sincerely believe in Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior.

And then, once you have already been saved, the Holy Spirit continues to constantly mold and shape you into being more like Christ, and to have the "fruits of the Spirit".

Here is a Scripture that shows that Salvation happens the moment that you put your faith in Christ Jesus:

Luke 23:42: He [the thief on the cross next to Jesus] said to Jesus, "Lord, remember me when You come into Your Kingdom."
    Luke 23:43: Jesus said to him, "Most truly I tell you, today you will be with Me in Paradise."

You see, if that thief was not saved at the moment he believed in Christ, then how would he get to go to Paradise and be with Christ that very day, after they both died?

Also, an important fact is that the thief was saved without doing ANY of the following things:

1. Being Baptized in Water
    2. Partaking of the Lord's Supper
    3. Going to Church
    4. Participating in any Religious Ceremonies
    5. Doing any "Good Works"
    6. Going Door-To-Door Preaching.

That goes along perfectly with the following Verse:

Acts 16:30: ..."Sirs, what must I do to be saved?"
    Acts 16:31: They [Paul and Silas] said, "Believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved, you and your household."

Amen!

Edited by - UnDisfellowshipped on 14 February 2003 6:33:51

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped
    GOOD NEWS FOR EVERYONE!

Because of Adam's original sin (eating the forbidden fruit)....

You are a sinner. I am a sinner. Everyone is a sinner.

We all sin many, many times each day, quite often without even knowing it.

I sin a lot.

Just what is sin?

As one example, sin is any time that you do anything that is not lawful under the 10 Commandments.

That includes even lusting after a woman (or man) in your heart, and it also includes thinking bad or mean thoughts against someone else.

Sin also includes all of the times when you should have done something, but you did not.

According to God's absolute perfect Justice, the punishment for just one sin is DEATH and ETERNAL SEPARATION FROM GOD.

So, each and every human being on Earth is under a Death Sentence from God Himself.

This doesn't sound like "good news", does it?

So, are we doomed?

NO!

Now, here comes the GOOD NEWS!

Jesus Christ, God Almighty Himself, who created all of us, willingly decided to come to Earth and Sacrifice His own Life to make a "Once-For-All-Time" Atonement to God the Father!

When Jesus Christ died a humiliating, painful death on the Cross, God the Father transferred ALL of the sins of every human who has ever existed and ever will exist (who puts their faith in Jesus) onto Jesus Christ.

Jesus had ALL of your sins placed on Him (even the sins that you have not yet committed), and Jesus willingly received your punishment of death that you deserved!

If YOU were the ONLY person on Earth that needed to be saved, Jesus loves YOU so much, that He would have come to Earth to die for YOU ALONE!

Then, after 3 days, Jesus rose from the dead and went to Heaven to be with the Father!

Now, if someone who puts their faith in Jesus Christ sins, God the Father immediately applies the Blood of Christ to your sin and blots that sin out (if you are repentant) and declares you righteous, because 2,000 years ago, that sin was already paid for by Jesus Christ on the Cross!

Does that mean that all people are saved?

NO!

The Bible makes it clear that ONLY those who believe in and put all their trust in Jesus Christ as Savior, Lord, and Son of God, and His Sacrifice, will be saved!

Who is Good?

Romans 3:10: according as it has been written, "There is not a righteous one, not even one!"

Who has Sinned?

Romans 3:23: for all have sinned and fall short of the Glory of God

Where did Sin came from?

Romans 5:12: Because of this, even as sin entered the world through one man (Adam), and death through sin, so also death passed to all men, inasmuch as all sinned.

God's Punishment for Sin

Romans 6:23: For the wages of sin is death...

Who Paid The Price and Who Suffered the Punishment instead of us?

Romans 5:8: but God commends His love to us in this, that we being yet sinners, Christ died for us.

The Only Way Out of Receiving the Punishment of Death and Eternal Separation from God:

Romans 10:9: Because if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.
    Romans 10:10: For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth one confesses unto salvation.

Romans 10:13: For everyone, "whoever may call on the Name of the Lord will be saved."

You can take God at His Word and claim His promise for your Salvation -- If you truly, sincerely, absolutely believe in Jesus Christ as your Savior and Lord, Pray to God and Repent of your sins, ask God for forgiveness, and tell Jesus Christ that you believe in Him and His Sacrifice, and ask Jesus Christ to come into your heart and to be the Lord of your life!

Edited by - UnDisfellowshipped on 15 February 2003 3:26:44

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

I forgot to add something...

No matter what sins you have committed in the past -- whether you have been a murderer, a molester, a rapist, a thief, a liar, an adulterer, a fornicator, a blasphemer -- WHATEVER SINS you have committed in the past, will be forgiven by Jesus Christ, if you REPENT and put ALL of your faith, hope, and trust in Him and His Sacrifice.

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

bttt

Also, here are some very good Websites where you can read the Bible Free:

http://www.blueletterbible.org

http://www.crosswalk.com

http://www.e-sword.net

http://www.emtvonline.com/

• Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.
    Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.

Boy, was I ever wrong about your Freedom post - you did miss out on quoting a few striptures from the new pestament - but don't worry - you managed to list them here. Do you work as a scribe?

Remember - cheeses can guide you from the darkness to the light.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit