GOOD NEWS

by UnDisfellowshipped 15 Replies latest watchtower bible

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

THE GOSPEL OF SALVATION -- THE GOOD NEWS OF GOD!

All Scriptures below are from the "Literal Translation of the Holy Bible" (Go here for information about this Bible Translation: http://www.kconline.com/paul/litv/litv.htm )

You can see clearly below that the Watchtower Society IS NOT teaching the TRUE GOSPEL OF CHRIST:

Who is Good?

Romans 3:10: according as it has been written, "There is not a righteous one, not even one!"

Who has Sinned?

Romans 3:23: for all sinned and fall short of the Glory of God

Where did Sin came from?

Romans 5:12: Because of this, even as sin entered the world through one man (Adam), and death through sin, so also death passed to all men, inasmuch as all sinned.

God's Price On Sin

Romans 6:23: For the wages of sin is death...

Who Paid The Price?

Romans 5:8: but God commends His love to us in this, that we being yet sinners, Christ died for us.

The Only Way Out:

Romans 10:9: Because if you confess the Lord Jesus with your mouth, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.
    Romans 10:10: For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth one confesses unto salvation.

Romans 10:13: For everyone, "whoever may call on the Name of the Lord will be saved."

You can take God at His Word and claim His promise for your Salvation -- Pray to God and Repent of your sins, ask God for forgiveness, and tell Jesus Christ that you believe in Him and His Sacrifice, and ask Jesus Christ to come into your heart and to be the Lord of your life!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Luke 2:10: And the angel said to them, Do not fear. For, behold, I proclaim Good News to you, a great joy, which will be to all people,
    Luke 2:11: because today a Savior, who is Christ the Lord, was born to you in the City of David.

Mark 1:14: ....Jesus came into Galilee proclaiming the Gospel of the Kingdom of God,
    Mark 1:15: and saying, The time has been fulfilled, and the Kingdom of God draws near. Repent and believe in the Gospel.

2nd Timothy 1:8: Then do not be ashamed of the Testimony of our Lord, nor of me, His prisoner. But suffer hardship with the Gospel, according to the power of God,
    2nd Timothy 1:9: the One having saved us and having called us with a Holy Calling, not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace given to us in Christ Jesus before eternal times,
    2nd Timothy 1:10: but now revealed through the appearance of our Savior, Jesus Christ, indeed making death of no effect, bringing life and incorruptibility to light through the Gospel,
    2nd Timothy 1:11: for which I was appointed a herald and Apostle and a teacher of nations.

Romans 1:16: For I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation to everyone believing, both to Jew first, and to Greek;
    Romans 1:17: for in it the righteousness of God is revealed from Faith to Faith; even as it has been written, "But the just shall live by Faith." (See Habakkuk 2:4)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JESUS CHRIST DIED FOR YOUR SINS:

John 3:1: But there was a man from the Pharisees, Nicodemus his name, a Ruler of the Jews.
    John 3:2: This one came to Jesus by night and said to Him, Rabbi, we know that You have come as a Teacher from God. For no one is able to do these miraculous signs which You do, except God be with Him.
    John 3:3: Jesus answered and said to him, Truly, truly, I say to you, If one is not Generated (Born) from above, he is not able to see the Kingdom of God.
    John 3:4: Nicodemus said to Him, How is a man able to be generated (born), being old? He is not able to enter into his mother's womb a second time and be born?
    John 3:5: Jesus answered, Truly, truly, I say to you, If one is not Generated (Born) out of Water and Spirit, he is not able to enter into the Kingdom of God.
    John 3:6: That having been generated (born) out of the flesh is flesh, and that having been Generated (Born) out of the Spirit is spirit.
    John 3:7: Do not wonder because I said to you, You must be Generated (Born) from above.
    John 3:8: The Spirit breathes where He desires, and you hear His voice; but you do not know from where He comes, and where He goes; so is everyone having been Generated (Born) from the Spirit.
    John 3:9: Nicodemus answered and said to Him, How are these things able to occur?
    John 3:10: Jesus answered and said to him, You are the Teacher of Israel, and you do not know these things?
    John 3:11: Truly, truly, I say to you, That which we know, we speak; and that which we have seen, we testify. And you do not receive our Testimony.
    John 3:12: If I tell you Earthly things, and you do not believe, how will you believe if I tell you Heavenly things?
    John 3:13: And no one has gone up into Heaven, except He having come down out of Heaven, the Son of Man who is in Heaven.
    John 3:14: And even as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, so must the Son of Man be lifted up,
    John 3:15: that everyone believing into Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
    John 3:16: For God so loved the world that He gave His Only Begotten Son, that everyone believing into Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
    John 3:17: For God did not send His Son into the world that He might judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him.
    John 3:18: The one believing into Him is not condemned; but the one not believing has already been condemned, for he has not believed into the Name of the Only Begotten Son of God.
    John 3:19: And this is the judgment, that the Light has come into the world, and men loved the darkness more than the Light, for their works were evil.
    John 3:20: For everyone practicing wickedness hates the Light, and does not come to the Light, that his works may not be exposed.
    John 3:21: But the one doing the truth comes to the Light, that his works may be revealed, that they exist, having been worked in God.

Matthew 20:28: Even as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His Life a Ransom for many.

Luke 24:44: And He said to them, These are the Words which I spoke to you yet being with you, that all the things must be fulfilled having been written in the Law of Moses, and the Prophets, and the Psalms, concerning Me.
    Luke 24:45: Then He opened up their mind to understand the Scriptures,
    Luke 24:46: and said to them, So it is written, and so the Christ must suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day.
    Luke 24:47: And repentance and remission of sins must be preached on His Name to all the nations, beginning from Jerusalem.
    Luke 24:48: And you are witnesses of these things.
    Luke 24:49: And, behold, I send forth the Promise of My Father on you. But you sit in the City of Jerusalem until you are clothed with power from on high.
    Luke 24:50: He led them out as far as to Bethany. And lifting up His hands, He blessed them.
    Luke 24:51: And it happened as He blessed them, He withdrew from them and was carried into Heaven.
    Luke 24:52: And worshiping Him, they returned to Jerusalem with great joy,
    Luke 24:53: and were continually in the Temple, praising and blessing God. Amen.

Acts 17:2: And according to Paul's custom, he went in to them and reasoned with them from the Scriptures on three Sabbaths,
    Acts 17:3: opening and setting forth that the Christ must have suffered, and to have risen from the dead, and that this is the Christ, Jesus, whom I announce to you.

Ephesians 5:2: and walk in love, even as Christ also loved us and gave Himself for us, an Offering and a Sacrifice to God for an odor of a sweet smell.

1st Thessalonians 5:9: because God has not appointed us to wrath, but for obtaining salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ,
    1st Thessalonians 5:10: He dying on our behalf, so that whether we watch or we sleep, we may live together with Him.

JESUS CHRIST'S SACRIFICE WAS VOLUNTARY:

Isaiah 53:12: Because of this I will divide to Him with the great, and with the strong He shall divide the spoil; because He poured out His Soul to death; and He was counted with those transgressing; and He bore the sin of many, and made intercession for those transgressing.

Matthew 26:53: Or do you think that I am not able now to call on My Father, and He will place beside Me more than twelve legions of angels?

John 10:17: For this reason My Father loves Me, because I lay down My Life, that I may take it again.
    John 10:18: No one takes it from Me, but I lay it down from Myself. I have authority to lay it down, and I have authority to take it again. I received this Commandment from My Father.

SALVATION AND ETERNAL LIFE IS BY BELIEVING THAT JESUS CHRIST IS THE CHRIST (MESSIAH), THE LORD, AND THE SON OF GOD, AND BY FAITH IN JESUS CHRIST'S SACRIFICE, AND BY REPENTING OF YOUR SINS:

Hebrews 11:1: Now Faith is the essence of things being hoped, the evidence of things not having been seen.

John 1:12: But as many as received Him, to them He gave authority to become children of God, to the ones believing into His Name,
    John 1:13: who were Born not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but were Born of God.

John 10:27: My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me.
    John 10:28: And I give eternal life to them, and they shall not perish to the age, never! And not anyone shall pluck them out of My hand.
    John 10:29: My Father who has given them to Me is greater than all, and no one is able to pluck out of My Father's hand.
    John 10:30: I and the Father are One!

John 11:25: Jesus said to her, I am the Resurrection and the Life. The one believing into Me, though he die, he shall live.
    John 11:26: And everyone living and believing into Me shall not die to the age, never! Do you believe this?
    John 11:27: She said to Him, Yes, Lord, I have believed that You are the Christ, the Son of God who comes into the world.

John 12:44: But Jesus cried out and said, The one believing into Me does not believe into Me, but into the One sending Me.
    John 12:45 And the one seeing Me sees the One who sent Me.
    John 12:46: I have come as a Light to the world, that everyone who believes into Me may not remain in the darkness.
    John 12:47: And if anyone hears My Words and does not believe, I do not judge him; for I did not come that I might judge the world, but that I might save the world.
    John 12:48: The one who rejects Me and does not receive My Words has that judging him: the Word which I spoke, that will judge him in the last Day.
    John 12:49: For I did not speak from Myself, but He who sent Me, the Father, He has given Me Command, what I should say, and what I should speak.
    John 12:50: And I know that His Command is everlasting life. Then what things I speak, as the Father has said to Me, so I speak.

Galatians 3:22: But the Scripture locked up all under sin, that the promise by Faith of Jesus Christ might be given to the ones believing.
    Galatians 3:23: But before the coming of Faith, we were guarded under Law, having been locked up to the Faith being about to be revealed.
    Galatians 3:24: So that the Law has become a trainer of us until Christ, that we might be justified by Faith.
    Galatians 3:25: But Faith coming, we are no longer under a trainer;
    Galatians 3:26: for you are all sons of God through Faith in Christ Jesus.
    Galatians 3:27: For as many as were Baptized into Christ, you put on Christ.
    Galatians 3:28: There cannot be Jew nor Greek, there is no slave nor freeman, there is no male and female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus.
    Galatians 3:29: And if you are of Christ, then you are a seed of Abraham, even heirs according to promise.

Acts 16:30: And leading them outside, he said, Sirs, what must I do that I may be saved?
    Acts 16:31: And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved, you and your household.

Acts 2:36: Then assuredly, let all the house of Israel acknowledge that God made Him both Lord and Christ, this same Jesus whom you crucified.
    Acts 2:37: And hearing, they were stabbed in the heart, and said to Peter and the rest of the Apostles, Men, brothers, What shall we do?
    Acts 2:38: And Peter said to them, Repent and be baptized, each of you on the Name of Jesus Christ to remission of sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.
    Acts 2:39: For the promise is to you and to your children, and to all those afar off, as many as the Lord our God shall call.
    Acts 2:40: And with many other Words he earnestly testified and exhorted, saying, Be saved from this perverse generation.

Acts 4:12: and there is salvation in no other One, for neither is there any other name under Heaven having been given among men by which we must be saved.

Acts 13:39: And everyone believing in this One is justified from all things which you could not be justified by the Law of Moses.

Acts 8:35: And opening his mouth, and beginning from this Scripture, Philip announced the Gospel of Jesus to him.
    Acts 8:36: And as they were going along the highway they came on some water. And the eunuch said, Behold, water! What prevents me to be Baptized?
    Acts 8:37: And Philip said, If you believe from all the heart, it is lawful. And answering he said, I believe Jesus Christ to be the Son of God.
    Acts 8:38: And he commanded the chariot to stand still. And both went down into the water, both Philip and the eunuch; and he Baptized him.

Acts 15:9: And He made distinction in nothing between both us and them, having purified their hearts by Faith.

Acts 26:18: to open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the authority of Satan to God, in order that they may receive remission of sins, and an inheritance among those being sanctified by Faith in Me.

Romans 5:1: Then being justified by Faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ,
    Romans 5:2: through whom also we have had access by Faith into this grace in which we stand, and we glory on the hope of the Glory of God.
    Romans 5:3: And not only so, but we glory also in afflictions, knowing that affliction works out patience,
    Romans 5:4: and patience works out proven character; and proven character, hope.
    Romans 5:5: And the hope does not put us to shame, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts through the Holy Spirit given to us;
    Romans 5:6: for we yet being without strength, in due time Christ died for ungodly ones.
    Romans 5:7: For with difficulty one will die for a just one, (for perhaps one even dares to die for the sake of the good one),
    Romans 5:8: but God commends His love to us in this, that we being yet sinners, Christ died for us.
    Romans 5:9: Much more then, being justified now by His Blood, we shall be saved from the wrath through Him.
    Romans 5:10: For if while being enemies we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by His Life;
    Romans 5:11: and not only so, but also glorying in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we now received the reconciliation.
    Romans 5:12: Because of this, even as sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin, so also death passed to all men, inasmuch as all sinned.
    Romans 5:13: For sin was in the world until Law, but sin is not charged where there is no law;
    Romans 5:14: but death reigned from Adam until Moses, even on those who had not sinned in the likeness of Adam's transgression, who is a type of the coming One.
    Romans 5:15: But the free gift is not also like the deviation. For if by the deviation of the one the many died, much more the grace of God, and the gift in grace, which is of the one Man, Jesus Christ, did abound to the many.
    Romans 5:16: And the gift is not as by one having sinned; for indeed the judgment was of one to condemnation, but the free gift is of many deviations to justification.
    Romans 5:17: For if by the deviation of the one death reigned through the one, much more those who are receiving the abundance of grace and the gift of righteousness shall rule in life by the One, Jesus Christ.
    Romans 5:18: So then, as through one deviation it was toward all men to condemnation, so also through one righteous act toward all men to justification of life.
    Romans 5:19: For as through the one man's disobedience the many were constituted sinners, so also through the obedience of the One the many shall be constituted righteous.
    Romans 5:20: But Law came in besides, that the deviation might abound. But where sin abounded, grace much more abounded,
    Romans 5:21: that as sin ruled in death, so also grace might rule through righteousness to everlasting life, through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Romans 6:4: Therefore, we were buried with Him through baptism into death, that as Christ was raised up from the dead by the Glory of the Father, so also we should walk in newness of life.
    Romans 6:5: For if we have been joined together in the likeness of His death, so also shall we be in the resurrection,
    Romans 6:6: knowing this, that our old man was crucified with Him, that the body of sin might be nullified, so that we no longer serve sin.
    Romans 6:7: For the one that died has been justified from sin.
    Romans 6:8: But if we died with Christ, we believe that also we shall live with Him,
    Romans 6:9: knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dies no more; death no longer lords it over Him.
    Romans 6:10: For in that He died, He died to sin once for all; but in that He lives, He lives to God.
    Romans 6:11: So also you count yourselves to be truly dead to sin, but alive to God in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Romans 10:4: For Christ is the End of Law for righteousness to everyone that believes.
    Romans 10:5: For Moses writes of the righteousness which is of the Law: "The man doing these things shall live by them." (See Leviticus 18:5)
    Romans 10:6: But the righteousness of Faith says this: "Do not say in your heart, Who will go up into Heaven?" (that is, to bring down Christ);
    Romans 10:7: or, "Who will go down into the abyss?" (that is, to bring Christ up from the dead.)
    Romans 10:8: But what does it say? "The Word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart" (that is, the Word of Faith which we proclaim) (See Deuteronomy 30:12-14).
    Romans 10:9: Because if you confess the Lord Jesus with your mouth, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.
    Romans 10:10: For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth one confesses unto salvation.
    Romans 10:11: For the Scripture says, "Everyone believing on Him will not be put to shame." (See Isaiah 28:16)
    Romans 10:12: For there is no difference both of Jew and of Greek, for the same Lord of all is rich toward all the ones calling on Him.
    Romans 10:13: For everyone, "whoever may call on the name of the Lord will be saved."
    (See Joel 2:32)
    Romans 10:14: How then may they call on One into whom they have not believed? And how may they believe One of whom they have not heard? And how may they hear without preaching?
    Romans 10:15: And how may they preach if they are not sent? Even as it has been written, "How beautiful" "the feet of those preaching the Gospel of Peace, of those preaching the Gospel of Good Things." (See Isaiah 52:7)
    Romans 10:16: But not all obeyed the Gospel, for Isaiah says, "Lord, who has believed our report?" (See Isaiah 53:1)
    Romans 10:17: Then Faith is of hearing, and hearing through the Word of God.
    Romans 10:18: But I say, Did they not hear? Yes, rather, "into all the Earth their voice went out, and to the ends of the world their words." (See LXX-Psalm 18:5 and MT-Psalm 19:4)

Galatians 1:3: Grace to you and peace from God the Father and our Lord Jesus Christ,
    Galatians 1:4: who gave Himself for our sins, so that He might deliver us out of the present evil age, according to the will of our God and Father,
    Galatians 1:5: to whom be the glory to the ages of the ages. Amen.
    Galatians 1:6: I wonder that you are so quickly turning back from the One having called you by the grace of Christ to another gospel,
    Galatians 1:7: which is not another; only there are some troubling you, even determined to pervert the Gospel of Christ.
    Galatians 1:8: But even if we, or an angel out of Heaven, should preach a gospel to you beside the Gospel we preached to you, let him be accursed.
    Galatians 1:9: As we have said before, and now I say again, If anyone preaches a gospel beside what you received, let him be accursed.
    Galatians 1:10: For do I now persuade men or God? Or do I seek to please men? For if I yet pleased men, I would not be a slave of Christ.
    Galatians 1:11: And, brothers, I make known to you the Gospel preached by me, that it is not according to man.
    Galatians 1:12: For I did not receive it from man, nor was I taught it, but by a Revelation of Jesus Christ.

1st John 3:16: By this we have known the love of God, because that One laid down His life for us; and on behalf of the brothers we ought to lay down our lives.

1st John 4:9: By this the love of God was revealed in us, because His Son, the Only Begotten, God has sent into the world that we might live through Him.
    1st John 4:10: In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us, and sent His Son to be a Propitiation relating to our sins.
    1st John 4:11: Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another.

Colossians 2:6: Therefore, as you received Christ Jesus the Lord, walk in Him,
    Colossians 2:7: being rooted and being built up in Him, and being confirmed in the Faith, even as you were taught, abounding in it with thanksgiving.
    Colossians 2:8: Watch that there not be one robbing you through philosophy and empty deceit, according to the tradition of men, according to the elements of the world, and not according to Christ.
    Colossians 2:9: For in Him dwells all the Fullness of the Godhead (Deity) Bodily;
    Colossians 2:10: and having been filled, you are in Him, who is the Head of all rule and authority,
    Colossians 2:11: in whom also you were circumcised with a circumcision not made by hands, in the putting off of the body of the sins of the flesh, by the circumcision of Christ,
    Colossians 2:12: being buried with Him in Baptism, in whom also you were raised through the Faith of the working of God, raising Him from among the dead.
    Colossians 2:13: And you, being dead in the deviations and the uncircumcision of your flesh, He made alive together with Him, having forgiven you all the deviations,
    Colossians 2:14: blotting out the handwriting in the ordinances against us, which was contrary to us, even He has taken it out of the midst, nailing it to the Cross;
    Colossians 2:15: having stripped the rulers and the authorities, He made a show of them in public, triumphing over them in it.
    Colossians 2:16: Then do not let anyone judge you in eating, or in drinking, or in part of a feast, or of a new moon, or of Sabbaths,
    Colossians 2:17: which are a shadow of coming things, but the Body is of Christ.
    Colossians 2:18: Let no one condemn you, delighting in humility and worship of the angels, pushing into things which he has not seen, being puffed up by the mind of his flesh without cause,
    Colossians 2:19: and not holding fast the Head, from whom all the body having been supplied through the joints and bands, and being joined together, will grow with the growth of God.
    Colossians 2:20: If, then, you died with Christ from the elements of the world, why are you under its decrees, as living in the world?
    Colossians 2:21: Do not handle, do not taste, do not touch,
    Colossians 2:22: which things are all for corruption in the using, according to the "injunctions and teachings of men." (See Isaiah 29:13)
    Colossians 2:23: Which things indeed appear to be a matter of having wisdom in self-imposed worship and humility, and severity in abuse of the body, but are not of any value with regards to gratification of the flesh.

Hebrews 2:2: For if the Word spoken by angels was confirmed, and every transgression and disobedience received a just repayment;
    Hebrews 2:3: how shall we escape if we neglect so great a salvation? Which having received a beginning to be spoken through the Lord, was confirmed to us by the ones hearing,
    Hebrews 2:4: God bearing witness with them by both miraculous signs and wonders, and by various works of power, even by distribution of the Holy Spirit, according to His Will.

Hebrews 2:14: Since, then, the children have partaken of flesh and blood, in like manner He Himself also shared the same things, that through death He might cause to cease the one having the power of death, that is, the Devil;
    Hebrews 2:15: and might set these free, as many as by fear of death were subject to slavery through all the lifetime to live.

John 6:35: Jesus said to them, I am the Bread of Life; the one coming to Me will not at all hunger, and the one believing into Me will not thirst, never!
    John 6:36: But I said to you that you also have seen Me and did not believe.
    John 6:37: All that the Father gives to Me shall come to Me, and the one coming to Me I will in no way cast out.
    John 6:38: For I have come down out of Heaven, not that I should do My Will, but the Will of Him who sent Me.
    John 6:39: And this is the Will of the Father sending Me, that of all that He has given Me, I shall not lose any of it, but shall raise it up in the last day.
    John 6:40: And this is the Will of the One sending Me, that everyone seeing the Son and believing into Him should have everlasting life; and I will raise him up at the last day.

John 6:44: No one is able to come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him, and I will raise him up in the last day.
    John 6:45: It has been written in the Prophets, They "shall" all "be taught of God." So then everyone who hears and learns from the Father comes to Me; (See Isaiah 54:13)
    John 6:46: not that anyone has seen the Father, except the One being from God, He has seen the Father.
    John 6:47: Truly, truly, I say to you, The one believing into Me has everlasting life.
    John 6:48: I am the Bread of Life.
    John 6:49: Your fathers ate the manna in the wilderness and died.
    John 6:50: This is the Bread coming down out of Heaven, that anyone may eat of it and not die.
    John 6:51: I am the Living Bread that came down from Heaven. If anyone eats of this Bread, he will live forever. And indeed the Bread which I will give is My Flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.
    John 6:52: Then the Jews argued with one another, saying, How can this One give us His Flesh to eat?
    John 6:53: Then Jesus said to them, Truly, truly, I say to you, Except you eat the Flesh of the Son of Man, and drink His Blood, you do not have life in yourselves.
    John 6:54: The one partaking of My Flesh and drinking of My Blood has everlasting life, and I will raise him up at the last day.
    John 6:55: For My Flesh is truly Food, and My Blood is truly Drink.
    John 6:56: The one partaking of My Flesh and drinking of My Blood abides in Me, and I in him.
    John 6:57: Even as the Living Father sent Me, and I live through the Father; also the one partaking Me, even that one will live through Me.
    John 6:58: This is the Bread which came down out of Heaven, not as your fathers ate the manna and died; the one partaking of this Bread will live forever.

Ephesians 3:14: For this reason I bow my knees to the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,
    Ephesians 3:15: of whom every family in Heaven and on Earth is named,
    Ephesians 3:16: that He may give you, according to the riches of His Glory, by His power to become mighty in the inward man through His Spirit,
    Ephesians 3:17: that through Faith Christ may dwell in your hearts, having been rooted and founded in love,
    Ephesians 3:18: that you may be given strength to grasp, with all the Saints, what is the breadth and length and depth and height,
    Ephesians 3:19: and to know the surpassing knowledge and love of Christ, that you may be filled to all the Fullness of God.

Hebrews 11:6: But without Faith it is impossible to please God. For it is right that the one drawing near to God should believe that He is, and that He becomes a Rewarder to the ones seeking Him out.

1st John 5:1: Everyone believing that Jesus is the Christ has been Generated (Born) from God. And everyone who loves Him who begets also loves the one who has been Born of Him.
    1st John 5:2: By this we know that we love the children of God: when we love God and keep His Commandments.
    1st John 5:3: For this is the love of God, that we keep His Commandments; and His Commandments are not heavy.
    1st John 5:4: Because everything having been Born of God overcomes the world, and this is the victory overcoming the world, our Faith.
    1st John 5:5: Who is the one overcoming the world except the one who believes that Jesus is the Son of God?
    1st John 5:6: This is the One coming through Water and Blood, Jesus Christ; not by the Water only, but by the Water and the Blood. And the Spirit is the One witnessing, because the Spirit is the Truth.
    1st John 5:7: For there are Three bearing witness in Heaven: the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit; and these Three are One.
    1st John 5:8: And there are Three who bear witness on the Earth: The Spirit, and the Water, and the Blood; and the Three are to the One.
    1st John 5:9: If we receive the witness of men, the Witness of God is greater; because this is the Witness of God which He has witnessed about His Son:
    1st John 5:10: The one believing in the Son of God has the Witness in himself. The one not believing God has made Him a liar, because he has not believed in the Witness which God has witnessed concerning His Son.
    1st John 5:11: And this is the Witness: that God gave us everlasting life, and this life is in His Son.
    1st John 5:12: The one having the Son has life. The one not having the Son of God does not have life.
    1st John 5:13: I wrote these things to you, the ones believing in the Name of the Son of God, that you may know that you have everlasting life, and that you may believe in the Name of the Son of God.
    1st John 5:14: And this is the confidence we have toward Him, that if we ask anything according to His Will, He hears us.
    1st John 5:15: And if we know that He hears us, whatever we ask, we know that we have the requests which we have asked from Him.

1st John 5:18: We know that everyone being Generated (Born) from God does not sin, but the one having been Generated (Born) from God keeps himself, and the evil one does not touch him.
    1st John 5:19: We know that we are of God, and the whole world lies in the evil.
    1st John 5:20: And we know that the Son of God has come, and He has given to us an understanding that we may know the True One, and we are in the True One, in His Son Jesus Christ. This is the True God and the Life Everlasting.

Romans 8:1: There is therefore now no condemnation to those in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to flesh, but according to Spirit.
    Romans 8:2: For the Law of the Spirit of Life in Christ Jesus set me free from the law of sin and of death.

NO AMOUNT OF "GOOD WORKS" CAN SAVE YOU, BUT YOU CAN ONLY BE SAVED BY GOD'S GRACE AND THROUGH FAITH IN JESUS CHRIST AS YOUR SAVIOR:

John 6:28: Then they said to Him, What may we do that we may work the works of God?
    John 6:29: Jesus answered and said to them, This is the work of God, that you believe into Him whom that One sent.

Romans 11:6: But if by grace, no longer is it of works; else grace no longer becomes grace. But if of works, it is no longer grace; else work is no longer work.

Ephesians 2:8: For by grace you are saved, through Faith, and this not of yourselves; it is the gift of God;
    Ephesians 2:9: not of works, that not anyone should boast;
    Ephesians 2:10: for we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God before prepared that we should walk in them.

2nd Timothy 1:9: the One having saved us and having called us with a Holy Calling, not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace given to us in Christ Jesus before eternal times

Titus 3:4: But when the kindness and love of God our Savior toward man appeared,
    Titus 3:5: not by works in righteousness which we had done, but according to His mercy, He saved us through the washing of regeneration and renewal of the Holy Spirit,
    Titus 3:6: whom He poured out on us richly through Jesus Christ, our Savior;
    Titus 3:7: that being justified by His grace, we should become heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

Galatians 2:16: knowing that a man is not justified by works of Law, but that it is through Faith in Jesus Christ (we also believed into Christ Jesus, that we may be justified by Faith in Christ and not by works of Law, because all flesh will not be justified by works of Law). (See Psalm 123:2)

WHAT IS THE REWARD OF THOSE WHO ARE SAVED?

Matthew 5:12: Rejoice and leap for joy, for your reward is great in Heaven; for in this way they persecuted the Prophets who were before you.

1Pe 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, He according to His great mercy having regenerated us to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,
    1Pe 1:4 to an inheritance incorruptible and undefiled and unfading, having been kept in Heaven for you

Genesis 5:22: And Enoch walked with God three hundred years after he fathered Methuselah. And he fathered sons and daughters.
    Genesis 5:23: And all the days of Enoch were three hundred and sixty five years.
    Genesis 5:24: And Enoch walked with God. Then he was not, for God took him.

Hebrews 11:5: By Faith "Enoch" was translated so as not to see death, and "was not found, because God translated him." For before his translation, he had obtained witness to have been pleasing to God. (See Genesis 5:24)

2nd Kings 2:11: And it happened, as they were going on and speaking, behold, a Chariot of Fire and Horses of Fire came. And they separated between them both, and Elijah went up in a tempest to Heaven.

Luke 23:42: And he said to Jesus, Lord, remember me when You come in Your Kingdom.
    Luke 23:43: And Jesus said to him, Truly I say to you, Today you will be with Me in Paradise.

Luke 16:20: And there was a certain poor one named Lazarus who had been laid at his doorway, having been ulcerated,
    Luke 16:21: and longing to be filled from the crumbs that were falling from the table of the rich one. But coming, even the dogs licked his sores.
    Luke 16:22: And it happened, the poor one died and was carried away by the angels into the Bosom of Abraham. And the rich one also died and was buried.
    Luke 16:23: And being in torments in Hell, lifting up his eyes, he sees Abraham afar off and Lazarus in his Bosom.

Matthew 8:11: But I say to you that many will come from east and west, and will recline with Abraham and Isaac and Jacob in the Kingdom of Heaven

2nd Corinthians 5:1: For we know that if our Earthly house of this tabernacle is taken down, we have a Building from God, a House not made with hands, eternal in Heaven.
    2nd Corinthians 5:2: For also in this we groan, greatly desiring to be clothed with our dwelling place out of Heaven

John 14:1: Do not let your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me.
    John 14:2: In My Father's House are many Dwelling Places. But if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going to prepare a Place for you!
    John 14:3: And if I go and prepare a Place for you, I am Coming again and will receive you to Myself, that where I am you may be also.

1st Thessalonians 4:13: But I do not want you to be ignorant, brothers, concerning those who sleep, that you not grieve, as the rest also, not having hope.
    1st Thessalonians 4:14: For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will also bring with Him all those who have fallen asleep through Jesus.
    1st Thessalonians 4:15: For we say this to you in the Word of the Lord, that we the living who remain to the Coming of the Lord will not at all go before those who have fallen asleep.
    1st Thessalonians 4:16: Because the Lord Himself shall Come down from Heaven with a commanding shout of an archangel's voice, and with God's trumpet. And the dead in Christ will rise again first.
    1st Thessalonians 4:17: Then we who remain alive will be caught up together with them in the clouds to a meeting with the Lord in the air. And so we will always be with the Lord.
    1st Thessalonians 4:18: So, then, comfort each other with these Words.

I would love to hear everyone's comments on these Scriptures.

Edited by - UnDisfellowshipped on 7 September 2002 5:21:1

• Navigator
    Navigator

There are far too many scriptures to comment on. However, I'm not comfortable with the jewish concept of the ransom sacrifice. It seems to me that the purpose of Jesus's coming was to show us what the possibilities were. He said that the "kingdom of God is within you". His challenge was for us all to rise to the level of intimacy with God that he demonstrated. He certainly did not intend to be worshipped. His response to the rich young ruler who addressed him as "Good Master" is very revealing in this regard. He demonstrated that this life on earth is not all there is and that death can be overcome. Obviously, he understood that in order to make that demonstration, he would have to go through the process. We all have to do our own spiritual work. Jesus can show us the path, but we have to "show a little willingness". Looking at Jesus through the new testament is like looking through smoked glass, clouded by doctrine and dogma. I prefer the view through the channeled material in A Course in Miracles, or the writings of contemporary mystics such as the late Joel Goldsmith which relies heavily on the Gospel of John.

• Dazed
    Dazed

In re: Romans 3:10, who then, are the "just" ones spoken of in Acts 24:15, or is just not equivalent to righteous? The greek word used here is dikiaos, infering innocent or holy, righteous. That from the KJV with Strong's numbers.

Also, what exactly is the difference between these phrases:

"Jesus provided a ransom sacrifice for all mankind, that they may live, even though they sin"

and

"Jesus died for our sins, so we may live, even though we sin"

Dazed...and thoroughly confused.

• Navigator
    Navigator

If you believe everything you read in the Bible, you will continue to be confused because the Bible is contradictory in many places. The Jewish religion practiced animal sacrifice. Is it so strange that they would see Jesus's death in that light? The Jewish view of God was terribly warped and distorted. Jesus showed us a different way to look at God. You haven't sacrificed any animals lately, have you? God does not take delight in the sacrifice of animals and certainly not in the sacrifice of humans. In a sense, Jesus did die for us, but not for our sins.

• Dazed
    Dazed

Um...what?

I guess an individual's view depends on their belief in the bible being inspired and their belief that God exists. Personally, I believe that Jesus died for our sins, because I believe he was the son of God. If Jesus wasn't here to die for our sins, the entire bible, let alone the new testament, is worthless. Not because it doesn't provide valuable insight, but because the whole purpose of the bible is God's right of sovereignty over his creation, regardless of which christian denomination you affiliate with (in other words, a trinity discussion wouldn't apply, but a basic belief in the tenets of christianity would be necessary, including, but not limited to, the fact that Jesus did in fact, as he himself said, die for the sinfulness of mankind). This doesn't imply that he died because you like to look at Playboy (or whatever) but that he died for the original sin, a perfect life for a perfect life. Very old testament to be sure, but to believe that the bible is fairytale is to believe that Snow White is truly living happily ever after.

It is in man's inherit nature, even before Jesus came on the scene, to be kind and loving towards one another. That concept, in and of itself, could lead into a lengthy discussion of human psychology. It is similar to our concept of eternity. Would we have even thought of eternity if God hadn't put it in our hearts to think so? Again, an entirely philosophical discussion, but still thought provoking. Since the concept of eternity and infinity are so abstract, to believe we came up with those ideas on our own seems ludicrous to me.

In a sense, Jesus did die for us, but not for our sins.

hmmm.....

Dazed...and thoroughly confused.

• Navigator
    Navigator

Dazed

It is in man's inherit nature, even before Jesus came on the scene, to be kind and loving towards one another

Did you sleep through history class? Was the hollacaust an example of man's inherent loving nature? How about the 30 years war? Millions have been slaughtered in the name of Christ.

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

Navigator said:

Did you sleep through history class? Was the hollacaust an example of man's inherent loving nature? How about the 30 years war? Millions have been slaughtered in the name of Christ.

Somehow I don't think the Roman Catholics would have had as many followers if they openly slaughtered all those people in the name of Satan (even though that's who they truly served).

My point is, anyone can do anything in anyone's name!

Someone could murder people and claim he was following God, does that person's claim prove that he was following God?

Yes, there are some people who are just plain WICKED!

And yet, there are some people are loving and kind.

HERE is what proves if a person is following God and Christ:

1st John 4:7: Beloved, let us love one another, for love is of God; and everyone who loves is Born of God, and knows God.
    1st John 4:8: He who doesn't love doesn't know God, for God is love.
    1st John 4:9: By this was God's love revealed in us, that God has sent His One and Only Son into the world that we might live through Him.
    1st John 4:10: In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us, and sent His Son as the Atoning Sacrifice for our sins.
    1st John 4:11: Beloved, if God loved us in this way, we also ought to love one another.
    1st John 4:12: No one has seen God at any time. If we love one another, God remains in us, and His love has been perfected in us.
    1st John 4:13: By this we know that we remain in Him and He in us, because He has given us of His Spirit.
    1st John 4:14: We have seen and testify that the Father has sent the Son as the Savior of the world.
    1st John 4:15: Whoever confesses that Jesus is the Son of God, God remains in him, and he in God.
    1st John 4:16: We know and have believed the love which God has for us. God is Love, and he who remains in love remains in God, and God remains in him.
    1st John 4:17: In this love has been made perfect among us, that we may have boldness in the Day of Judgment, because as He is, even so are we in this world.
    1st John 4:18: There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear has punishment. He who fears is not made perfect in love.
    1st John 4:19: We love Him, because He first loved us.
    1st John 4:20: If a man says, "I love God," and hates his brother, he is a liar; for he who doesn't love his brother whom he has seen, how can he love God whom he has not seen?
    1st John 4:21: This Commandment we have from Him, that he who loves God should also love his brother.

John 13:34: A New Commandment I give to you, that you love one another, just like I have loved you; that you also love one another.
    John 13:35: By this everyone will know that you are My Disciples, if you have love for one another."

John 15:9: Even as the Father has loved Me, I also have loved you. Remain in My love.
    John 15:10: If you keep My Commandments, you will remain in My love; even as I have kept My Father's Commandments, and remain in His love.
    John 15:11: I have spoken these things to you, that My joy may remain in you, and that your joy may be made full.
    John 15:12: "This is My Commandment, that you love one another, even as I have loved you.
    John 15:13: No one has greater love than this, that someone lay down his life for his friends.

1st John 3:23: This is His Commandment, that we should believe in the Name of His Son, Jesus Christ, and love one another, even as He commanded.
    1st John 3:24: He who keeps His Commandments remains in Him, and He in him. By this we know that He remains in us, by the Spirit which He gave us.

Ephesians 5:1: Be therefore imitators of God, as beloved children.
    Ephesians 5:2: Walk in love, even as Christ also loved you, and gave Himself up for us, an Offering and a Sacrifice to God for a sweet-smelling fragrance.

1st Thessalonians 4:9: But concerning brotherly love, you have no need that one write to you. For you yourselves are taught by God to love one another

Galatians 5:6: For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision amounts to anything, nor uncircumcision, but Faith working through love.

Galatians 5:22: But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,
    Galatians 5:23: gentleness, and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

1st Corinthians 13:1: If I speak with the languages of men and of angels, but don't have love, I have become sounding brass, or a clanging cymbal.
    1st Corinthians 13:2: If I have the gift of prophecy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge; and if I have all Faith, so as to remove mountains, but don't have love, I am nothing.
    1st Corinthians 13:3: If I dole out all my goods to feed the poor, and if I give my body to be burned, but don't have love, it profits me nothing.
    1st Corinthians 13:4: Love is patient and is kind; love doesn't envy. Love doesn't brag, is not proud,
    1st Corinthians 13:5: doesn't behave itself inappropriately, doesn't seek its own way, is not provoked, takes no account of evil;
    1st Corinthians 13:6: doesn't rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth;
    1st Corinthians 13:7: bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

1st Corinthians 13:13: But now Faith, hope, and love remain -- these three. The greatest of these is love.

Matthew 22:36: "Teacher, which is the Greatest Commandment in the Law?"
    Matthew 22:37: Jesus said to him, "'You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind.'
    Matthew 22:38: This is the First and Great Commandment.
    Matthew 22:39: A second likewise is this, 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself.'
    Matthew 22:40: The whole Law and the Prophets depend on these Two Commandments."

Colossians 3:12: Put on therefore, as God's elect, holy and beloved, a heart of compassion, kindness, lowliness, humility, and perseverance;
    Colossians 3:13: bearing with one another, and forgiving each other, if any man has a complaint against any; even as Christ forgave you, so you also do.
    Colossians 3:14: Above all these things, walk in love, which is the bond of perfection.

1st Thessalonians 3:12: and the Lord make you to increase and abound in love one toward another, and toward all men, even as we also do toward you,
    1st Thessalonians 3:13: to the end He may establish your hearts blameless in holiness before our God and Father, at the Coming of our Lord Jesus with all His Saints.

Romans 12:9: Let love be without hypocrisy. Abhor that which is evil. Cling to that which is good.

Romans 13:8: Owe no one anything, except to love one another; for he who loves his neighbor has fulfilled the Law.
    Romans 13:9: For the Commandments, "You shall not commit adultery," "You shall not murder," "You shall not steal," "You shall not give false testimony," "You shall not covet," and whatever other Commandments there are, are all summed up in this saying, namely, "You shall love your neighbor as yourself."
    Romans 13:10: Love doesn't harm a neighbor. Love therefore is the fulfillment of the Law.

1st John 3:14: We know that we have passed out of death into life, because we love the brothers. He who doesn't love his brother remains in death.
    1st John 3:15: Whoever hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life remaining in him.
    1st John 3:16: By this we know love, because He laid down His Life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for the brothers.
    1st John 3:17: But whoever has the world's goods, and sees his brother in need, and closes his heart of compassion against him, how does the love of God remain in him?
    1st John 3:18: My little children, let's not love in word only, neither with the tongue only, but in deed and truth.

1st Corinthians 10:24: Let no one seek his own, but each one his neighbor's good.

1st Corinthians 16:14: Let all that you do be done in love.

Matthew 5:43: "You have heard that it was said, 'You shall love your neighbor, and hate your enemy.'
    Matthew 5:44: But I tell you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who mistreat you and persecute you,
    Matthew 5:45: that you may be children of your Father who is in Heaven. For He makes His sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the just and the unjust.
    Matthew 5:46: For if you love those who love you, what reward do you have? Don't even the tax collectors do the same?
    Matthew 5:47: If you only greet your friends, what more do you do than others? Don't even the tax collectors do the same?
    Matthew 5:48: Therefore you shall be perfect, just as your Father in Heaven is perfect.

Romans 12:14: Bless those who persecute you; bless, and don't curse.

Romans 12:20: Therefore "If your enemy is hungry, feed him. If he is thirsty, give him a drink. For in doing so, you will heap coals of fire on his head."
    Romans 12:21: Don't be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

James 1:27: Pure Religion and undefiled before our God and Father is this: to visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep oneself unstained by the world.

Galatians 5:14: For the whole Law is fulfilled in one Word, in this: "You shall love your neighbor as yourself."

James 2:8: However, if you fulfill the Royal Law, according to the Scripture, "You shall love your neighbor as yourself," you do well.

Matthew 7:12: Therefore whatever you desire for men to do to you, you shall also do to them; for this is the Law and the Prophets.

I cannot imagine how evil the people would have to be to claim to follow Christ and to murder people, or to claim to follow Christ and allow Pedophiles to go free among Children, and then punish the Children for turning the Pedophile in.

I do not see ANY WAY for anyone to read those Scriptures above, and then do wicked acts to his fellow humans.

Matthew 18:5: Whoever receives one such little child in My Name receives Me,
    Matthew 18:6: but whoever causes one of these little children who believe in Me to stumble, it would be better for him that a huge millstone should be hung around his neck, and that he should be sunk in the depths of the sea.

Even if you do not believe in God or Christ, can ANYONE possibly argue that it is NOT a good thing to do what Jesus taught?

• kes152
    kes152

When do we get this "eternal life?" When do we start "living forever?" Can we have eternal life now, or do we have to wait until the "end" to find out if we're going to live forever or not?

Peace to you,

Aaron

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

Aaron,

I truly, sincerely apologize for taking this long to reply to your question.

I cannot believe I have taken so long to respond.

You asked:

When do we get this "eternal life?" When do we start "living forever?" Can we have eternal life now, or do we have to wait until the "end" to find out if we're going to live forever or not?

Peace to you,

Aaron

Very, very, very good questions Aaron!

I will let the Scriptures answer it:

Ephesians 2:8: for by grace [undeserved kindness] you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God,
    Ephesians 2:9: not of works, that no one would boast.

Titus 3:4: But when the kindness of God our Savior and His love toward mankind appeared,
    Titus 3:5: not by works of righteousness, which we did ourselves, but according to His mercy, He saved us, through the washing of regeneration and renewing by the Holy Spirit,
    Titus 3:6: which He poured out on us richly, through Jesus Christ our Savior;
    Titus 3:7: that, being justified by His grace [undeserved kindess], we might be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

John 3:36: One who believes in the Son has eternal life, but one who disobeys the Son won't see life, but the wrath of God remains on him."

John 5:24: "Most assuredly I tell you, he who hears My Word, and believes Him [The Father] who sent Me, has eternal life, and doesn't come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

John 6:47: Most assuredly, I tell you, he who believes in Me has eternal life.

1st John 5:12: He who has the Son has the life. He who doesn't have God's Son doesn't have the life.
    1st John 5:13: These things I have written to you who believe in the Name of the Son of God, that you may know that you have eternal life, and that you may continue to believe in the Name of the Son of God.

In those Scriptures, it says that the Christians back then had already been saved, so it must mean that at the exact moment you truly put all of your faith, trust, and hope in Jesus Christ as your Savior and Lord and in His Sacrifice and Resurrection, you are SAVED by the Sacrifice, Resurrection, and Grace of Christ!

• kes152
    kes152

You are very close.. dear one.

The answer is in the scripture you quoted... Titus 3:4-6. We are not saved the 'instant' we put all our faith, hope and trust in Jesus. We are saved by the "washing of regeneration and renewing in Holy Spirit." Holy Spirit is the "living water" that bubbles up inside us to give everlasting life. Anyone who is thirsty may drink of this water, for such water our Father and his Son give freely (John 4:14; Revelation 21:6, 7).

Once you drink that water, as long as that water remains in you, everlasting life dwells inside you. Even if you were to fall asleep in the flesh, you would not recognize it for your spirit will be FULL of life. You would not see Death like the rest of man who already died, but you would be kept alive forever (John 5:24; Revelation 6:10, 11).

Peace to you,

Aaron

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit